XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Meridian Sound System concern

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meridian Sound System concern

I am a new owner of a 2017 Jaguar XE 25t Premium CPO as of last week and really enjoying it. In getting to know the vehicle, I have found the Meridian sound system to be rather lacking with deep tones and noticed the bass beginning to distort mid way on the volume scale (15 and above). I am not into earth-shattering bass, but, for a car claiming to be premium, I would expect better sound quality. Could there be an audio problem? Any troubleshooting steps I can take to better understand what is going on? Or should I take it to the dealership for a check?

Old 11-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe there is an update which improves the sound system. You can go to topix, register, put in your vin and see if there are any outstanding updates for your car.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Bring it back to the dealer.

I am not into car stereos until I got this car. Really amazing job they did; worth every penny option!

Old 11-12-2017, 08:33 AM

I have set up an appointment to get my car looked at this Thursday. Hopefully they can remedy the issue if any.

Byrus - As to looking up outstanding updates, I tried following your directions and can't seem to navigate to to the site you suggested. Are the directions for this forum or some other website?

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I did manage to find, register, and log in to https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix.
However,when I entered my VIN, what came up were what that site called “campaigns,” all but one of which were “USA elite care service.” No further information was provided about the service visits or about any available updates.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I found mine to be the same, lacking in sound. When I had a service done I asked about the update and was told the only update there is for my car was something to do with shocks or suspension. I did find on my own after this that enabling HD audio did improve the audio quality in a big way.
I suggest you check if you have HD station enabled, its just a setting on the radio you can easily set. Basically you get the same stations in HD plus additional stations from what I can see.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:33 PM

This is my update after taking my car to the dealership to diagnose. The tech did some testing and found nothing wrong with the audio system. When I went to pick it up, I asked if I could replicate the condition that caused the distortion. I connected my iPhone with the USB cable and played a track, the bass was weak and easily distorted around 15. He then told me to use Bluetooth only to play music explaining that the USB connection is known to lose signal quality. Bluetooth provides a clean, lossless signal. After switching to Bluetooth, the bass kicked in. The sound was awesome and was very pleased with to system. What a relief! I always assumed that connecting via USB provided the best sound quality. Learned something new today.

Charlie