XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Can't open trunk

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't open trunk

Hello!

My car didnt want start ealier today so i disconnected the battery to try and make the computer in the car "run dry". I accidentaly closed the trunk while the battery was disconnected. There for I can't get in the trunk, can't lock the car and I cant start the engine.

Does anyone know a way for me to get in the trunk? All help would be appriciated!

Old 08-28-2017, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My trunk mechanics failed me one time, which wouldnt open with neither the button on the boot, key fob nor the boot button in the car. Sent the car in for checks with the dealer and they had mentioned that there is no way of opening the trunk from the outside.

If you have the fold down seats, you can use your physical key to get into the car and access the boot from within. It seems like the only way for now.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:05 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Yes, that's the physical way to do it. Apparently only the US market cars have that luminous emergency release handle in the trunk---and as long as you haven't tightly secured the fold-down rear seat, your neighbor's wiggly 12 year old can work his way to the trunk handle and open it for you.

IF you HAVE tightly secured the fold-down seats (Jaguar's Valet-conscious design won't allow you to pull the seats down from inside the cabin)... then you'll have to use the steps from this forum link:

https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic...24ab6e130155a2

It involves connecting an outside car battery to your Jaguar, to energize it long enough to instruct your electronic latches to open.

Don't worry. LOADS of owners have made the battery-disconnect trunk mistake.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Received 333 Likes on 201 Posts

Once you got the trunk open, consider running some kind of backup wire from the emergency trunk handle to the rear seat area that you can easily pull precisely for this type of situation. Terrible design as far as I am concerned.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As with above, you're gonna have to get in from the inside and open it!

Old 09-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

As mentioned already, just boost the car with another car/battery, from the boosting ports under the hood.
A battery charger with, possibly with a boost engine start function would likely work too.
Lawrence.