XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Any discounts off MSRP when you bought your XE?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default Any discounts off MSRP when you bought your XE?

I am considering a new XE.

For those who made purchases, what the dealers discounting off MSRP?

I have a pristine 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition Convertible with 18,000 miles that i have listed for sale. If sold, I am wanting to move into a 4 door sedan. The XE seems to be my choice.

I am curious as to pricing off MSRP.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I got 4K off msrp on a fully loaded XE R Sport 3.5 AWD. Was just under 65K and got it just about 61K.

Other dealers were doing $2500, some $500.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see they're starting to move off of MSRP...I'm expecting a 30 Sept delivery...let me brush up on my negotiating skills!! Thanks...

Old 09-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

I dont know about the US, but over here the discounting tends to get more aggressive at the end of the year and January/Feb on the previous year build.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by NYC-Style
Good to see they're starting to move off of MSRP...I'm expecting a 30 Sept delivery...let me brush up on my negotiating skills!! Thanks...
I don't think they'll move much on a customer ordered car, but who knows. I was going to order, but they had one that fit the bill in showroom and it was the end of the month when I purchased it.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I don't think they'll move much on a customer ordered car, but who knows. I was going to order, but they had one that fit the bill in showroom and it was the end of the month when I purchased it.

I'm thinking they will...I've ordered cars before and was able to negotiate a deal. In this case I put no money down and ordered one just the way I wanted it...my salesman is cool so we'll see what they're willing to do.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep in mind, Most ppl are reluctant to buy Jags. XE and F-PACE are little better in this regard. I know how many sales a month Jag dealers make compared to bmws/benzs and american/jap car showrooms in their local areas.

Many Jag dealers offer 4k of MSRP to begin with they offered me 57k for brand new Jag xf which was marked at 61k msrp.

You should aim for 6k-7k off the MSRP but do not lowball them you just want to bring them down as much as possible as a bargaining strategy. Every step of the way bring them down a lil bit from their target number until you reach a number you feel reasonable.

Chances they will come down to 5k or little more if done right.

Don't Forget to show them you are interested in buying at every step of the way.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tiger_reddy

You should aim for 6k-7k off the MSRP but do not lowball them you just want to bring them down as much as possible as a bargaining strategy. Every step of the way bring them down a lil bit from their target number until you reach a number you feel reasonable.
I was told there's only 5.5% profit in the XE, so 6-7K is unlikely unless there is a lot of back end profit opportunity available.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

customer ordered cars are hard to negotiate since its not inventory sitting on the showroom that they need to push.

because the cars are still relatively new, its harder to negotiate the prices. this time next year when the 2018 models are dropping, they will be discounting these cars heavily.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

just a bit of information for Jaguar Clubs of North America members in good standing for at least 6 months---Jaguar NA has extended their private offer to JCNA to now include the XE (all models). Details may be seen here for members

Jaguar Land Rover Private Offer Program - Welcome

This discount is not from the dealer but is simply added to the end of your deals. It is not a rebate but a direct point of sale discount! So do your best "dealing" and when you hit the bottom apply this! Best of luck!

Old 09-09-2016, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by carzaddict
customer ordered cars are hard to negotiate since its not inventory sitting on the showroom that they need to push.

because the cars are still relatively new, its harder to negotiate the prices. this time next year when the 2018 models are dropping, they will be discounting these cars heavily.

Actually I've never had a problem in negotiating on an ordered car...your premise does make sense though. In the case of the XE my dealership has 25 on the lot...so they're not exactly flying off the shelves just yet. As most have mentioned seeing an XE is a rare sighting...same holds true here in Vegas. Bottom line is I'm sure they don't want another car sitting on their lot...so I'm guessing they'll want to move it...if not their lot inventory will go to 26...

Old 09-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I leased a XE R Sport in June and got about $5k of a car with a sticker of $56k. Lease deal was very fair I thought.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told there's only 5.5% profit in the XE, so 6-7K is unlikely unless there is a lot of back end profit opportunity available.
The idea is to bring them down as much as possible if you aim 6-7k off then they will come down to 5k or just lil more off thats what I was saying in my original post. If you aim for 5k off then they will bring you to 4k or less. Just a bargaining strategy bcoz these sales guys try to get you by bringing you to the medium between their figure and yours. Just the way it works they try to squeeze more out of you as much as possible.

On a Side Note, some of the best deals on cars I have seen have been towards the end of the tax year and filings. You just got to play your cards right if you are on a budget. Otherwise, you probably don't care abt a thousand here n there.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tiger_reddy
The idea is to bring them down as much as possible if you aim 6-7k off then they will come down to 5k or just lil more off thats what I was saying in my original post.
I mention to them that I have financed from Chase/Jaguar before and will again if we can make a deal and their rates are on par. That could be $1500 to them right there. I ended up leasing the XE as the rates were fantastic!

Old 09-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

dont forget, there is also manufacture kick back and bonuses. most manufactures will give them a rebate for making XX sales per month.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can wait, then do it. You're more likely to negotiate discounts by this time. Usually near the end of the year when they have promotional holiday sales and/or moving out the old inventory for the new ones from the coming year. But right now, you'll be really lucky to get any discounts. Demand is high while supply is low. It is not in your favor lol.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by daftshadow
If you can wait, then do it. You're more likely to negotiate discounts by this time. Usually near the end of the year when they have promotional holiday sales and/or moving out the old inventory for the new ones from the coming year.
They're currently selling 2017's so end of year is still going to be the same model year for Jag.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by daftshadow
If you can wait, then do it. You're more likely to negotiate discounts by this time. Usually near the end of the year when they have promotional holiday sales and/or moving out the old inventory for the new ones from the coming year. But right now, you'll be really lucky to get any discounts. Demand is high while supply is low. It is not in your favor lol.
I agree with end of year deals...but it also holds true for end of the month as well. It hardly appears though that there is a high demand...as I mentioned in a previous post my dealership has 25 on the lot...I wouldn't call that a low supply...an XE is a rare sighting...so dealerships need to get these things out on the street.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

F Pace is higher demand IMO, along with Land Rover models. It's going to take some time for buyers to warm up to the XE. Perhaps over next summer, the XE will be noticed and consumers start looking toward this Jag?

Old 09-24-2016, 01:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

F Pace is higher demand IMO, along with Land Rover models. It's going to take some time for buyers to warm up to the XE. Perhaps over next summer, the XE will be noticed and consumers start looking toward this Jag?
The F Pace I feel will always overshadow the XE since crossover/compact SUVs are "the thing" nowadays. But I think once reviews come out and the XE starts slipping more and more into the mainstream, it's going to be one hell of a competitor in the entry-level luxury class. Matter of fact, I've seen a fair few people on the internet already chatting up how they're looking into a new XE over the 3 series and C-Class. I'm trying to convert as many of them as possible

Quick Reply: Any discounts off MSRP when you bought your XE?