XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Jaguar XE Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XE Pricing

All, I'm considering buying my first Jaguar. I'm currently in a BMW lease and have 6 payments left. I'm wondering what's typical for a negotiated percentage off of MSRP? I've seen folks in the forum talk about 15% - 20% off - is that typical?

Old 08-31-2017, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Lukin17
All, I'm considering buying my first Jaguar. I'm currently in a BMW lease and have 6 payments left. I'm wondering what's typical for a negotiated percentage off of MSRP? I've seen folks in the forum talk about 15% - 20% off - is that typical?
I don't think you'll even get 10% off unless it's on the lot and hasn't moved in 30+ days.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was able to lease my 35T for 6k+ off sticker price but it hadn't sold in 5 months.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Penske recently (within the last year or so) just bought the Prestige Jaguar dealership - now called "Paramus Jaguar". I noted you're in New Jersey. I've been getting e-mails from them weekly with them leasing service loaners for huge discounts. Check out their website. Jaguar Paramus | Jaguar and Pre-Owned Dealer in Paramus, NJ

Old 09-01-2017, 01:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I leased mine from Prestige Jaguar in Paramus now called Penske Jaguar. The deals they are posting now seem to be better then in the past but I got quite a bit money off price matching to a dealer in PA.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Picked my 35T up Wednesday. My lease was 6K off sticker and I was given a check to pay off the remaining 5 months balance on my Cadillac ATS lease ($2600)

Old 09-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I cannot say that I have heard many common remarks that buyers obtained 15 ~ 20% off MSRP. I can say that 10% is obtainable based on the model and of course it is on the lot. In my personal experience I orders my XE S and got nearly 8.5% off MSRP which ended up to be about $200 over invoice, so not too bad.

Glad I got my XE S when I did as I see all of the V6's are under a product delay of some sort. My dealer confirmed this today when I stopped by for a wash.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:40 AM

Thanks for all of the replies. Sounds like invoice is a good target. It's interesting to see that one dealer paid off the remainder of the Cadillac lease, as that's the exact situation I would be in with BMW. It's at least worth a conversation with the dealer.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:09 PM

Lunkin

I would highly recommend speaking to all dealers in your area and let them fight for your business. In the end choose the best suited to your location, needs, and most importantly service.

My dealer offers top notch, no BS service with straight forward explanations. That and I worked with them to get free top level car washes for live of my vehicle (Inside and out). I am there every Friday like clock work. They do the outside, vacuum, inside surfaces, door jams, and all the windows. Great perk considering your buying a $50k vehicle.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:33 PM

Thanks Shagman. I took your advice I sent my build to 5 dealers in my area.

FYI, I went to the dealer closest to me yesterday and they were only willing to come down 3% off of MSRP. Hopefully I'll see some better deals from the other dealers.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you think rhey will negotiate if the car needs to be ordered? No one near me offers any cars with options that are desirable. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:05 PM

Byrus- My dealer was surely able to negotiate the pricing on an ordered vehicle. I'm sure they offer better pricing on lot vehicles, especially 2017 models.

In my experience in the Chicago area there were a few dealers that would negotiate, and others that played the same old games. That said the dealers that did not work with me worked with others here in the forums. My approach was simple, I did my homework and went in with a plan. I stated from the start I wanted a no BS price and wanted to the get the deal done quickly. In the end my dealer was fair, up front, and offered a fair price.

If you want more details please PM me and I will give more details.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagman25
Byrus- My dealer was surely able to negotiate the pricing on an ordered vehicle. I'm sure they offer better pricing on lot vehicles, especially 2017 models.

In my experience in the Chicago area there were a few dealers that would negotiate, and others that played the same old games. That said the dealers that did not work with me worked with others here in the forums. My approach was simple, I did my homework and went in with a plan. I stated from the start I wanted a no BS price and wanted to the get the deal done quickly. In the end my dealer was fair, up front, and offered a fair price.

If you want more details please PM me and I will give more details.
I am sure you have been labeled as " that customer" if you go in for a free car wash every Friday.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:39 PM

****, sent you a pm. Thanks!

Old 09-03-2017, 07:14 PM

JgaXkr - The washes are included with the purchase of the car from this dealership. The level of wash depends on your car purchases along with how you service the car. That and this group sells Jags, RR, BMW, MB, Infiniti, Cadillac, Honda, and Infiniti and offer similar deals to all of the higher end builders.

I highly doubt that I am deemed 'That Customer' as see my sales person and the district manager on a regular basis during my wash visits. As I am in sales myself this is a very nice PR move indeed. Very nice people before, during, and after the sale. Really nice to see this level of service from a dealer. In fact they offer all of the senior staff's cell phone numbers and state to text them whenever you have a question of issue. The service manager sometimes texts me out of the blue with a pending software update.

I guess it really comes done to your area and your dealer. It caught me off guard as I am very reserved when it comes to car dealers as I have dealt with some real winners in the past. In any case if I am indeed 'That Customer', my response is would be you don't get what you don't ask for and the squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

Best

Old 09-05-2017, 11:52 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by Lukin17
I got 10% off of mine and I believe you should get at least that or more if it is a 2017 since the 2018 models are out.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just leased a 2017 BRG AWD 35T prestige on June 27. I'm in SLC, UT. I mention this because I think the region is more important than most realize. I live in a cold weather area where big families preside, so everyone buys big SUV's and performance SUV's. It's a great area to find a decent deal on a small premium sedan. If I were shopping an F Pace, I don't think I could have touched a whole heck of a lot off MSRP. Maybe 3-5%

2017 BRG XE 35TAWD
MSRP was $55,330

Selling price was $48,600 minus $1000.00 in rebates bringing the total to $47,600. on top of this I had $539.92 in fees that included doc and tax, title, license.

This price also included the $795.00 acquisition fee, so if I were outright purchasing the car instead of leasing, the total selling price would have been $46,805 plus tax, title and license

I suppose I could have tried to do better by leaving and threatening to go to the Benz dealer, but I think it was a fair and I don't think I could have done crazy substantially better even if I had. You guys agree this is decent?

Hopefully this helps in establishing a baseline. Good luck, I love my Jag. I love not having the same car as everyone else, I get more compliments than you can imagine.

Last edited by guppydriver; 09-05-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:35 PM

That looks like a really good deal. I've started to get some quotes back from local dealers and most of the discounts are between $2000 - $2500. I may start looking at dealer inventories for XE 35T R-Sport to see if I can find a good deal there.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by guppydriver
I just leased a 2017 BRG AWD 35T prestige on June 27. I'm in SLC, UT. I mention this because I think the region is more important than most realize. I live in a cold weather area where big families preside, so everyone buys big SUV's and performance SUV's. It's a great area to find a decent deal on a small premium sedan. If I were shopping an F Pace, I don't think I could have touched a whole heck of a lot off MSRP. Maybe 3-5%

2017 BRG XE 35TAWD
MSRP was $55,330

Selling price was $48,600 minus $1000.00 in rebates bringing the total to $47,600. on top of this I had $539.92 in fees that included doc and tax, title, license.

This price also included the $795.00 acquisition fee, so if I were outright purchasing the car instead of leasing, the total selling price would have been $46,805 plus tax, title and license

I suppose I could have tried to do better by leaving and threatening to go to the Benz dealer, but I think it was a fair and I don't think I could have done crazy substantially better even if I had. You guys agree this is decent?

Hopefully this helps in establishing a baseline. Good luck, I love my Jag. I love not having the same car as everyone else, I get more compliments than you can imagine.
The F-Pace deals are far worst everywhere, regardless of location. I doubt this has anything to do with locale, more with the dealer. I would say the season has a lot more to do with it.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Angry

I've had 3 different dealerships in the Midwest waste my time telling me they'll work out a deal price for me...to come back with MSRP a day or so later.

What I'm looking for..

2018 - 2L Turbo XE AWD with Premium trim. Blue or Red colors.
Cold weather, Vision, Nav, SiriusXM.
It's like a $46,500 build on JaguarUSA.