XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

My new and first Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:50 PM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pab
>I judge a lot of interiors based on their infotainment systems and quality of their navigation screens.

Kids these days... get off my lawn
================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine
I don't judge interiors simply on that, obviously I love a good build quality.

But I don't see any other "kids" my age with a Jag

The following users liked this post:
ololly (05-18-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 08:45 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>I don't see any other "kids" my age with a Jag

Tru dat, we do indeed seem to represent an, ah..., older "demographic".

But just the same, since the end of the X-Type Jaguars have been pretty big (other than XKs and F-Types, but that's a different thing) with nothing to compare against an A4 or 3-Series, two cars definitely aimed at a younger market. XEs correct that.

=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2

Old 05-19-2017, 08:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for all the replies.
I absolutely love the car, love every time I have to go somewhere so I can get to drive it.
Min trying to figure out the best way of utilizing the 800 watt meridian system. I HATE that I have to connect my iPhone with a cable. Absolutely hate it. Yea, I can use Bluetooth, but then there goes the whole technology feature of the car.
anybody find a good solution to this yet?

Old 05-19-2017, 08:56 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by pab
>I don't see any other "kids" my age with a Jag

Tru dat, we do indeed seem to represent an, ah..., older "demographic".

But just the same, since the end of the X-Type Jaguars have been pretty big (other than XKs and F-Types, but that's a different thing) with nothing to compare against an A4 or 3-Series, two cars definitely aimed at a younger market. XEs correct that.
I still think Jaguar has a bit to go to get a younger demographic into their cars, but all of my friends love my XE R-sport.

F-Types are amazing and I think any young lad will want that as a future sport car!

The F-Pace is doing wonders with women who shop around for crossovers, eh and dads alike I suppose.

The XF I drove was very nice, and I wouldn't mind having an XF-S instead of the XE I have.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
The car keeps getting faster and faster as I add miles (at 6k right now). That engine really puts down some power with the supercharger. When I first got the car, I thought the supercharger wasn't as instant as I was anticipating, but it is now!
Its funny you noticed that too , as soon as my car passed 5K last month I noticed that its a very different car , it almost feels as if it was held back then let go , I am wondering if its software programed to do that .

Old 05-20-2017, 08:00 PM
KC-

Originally Posted by JustBlessed
Thanks for all the replies.
I absolutely love the car, love every time I have to go somewhere so I can get to drive it.
Min trying to figure out the best way of utilizing the 800 watt meridian system. I HATE that I have to connect my iPhone with a cable. Absolutely hate it. Yea, I can use Bluetooth, but then there goes the whole technology feature of the car.
anybody find a good solution to this yet?
I use CD's best sound quality overall.

Unfortunately you can really only use Jaguar's incontrol app or bluetooth. Stinks that they have no android auto/apple car play.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default WoW!!

So I could have sworn my car had the 360 view camera but when I couldn't find the option, called my salesman who confirmed I DID NOT HAVE IT, I just accepted that I didn't have it.
Thats until 3 minutes ago when I pulled into my driveway, then put my car in reverse and a whole window appeared on the screen that I've never seen before. ( keep in mind I have been driving this car about a month now). So I was able to touch all the onscreen buttons, and even though they didn't do anything, could it be that I actually DO HAVE THE 360 VIEW CAMERA???
I HAVE A 2017 XE 35t AWD 'FIRST EDITION'.

Thanks everyone.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

There is a hard-drive you can rip media to, but figuring it out and spending time to actually do it is difficult to say the least.

Jaguar should have a removable drive and a desktop application that you helps you load music while maintaining format and naming conventions, etc... Would make the customer actually want to rip media to the drive