XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

displaying clock on info display?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts
Default displaying clock on info display?

car: '17 XE Premium w/upgraded electronics package, US market.

I can't find where to set the display in the menus to show a clock in the space between the temp and fuel indication. I can display the logo, trip info, but that seems to be it.

Can't believe that there isn't a way to display a clock face...handy to have. Anyone figure this out or is it hidden somewhere else? Guidance really appreciated; TIA.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:24 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

You are right, there is not clock option

You can either do music/radio, Jaguar logo, or 4 way split view of various metrics. (I use that)

However, you can set the clock underneath the fuel gauge.
while you are in the info menu, press the top silver round button on your right indicator stalk. If will switch between the date, driving style, fuel economy and time. This way you can get it to display digital time.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

A big fail on Jaguar... That's the main thing people want to see right there... My girlfriend actually commented on this other day, "why isn't the time in the gauges cluster like it was on our other Jags..."

There are a few items which Jaguar got so wrong on this car. We should start a thread of the simple gripes we have (and hopefully they are reading this).

Old 04-17-2017, 06:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
A big fail on Jaguar... That's the main thing people want to see right there... My girlfriend actually commented on this other day, "why isn't the time in the gauges cluster like it was on our other Jags..."

There are a few items which Jaguar got so wrong on this car. We should start a thread of the simple gripes we have (and hopefully they are reading this).
I agree also, big fail. I am making a win/fail thread soon on the XE to see other thoughts everyone has on the final product as well.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I agree also, big fail. I am making a win/fail thread soon on the XE to see other thoughts everyone has on the final product as well.
I don't think this fail is XE specific as its infotainment system is shared across the line.

But for me personally it is not a problem. I see the clock in the upper left corner of the middle instrument screen (between the speedo and a tachometer) and also on the infotainment screen. Granted neither of them show the clock face, but it's enough nevertheless. Again, IMO

Old 04-17-2017, 09:30 AM
Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

If, in fact, this is across the lines (which I think it is...); then a software upgrade would be a quick and dirty way of rolling it out (considering that they have to be working on the bluetooth pairing issue, too...maybe not...may be a case of what you see is what you get) and putting something back in that was even in my old XF...not to mention having a nice analog clock center dash in my XJs. Not a 'Big Fail' all things considered, but one of those things which is a little annoying (especially since the diagram in the owner's manual shows an analog clock face in the display) when you've spent close to 60K for a high performance luxury car...