XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

I have had my XE for. Ahead niw

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I have had my XE for. Ahead niw

Very satisfied with the car so far. One of the springs on the wind deflector fell out but other than that no issues. 13,500 miles and like the car a lot. I will be scheduling an appointment for this week so I can get a loaner. Removed my VAP ECU tune in preparation.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Cheers. We've had my wife's since November 2015, it now has about 12,000km on it. Beautiful car to drive, no issues at all.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I am also very happy with the car. No issues so far, 13,000 miles on it. Will be bringing it for the first service in a week.

It definitely has its quirks and compromises but overall it is a true sports sedan. Every time I drive it aggressively, it just gives me a lot of joy. There are a lot of "sports cars" that have much less composed suspension and chassis balance.

You get in the sharp corner, point the nose with the brakes and you can feel the balance right there. Even without the fancy E-diff or LSD you can feel the back rotating. You take your foot off the gas mid corner and the nose comes in towards the apex. You floor it at the exit and can feel the power being shifted to different wheels. I'm sure the torque vectoring helps but the whole car feels balanced and composed regardless

As for reliability, we just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Demetre Gvaramia; 06-12-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

10'000 km driven, nothing to complain about - just pure driving fun!

Old 06-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Been a solid mechanically car so far (5.6K miles). I don't like some of Jaguar's implementations on a few things.

- If it's 90F outside and I press the seat icon for heat/cool. It should default to cool, not hot. Just as it's -20 out, the seat heaters should just come on automatically. Ideally, the cooling should come on by default.

- I don't have SIM and don't want to be prompted to login (NAV) when it's not going to work. Just disable that feature if you don't want/use it.

There are a few others, but those three are the biggest.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

my missus has messaged me twice today to say "I love my car" (she has the XE as a daily driver). She has been stuck teaching my daughter in the MiTo, which has given her even more appreciation for driving the XE...

Old 06-29-2017, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Been a solid mechanically car so far (5.6K miles). I don't like some of Jaguar's implementations on a few things.

- If it's 90F outside and I press the seat icon for heat/cool. It should default to cool, not hot. Just as it's -20 out, the seat heaters should just come on automatically. Ideally, the cooling should come on by default.

- I don't have SIM and don't want to be prompted to login (NAV) when it's not going to work. Just disable that feature if you don't want/use it.

There are a few others, but those three are the biggest.
FYI, all the new Jags that don't have the ITCP all default to 0 unlike ours that default to high heat no matter what the climate is.

I hate when I remote start my XE and have it set to 65 degrees because its 90 degrees out and my heated seat is always set to high heat. Drives me nuts.

NOTE: Anyone notice there is no auto dim for the ICTP, Cluster, HUD? Seems like you have to set the brightness every time day and night comes around unless I am missing something here?

Old 07-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

My car default setting is the 0 mode.