XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Considering leasing a 2017 XE 25t

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I drive the same road as I have driven every car I owned, but these Pirelli's are very fragile tires and my girlfriend just scrapped a wheel that will need to be touched up on our next visit. So between the wheels and tires; get the coverage.

If I didn't own this XE, I would say the policy is crazy as I never had this issue on any previous car, but this has been the best insurance policy I ever bought!

Old 08-21-2017, 09:25 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I blew a tire and damaged the rim the second week I owned my XE. I was very glad I had purchased the insurance. I have now had the car a year, with 5000 miles now on it, and I have not had any further issues with the tires.

Admittedly, I have been driving less aggressively, for fear of further tire problems.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will like the car but you need to figure out a way to get more millage on your lease because you will drive it more often than you think ...... I added more miles on mine and ended up with around $326 payment 5k down and got 5K incentive from jaguar this was 9 month ago not sure what they are offering now though .

Old 08-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

My girlfriend has taken over the XE. She keeps it in Economy mode and uses it for work.

Her Volvo is over the lease mileage, so I thought "why not just take mine since I don't drive anywhere..."

I am taking delivery of another car this week and I'll probably only drive the Volvo when I need more space than my new car allows... 25 cents a mile makes you think twice on racking up additional miles. Her lease doesn't end until Feb :-(

Old 08-21-2017, 04:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, the deal I was trying to make with my local dealer fell apart, so now I'm trying to make a deal with a few other PA and MD dealers. I don't mind driving a few hours to get the deal I want. It's amazing though the huge difference in quotes I'm getting from different dealers on the same exact car!

Old 08-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member

You're best served by going for a car on the lot; is that what you are doing?

Old 08-21-2017, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
You're best served by going for a car on the lot; is that what you are doing?

Oh yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'm ready to buy, like today.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by oldpunk
Oh yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'm ready to buy, like today.
Not ordering a car? I wanted to order, but my 2nd or 3rd favorite color was in the showroom and they could deal on it. There is also something to be said about the end of the month...

Old 08-23-2017, 01:25 PM

Okay, so here's the best offer I've gotten so far:

20d base with cold weather package (heated seats, steering wheel, etc), Nav, rear camera
33 mo/10k mile lease
$3000 down
$250 per month
Includes tax/tags/fees
This seems to be the best deal I've seen yet. It's silver with black interior, which is a great combo, but the wheels are pretty ugly. I didn't really want a diesel, and I've been hesitant about the base model because I'm just afraid I'll regret not getting more bells and whistles.

The other deal I was considering before this was from another dealer:
25t Premium "service loaner" (it has about 8k miles on it) - Nav, Sat, 18" wheels
$3500 down
$345 per month
Includes tax/tags
It's "ammonite grey", which looks kind of a dark grey

Which do you think is the better deal? I know it's tough to compare because one is a base and one is a Premium.

Also, don't they all come with Nav and Sat regardless of trim levels? Why do the dealers highlight that like it's something extra they're throwing in?

So as you can see, I'm very budget conscious, sticking with whatever they have on the lot. The service loaner option seems like a way to save some money. I'm trying to keep it around $3k down and $300 per month

Thoughts on the above two deals? Also, what are your thoughts on leasing a service loaner? It makes me a tiny bit nervous because when I hear "loaner" I immediately think of burnouts, donuts, etc, lol.

Thanks again!

Last edited by oldpunk; 08-23-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

Okay, so here's the best doffer I've gotten so far:

20d base with cold weather package (heated seats, steering wheel, etc), Nav, rear camera
33 mo/10k mile lease
$3000 down
$250 per month
Includes tax/tags/fees
This seems to be the best deal I've seen yet. It's silver with black interior, which is a great combo, but the wheels are pretty ugly. I didn't really want a diesel, and I've been hesitant about the base model because I'm just afraid I'll regret not getting more bells and whistles.

25t Premium "service loaner" (it has about 8k miles on it) - Nav, Sat, 18" wheels
$3500 down
$345 per month
Includes tax/tags

Which do you think is the better deal? I know it's tough to compare because one is a base and one is a Premium.

Also, don't they all come with Nav and Sat regardless of trim levels? Why do the dealers highlight that like it's something extra they're throwing in?

So as you can see, I'm very budget conscious, sticking with whatever they have on the lot. The service loaner option seems like a way to save some money. I'm trying to keep it around $3k down and $300 per month

Thoughts on the above two deals? Also, what are your thoughts on leasing a service loaner? It makes me a tiny bit nervous because when I hear "loaner" I immediately think of burnouts, donuts, etc, lol.

Thanks again!
I wouldn't worry on the burnout's and donuts due to being a loaner. Think of the people who would be using this as a loaner; all JLR owners of new cars in for service. Plus, you are leasing it, so you don't own the car in the long run. I would not buy a diesel unless in Europe. The lower spec XE's look pretty lower spec FWIW. XE is already at the bottom of the product portfolio so I think it's worth getting as equipped as possible.

Can you look nationally for a car to lease? Out of the two, the service loaner sounds nicer as long as your are fine with the condition of it.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I would go with #1 option.

I had F-PAce with the same diesel as a service loaner and I thought it was a great little engine. It obviously did not have enough power for SUV like F-Pace but it had decent midrange through town and I got 34-35mph on the highway.

250$ all included is not a bad deal for a brand new car. That diesel in XE will feel much better. Maybe you can ask them to do 225$ per month if possible?

I would not recommend service loaners. Who knows how much abuse they got. It is like buying a rental car.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:29 AM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, so here's the best offer I've gotten so far:

33 mo/10k mile lease
$3000 down
$250 per month
Includes tax/tags/fees

$3500 down
$345 per month
Includes tax/tags

Thanks again!
Nav and Sat. Radio are not standard on the base models, nor is the rearview camera. Wheels can always be changed. The monthly price for the diesel is not that bad.

The price for the loaner however is a very bad deal in my perspective. The car has 8k miles on it... What is the selling price and MSRP on that car? For that many miles you need to shoot for at least 15% off MSRP. I leased my car and got 10% off and it had virtually no miles on it.

Does the 25t have any other packages on it? I built it out on Jaguar USA and the MSRP is $41,210. The monthly price on your car without the downpayment is $442 per month. That is ridiculously overpriced for a loaner. Always shoot for 1% of msrp "true price" for a lease monthly payment. And for a loaner you should get even more.

Both the premium and the base are quite bland, especially if the premium does not have the vision package which adds quite a few things. If price is the ultimate factor I would not fret over getting the diesel which at least looks like includes the cold climate pack.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:19 AM

Thanks for all your advice everyone! It was extremely helpful

So I did it! I wound up leasing one yesterday at what I thought was a pretty damn good deal. I got a brand new (no service loaner) 2017 XE 25t Premium RWD with cold weather package, SAT, NAV, back up camera, for $250 per month and $3000 down on a 33 month/10k mile lease

I think I got a great deal! I went to a couple other dealers and nobody else could come close. They did upsell me on some protection package that covers brakes, battery, dents, etc for an additional grand or so, which brought my monthly to $299, but I still managed to keep it under $300 per month, which was my goal.

Anyway, I freaking love this car!!! I ended up getting a blue one, which even though I was dead set on white, black or grey, I saw a blue R-sport the show room and it just looked so sporty to me, so I asked and it turns out they had the same color in a 25t Premium. When they initially offered it to me I thought it was a base at first, and then when I found out it was a Premium, I couldn't say yes fast enough!

By the way, I did test drive the diesel first, and I hated it. It had so much lag and hesitation when you pressed the gas pedal, I had to press the pedal half way down and even then it felt like a full second before the car did anything- not responsive at all.

So thanks again! I'll start a new thread with some pictures and new questions. Let me know if anyone wants to buy an X-Type, lol

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Glad it worked to your ideal!

Show off some pictures!

Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Love this thread, it's very much in line with what I have been considering lately as well. I currently own a 2004 XJR with 84k miles on it, have done some work in the past year and a half since I've owned it (replaced shocks, tires, flushed transmission fluid/replaced pan for $1k, parking brake; all the usual suspects). I am back to school full time, and a major repair would just kill me.

I have looked at essentially the same offers as you oldpunk. Our dealership here in Vegas has the national offer, and their offer for a 25t XE at 36 months, $199 per month, $3k down (which I'm assuming does not cover any fees), but only 7,500 miles per year. Assuming the overage is the same on mileage at $.30 per mile, that would come out to an extra $2,250 for 10,000 miles per year over the life of the lease, or ~$60 per month, which is on par with the National Jaguar deal of $269 per month, $3,995 total due at signing, 10k miles per year. I have also seen the 35t for $289 per month with $4,995 due at signing.

I too never signed up to be a JCNA member until just now, which I'm kicking myself over. I am hoping the brand loyalty can translate even a little bit into $$$, and hoping I can get about $7k for my trade in. Any other pieces of advice for negotiation?

Old 09-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nvm this is an older post

Old 09-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Okay, so I was a little off before. Here is what my local dealer is offering me. Please tell my what you think:

2017 XE 35t Premium RWD in white with tan interior with 3940 miles (service loaner)

Down payment = $3000 (includes tax/tags)
Monthly payment = $381

What do you think about this deal? I believe the MSRP is $34,883. If I'm not mistaken here is the exact car. Is this a good deal??? New 2017 Jaguar XE For Sale | Wilmington DE

Another dealer is offering me a 20d base model with cold weather package for $3500 down and $350 monthly payment. I don't think I want a diesel though, and I definitely don't want a base model.

Honestly, I'd rather have the 35t Premium, but I really want a payment closer to $300 per month. I'm thinking of going to the dealer again tomorrow morning to try and negotiate the deal a little. What angle to you think I should take? I'm wondering if they can throw in any other kind of discount. I'm thinking there may be some more wiggle room since the 2018s are coming out soon and this configuration doesn't seem to be their best seller. Plus with already having 3k miles, I'm sure they just want to get it off the lot.

I looked at the JCNA, and it says I would need to be a member for 6 months before being eligible for the discount. I'm looking to buy within the next week.

Thanks!
I think you mean $43,883 MSRP.

Remember, don't get tripped up by the word lease. The dealer is still selling the car. They are just selling it to the leasing company. Negotiate that exact same way as if you were buying it. The cheaper the negotiated price, the cheaper the lease. I would go to True Car or Edmunds and such and make sure you know of all the factory incentives and invoice and go from there. The residual should be set by the manufacturer and the money factor should be low to non existent on a MY2017 sedan.
It's a great time to "aquire" a sedan with the popularity of SUV's and such.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by suiteddeuces
Assuming the overage is the same on mileage at $.30 per mile, that would come out to an extra $2,250 for 10,000 miles per year over the life of the lease, or ~$60 per month, which is on par with the National Jaguar deal of $269 per month, $3,995 total due at signing, 10k miles per year. I have also seen the 35t for $289 per month with $4,995 due at signing.
You may get some current owner cash rebate and be able to pre-pay the additional miles at a reduced rate.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:20 PM

Hi All,

First Time Jaguar Owner, coming from Audi.
Loving the ride so far. except hating the Front Windshield which has heated elements - very distracting black squiggly lines- wish I had noticed those before.

Anyways, This is the Deal I Got - hope it helps anyone looking to lease.

10,000Miles, 33 Months @$400 a month - tax included with Zero Down (Actually I did pay $1000 towards, Tax, DMV & First month lease)

The Model is XE 25T RWD Prestige with The Tech Package - which gives the full HD Touch Screen, Comfort & Convenience Package which apparently has Cooled Seats as well , with Electronic Rear Shade & Rear Heated Seats.

Also had some other features - all I know it is fully loaded with all options added.
MSRP Sticker is $51,000

Thanks all.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:25 PM

Spec Sheet Attached...