XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Many Trips to the Dealer, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by cory2081
South Carolina. I spoke to an attorney I know and he said he didn't think it met the lemon law because the car was a service loaner before I bought it. The law reads it must be a new car that was only used for test drives. So, it falls into a gray area. It wasn't the dealer that decided this, it was Jaguar Corporate. If this is their idea of quality they need to stop building cars. As much as I love this car the quality of interior and chassis is terrible.
Is there a government body that deals with this like the Attorney General? What does the AG say on this? I would keep up the fight for a new car.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have a few minor creaks, but OK considering the 19 inch wheels and handling.
I don't think there's any hope of a new replacement - you essentially bought a second-hand car.
However maybe the dealer would be open to switch yours for another used car from his stock ? I guess that depends on how big the dealer is.

Good luck

Old 12-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keith100
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have a few minor creaks, but OK considering the 19 inch wheels and handling.
I don't think there's any hope of a new replacement - you essentially bought a second-hand car.
However maybe the dealer would be open to switch yours for another used car from his stock ? I guess that depends on how big the dealer is.

Good luck
Technically the car was new, not really any different than buying a "Demo" car, it still financed as new and still had the factory warranty. I wouldn't call my creaks and rattles minor at all, the doors sound like they are going to fall off and the headliner sounds like someone is tap dancing on the roof. For a car that is supposed to be a "Luxury" brand I've seen better quality in a Kia!! I'm really disappointed, I was hoping I'd have this car for years to come and upgrade to an XE-S in a couple of years, but I'm afraid that is not going to happen. As soon as I can get the depreciation on this thing paid down it's gonna be gone. I was hoping that Jaguar would do the right thing and replace it, but since they did not they basically are telling me that they are ok with building cars of poor quality, which means I will not be shopping for another Jag. This weekend I started getting "Start Stop Button Malfunction" messages, not sure what that is all about but it may be going back to the dealer yet again. Yay!