XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

InControl Update now no HD Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 04:02 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default InControl Update now no HD Radio

I brought my 2017 Jaguar XE into the dealership so they could update the software of the infotainment system. This is for the InControl Touch, not the InControl Touch Plus or Pro. It is the NLI Head Unit C according to TOPIX.

Since bringing it in, my HD Radio is no longer available. At first I figured I would be able to find a setting to turn it back on, but the Media Settings Button for Radio is now grayed out. I pressed the Source button for a long time while in FM Radio Mode which brought up a systems menu. It shows "HD Radio 0".

I imagine it should be "HD Radio 1" and it would be restored. Unfortunately, this system menu seems to be read only. I am unable to change any of the information it is showing me.

Anyone run across this or had success with an answer?

Old 05-07-2019, 12:32 PM

I have a dealer appointment this Thursday, this time with the promise of a loaner car. Last time they left me stranded! Does anyone think maybe something like disconnecting the battery, holding the terminals together to reset and reconnect might reset the radio to factory settings?

I'd love to be able to dodge the dealership appointment and begin on my car audio upgrades. They also don't seem to understand about CCF files, or things like that.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:48 AM

They took the car in. I showed them the greyed out Radio settings and then the HD Radio 0 in the service menu. I advised that it was most likely an error in the CCF. I asked if this model used Pathfinder or SDD, and he said he thought it was Pathfinder. He also stated I might have to live without HD Radio, which is a non-starter. They broke it and they better darn well fix it. I advised them that in SDD items like this can be enabled or disabled by editing the CCF. I also let him know my understanding that in Pathfinder the whole CCF must be updated though the file as a whole can be programmed and flashed. The 2017 is on the cusp of the switch from SDD to Pathfinder, but it's not listed on the vehicles under Pathfinder software, only 2018 and up are. That being said, my understanding is it operates under the Bosch DOIP system.

So, I gave it all my best. We will see if any of that info makes it back to the actual tech, and hope they fix it. My loaner car is a 2019 XE with the NGI Receiver and InControl Plus, still with 380W "Meridian" system. That is so much better than my interface, but I know it's not feasible to upgrade all the changed parts.

Last edited by billqs; 05-09-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:31 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,064 Likes on 1,369 Posts

That sucks. I just had my 2018 with ICTP updated, and got CarPlay/Android Auto too. The look is very different, but it all seems to work, though I haven't used CarPlay much yet.

The following users liked this post:
billqs (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 05:13 PM

Yeah, to rub salt into my wound, my loaner car has ICTP. Latest report is that they have no idea how they turned off my HD Radio and have not yet figured out how to turn it back on. Wish I could get CarPlay, but honestly, the built in apps do well enough for my iphone, and I'm changing up to an LG V30 where I'll just be putting out hi res audio directly into the aux, so I'm not sure if Android Audio would be able to help me either.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:41 PM

Well I got the car back today, with HD Radio. The dealership claimed there was a way to choose it from the systems menu (not the hidden one). I agreed it was there now, but it was greyed after the first time they upgraded the software. But it's working! It was a different experience driving the 2019 XE with the ICT Plus. Although I really like the display, I now believe that one of the Chinese drop-in stereos that have come out this year would probably do about as good.