XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Galaxy S8+ and Jaguar InControl Apps Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Galaxy S8+ and Jaguar InControl Apps Compatibility

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering whether any Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ users out there have had any experience with or have successfully troubleshooted compatibility issues with Jaguar's InControl Apps. I can download the "InControl Apps " app from Play Store and install it on my S8+ with no problems. However, when I connect my S8+ to the car's USB port, InControl recognizes my phone and the apps pop-up on my car's screen, but only briefly. The connection then just continually cycles through a connected-unconnected process. I have tried changing the lock screen/display shut off settings but that didnt seem to help.

Thanks!

Old 07-17-2017, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

With my long talks with engineers at JLR the outcome was that the S8+, iPhone 7, etc are not approved for use. They say it is only compatible with older software versions and not the latest versions which I find silly. They basically just mixed me off a few months back with everything related to Bluetooth.

Same goes for the remote app not working, they blame it on the network and not the app or their servers which again I find silly as the car is in a 3G area and my phone has full signal bars as per the UI on the car and the phone.

Anyone know if the Jaguar RERUN app works on the XE as I see it seems to work but I don't have the proper GoPro camera for it but the rest seems to work. The F-Type guys say the XE won't work but it looks like it might.

The following users liked this post:
jag009 (11-02-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

So I have been considering upgrading my phone to the new Galaxy 8 and wondered if the basic functionality works, things like the bluetooth connecting, making and receiving phone calls and text?
NOT really that concerned about the 'InControl Apps" as long as the basics function correctly.
Should I make the switch to the S8 ???

Old 06-22-2018, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 196 Posts

I have an S6 Edge, and the apps work with my F-Type [my 2019, 2 liter engine ]. But today I wanted to install the ReRun App.. .. its GONE !
No longer available in the appstore... First the history about not having the hotspot, then no SSD capacity for music [ market dependant ],
now this... =JAGUAR

Old 10-11-2019, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like incontrol apps is looking to become discontinued slowly, as JLR are moving towards android auto and apple car play on the latest version incontrol duo.. Which leaves anyone using the incontrol touch 2014-2016 out of action..

Check this upgrade out..