XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Another Flat

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

THAT's actually my chore this weekend. I haven't opened any of my windows since before winter, and I'll be using some fine-glass polish on everything to take the water spots and debris away. We'll see.

Mosesbotbol, you're too cool. We need to start calling you Holy Moses.
Have you got thee garages at home? Two for the car accessories and cleaners you've learned about, and the third to squeeze the family cars into?

Old 04-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I am a two car guy... Traded in the Lotus for the XE :-)

Old 05-22-2017, 06:50 AM
Veteran Member

Guess what??? Another bubble in my front tire, this time the driver's side tire. Will need to get it replaced at the dealer... Well, I am also having a vibration from the front which I think it because of Sudbury Jaguar's poor wheel balancing...

4 tires with less than 6K miles on the car.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

High speeds + potholes + low profile tires = destroyed tires

Old 05-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by booklaw1
High speeds + potholes + low profile tires = destroyed tires
Have had cars with 19"+ wheels for over decade and this never happened until the XE. My XK had lower profile 19" than the XE and never a bubble or tear. These Pirelli's Cinturato are junk. Had good luck on P Zero Nero's... The is 4 damaged tires in 9 months.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

I thought I was supposed to bring the car in Wednesday to replace the front tire, but Jaguar dealer called me today and asked when they could pick up the car at my house. Apparently, they thought I was to bring it in today... I said sure, come by at 11 to my house and pick it up. Two guys arrived in Land Rover lab coats to pick up my car. Printed a piece of paper with notes on the passenger's seat:

-Replace driver's side front tire
-Road force balance new driver's side front tire
-Road force balance front passenger side tire (was vibrating ever since they replace that tire a few weeks ago)
-Remove any tire weight adhesive remaining after road force balancing
-Set tires to "light load" at 36 psi

I checked the tires before they picked them up and they are all at 36. I hope they hit their marks on this service. Was great of them to pick up my car.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member

So, I get an update from the dealership that my two front wheels are both dented and need to be repaired. They said it could be a few days and dropped me off a Discovery loaner. That was good on them and I hope they replace the front wheels instead of trying to repair them. They never look the same once they try to repaint them. First glances look fine, but once you dig deep into them they are not looking like OEM.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Dang it, Mosesbotbol! White gloves, and lab coats, coming to YOU to pick up the car?!!

I want YOUR dealership! That's what Jaguar/Landrover is MEANT to be!

....Not my NY dealership. Waste four trips driving up to the place, (16 miles each trip)...
They fix a loose wire in my airbag seat---and scrape up three interior plastic panels in the cabin.

They plan to order the replacement panels they damaged----and leave me waiting three months hoping I was a mental outpatient who'd just forget over time.

They apologize for not ordering the panels, then find out they ordered the wrong panel after I make the trip up there.

They finally install the right panels---and put two long scrapes in the green paint of my door well during the install.

....Meanwhile, you get the A++ treatment that shows Jaguar knows what it's doing.
That's it. I'm packing up and moving to Boston. Mosesbotbol, rent me a room in your place so I can take my car to your dealership. I'm sick of the lousy service in my city.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:13 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

There has to be something wrong with those tires...

I can't imagine how can you be getting some many punctures so frequently.

Maybe the dealership got a defective batch of those Pirellis and they've been using those for all this time?

I live in the city where the roads are horrible. I often cringe when I hit the potholes - some of them being 6-8 inches deep.
However, these Conti's have been very good as far as sidewall strength goes. As for dynamics, they are 5/10.

Last edited by Demetre Gvaramia; 05-31-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by NewLester de Rocin
Dang it, Mosesbotbol! White gloves, and lab coats, coming to YOU to pick up the car?!!

I want YOUR dealership! That's what Jaguar/Landrover is MEANT to be!
So far, the service and treatment on this service bill has been great. It hasn't always been and they have a new service manager who wants to do right. I hope they replace the wheels instead of fixing and painting. They haven't been able to match the two tone 100% on a previous repair.

I wish they'd let me get another set of tires; even if I have to pay some to get out of these Pirelli's. I set my tires to 37 psi all around. I check and correct them once a week.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
There has to be something wrong with those tires...

I can't imagine how can you be getting some many punctures so frequently.

Maybe the dealership got a defective batch of those Pirellis and they've been using those for all this time?

I live in the city where the roads are horrible. I often cringe when I hit the potholes - some of them being 6-8 inches deep.
However, these Conti's have been very good as far as sidewall strength goes. As for dynamics, they are 5/10.
One replacement tire was from Sullivan's but the rest were from the dealership and each one had to be ordered. I wonder if the dealership and Sullivan's get them from the same source? Just crappy tires... The handle fine for what they are.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

So dealer picked up the car, dropped it off for me. Had the work order written correctly (also sent them a picture of tire before hand), but replaced the wrong tire... Tire still has a bubble in it. Left a message for service manager...

Another gripe is when I blew out the other tire, why didn't they check to see if the wheel was bent the first time?

Back to the dealer again. They put on the Ritz for me, but still didn't do the work and it's clear as day what needed to be done...

Old 06-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think my dealer is even worse on service (Paramus NJ). Had my car for original service for couple of items. They said all are adjusted and had to order two parts for a bad door panel and window seal rubber. None of the issues were adjusted and they adjusted my front passenger light so poorly it literally pointed at the ground. Said parts would come in about a month. It has been 4 months, multiple voicemails from me and internet messages and I have not gotten a single call back. I have a poorly aligned door which they said they fixed and did not do squat. Since then it actually opened on me while driving on the highway and about 3 times a week it does not close properly on me and I have re-open to shut again. Yes I could just slam it harder but there is clearly something not right with it. I guess me falling out of the car on the highway is not an issue for the dealer.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
I think my dealer is even worse on service (Paramus NJ). Had my car for original service for couple of items. They said all are adjusted and had to order two parts for a bad door panel and window seal rubber. None of the issues were adjusted and they adjusted my front passenger light so poorly it literally pointed at the ground. Said parts would come in about a month. It has been 4 months, multiple voicemails from me and internet messages and I have not gotten a single call back. I have a poorly aligned door which they said they fixed and did not do squat. Since then it actually opened on me while driving on the highway and about 3 times a week it does not close properly on me and I have re-open to shut again. Yes I could just slam it harder but there is clearly something not right with it. I guess me falling out of the car on the highway is not an issue for the dealer.
I would speak the JLR NA, there are some contacts mentioned on this site. JLR is paying the dealership for the work, so they should be just as concerned on that dealership's crappy work.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member

Just spoke the service manager and they are on the their way to pick up my car again. I'll point out the bubble before they leave with the car. He was sincerely sorry about the F up. He would triage the issue to see where their guys fell short...

I told him I did not want this cost put against my tire/wheel insurance and that I did not want my old tire re-mounted either. He said they would add an additional new tire; so both upfront will now be brand new.

He is promising same day turn around...

Old 06-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

Got the car back the same day. Service manager said the tech saw a bigger bubble on the passenger side and went to replace that one. So, two new front tires. This makes 5 tires in 6K miles... Service manager said they are changing these Pirelli's daily and it's not me... The Conti's are not an issue.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Got the car back the same day. Service manager said the tech saw a bigger bubble on the passenger side and went to replace that one. So, two new front tires. This makes 5 tires in 6K miles... Service manager said they are changing these Pirelli's daily and it's not me... The Conti's are not an issue.
It sounds to me that Pirelli needs some better QC measures. It is simply unacceptable. I can only imagine what it should be like not having a wheel and tire insurance.

We are not talking about some race slick low production tire. This is a mainstream all season that fits all types of cars. 5 pcs in 6K miles is an unbelievable number.