XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

My two biggest complaints with my XE. What's yours?

Old 09-18-2018, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by AZBob
1. Why a switch for the heated steering wheel? Put it on when the heated seats are on.
I think that was the way it worked on my Vanden Plan and the steering got too hot when it was not needed.

If the heated/cooled seats defaulted to the expected setting for the weather would be nice. Blistering hot out and car defaults to heated seats...

Old 10-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like many of you have stated -- I also love my XE, but there are a few quirks that I just don't get:

1. Even with factory splash guards installed the paint on my rear wheel flares took a beating. I finally cut and installed some clear protective film but the damage is already done.

2. The clarity of the Meridian system is pretty impressive, but even my half-century old ears want more bass.

3. As many mentioned, the paint seems way too susceptible to scratch marks. Just washing our car I have buggered up the trunk lid twice now.

4. The body door sills and rear door latch areas on the body get way too dirty. I had to come up with a way to wash these areas without spraying water into the interior.

5. The fact that I am unable to operate the climate controls or anything while the screen boots up (sometimes more than a mile down the road) is aggravating. Maybe 1 out of every 4 times it does this.

6. Even when already warmed up, the high idle on startup seems to be prolonged. I try not to drop it into gear until the revs come down, but there are times when I need to go.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by pajeff02
4. The body door sills and rear door latch areas on the body get way too dirty. I had to come up with a way to wash these areas without spraying water into the interior.
The easiest way to wash these areas is use a hose with the end cut off as an attachment instead of a gun or nozzle. Make sure the hose has a close valve on it and open it half way so the is little more than just barely coming out. When the water comes out very lightly you can aim it right on the door jams and sills without getting water into the car. Soap the door jams and sills like you would the rest of the car and then rinse the soap off with the technique mentioned earlier. Open both doors when doing this.

The following users liked this post:
pajeff02 (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prange
You might want to try an iron decon product like Iron X. You spray it on and anywhere there's iron dust/filings and such will turn purple. You then wash it off.

Check out the Autopia Forums, there's alot of info there.
I use Iron X with great results. It should be applied after the car is washed and clean. Use a sponge on the paint after the Iron X is applied and don't let it dry on the car. Your car will smell awful for a couple of days, but that's the way goes with Iron X...

Old 11-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

1. Stop/Start feature defaults to "ON".
2. Fit and finish issues - door window framing doesn't line up correctly, rattle coming from the driver side front door, significant dust already inside instrument cluster (only 14000 miles).

Once on back roads in Dynamic mode, all is forgiven.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:19 PM

I waited through the break in period before rolling the dial over to "S" and pushing the fun button for "Dynamic". Not only was all forgiven... it seemed that all was right in my entire world for that moment in time.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sklimii
Love my XE although would have preferred some wood dash components. Only major gripe is she drives it more than me (she loves it compared to her CLA250) but I'm ok with that as I love driving my XK8 and at least I know when the MB lease is up next year, we will get another Jag in its place
I'm leasing a 2018 35t R-Sport...I was hoping to find one with the wood interior option, which mine has, but after seeing it, I would never suggest anyone pay for it. It's kind of charming around the gear selector, but the bit that runs along the edge of the windshield is basically invisible and utterly pointless. That said, my two complaints:

1. No manual transmission option. I'm undoubtedly in the minority here, but I'd love to have a 6-speed XE.

2. The infotainment system is not only worse than the one in my parents' 2017 Jeep Cherokee, it's literally not on par with the one in my old 2012 VW Golf R.

I'm otherwise very happy with the XE and generally speak very well of it <3

Old 11-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tellcarl
1. No manual transmission option. I'm undoubtedly in the minority here, but I'd love to have a 6-speed XE.
Take a look at the new Genesis G70--it has a manual option. May be sacrilegious to mention it here, but it was in the running when I was shopping for a new car. Lots of tech and at a lower price... but it's not a Jaguar.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by AZBob
Take a look at the new Genesis G70--it has a manual option. May be sacrilegious to mention it here, but it was in the running when I was shopping for a new car. Lots of tech and at a lower price... but it's not a Jaguar.
But it's a Hyundai I'd sooner buy a 10 year old VW or an Audi. Ultimately, I'm happy with the XE and would buy it again. I wonder if Jag would ship one here with 6-speed...

Old 11-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I came *real* close to buying a Genesis G70. Came down to those two. The XE ride/handling compromise is better and it gets better fuel economy but doesn't have the bells 'n whistles of the G70. The XE is also nicer looking with the R-Sport kit - the G70 is nice, just not as nice in my opinion. Jaguar's markup on parts is too high though - add that to the retail markup and parts get expensive in a hurry.

Back on topic, my main gripes:
- The stop/start that defaults to ON still drives me nuts.
- No remote start from the key fob. Smart phone remote start only works when it wants to.
- Infotainment needs to handle mixed albums better and won't create playlists on-the-fly.
- Pack a lunch, put your foot to the floor, and get through half a sandwich before the tranny kicks down.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fretwire
I came *real* close to buying a Genesis G70. Came down to those two. The XE ride/handling compromise is better and it gets better fuel economy but doesn't have the bells 'n whistles of the G70. The XE is also nicer looking with the R-Sport kit - the G70 is nice, just not as nice in my opinion. Jaguar's markup on parts is too high though - add that to the retail markup and parts get expensive in a hurry.

Back on topic, my main gripes:
- The stop/start that defaults to ON still drives me nuts.
- No remote start from the key fob. Smart phone remote start only works when it wants to.
- Infotainment needs to handle mixed albums better and won't create playlists on-the-fly.
- Pack a lunch, put your foot to the floor, and get through half a sandwich before the tranny kicks down.
Re.Your gripes:

-I agree. I also doubt there's a single Jaguar owner who leaves the start/stop on
-Ditto-the smart phone app is a joke
-Infotainment is an embarrassment for Jaguar considering the tech that's in cars costing half as much
-This is why I wish there was a manual option

Old 11-03-2018, 06:08 AM

Just curious if what our XE infotainment system is doing is considered "normal"? On most start ups the screen comes to life fairly quickly, but around 25% of the time the system takes over a mile of driving to boot up during which time I cannot access any HVAC functions. The screen will come on and display the logo for a time, go dark, come back on, and eventually boot up.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

That is not my experience. The screen always comes to life within 15 seconds or so after I touch it.

The following users liked this post:
pajeff02 (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

No issues with ours. Lights right up.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:33 PM

Well... nuts.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:51 PM

Just curious if what our XE infotainment system is doing is considered "normal"? On most start ups the screen comes to life fairly quickly, but around 25% of the time the system takes over a mile of driving to boot up during which time I cannot access any HVAC functions. The screen will come on and display the logo for a time, go dark, come back on, and eventually boot up.
This happened to mine once a couple of months ago. It hasn't happened since so I haven't worried about it. Your car should still be under warranty and the dealership should be able to sort it out for you.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:22 AM

Had it at the dealership a week ago Friday and asked them to check this. Hmm.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:40 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Happens to me occasionally. Also had one hard lockup, where the screen wouldn’t respond to anything. Had to turn off the car, and wait 10 minutes for it to power down, then it was fine. Hopefully, these issues will be resolved when I have the software updated in the spring.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do love my 35T Premium, but as many have stated it isn't perfect. My biggest gripes are:

1. Interior rattles and creaking!!!! Mine has been in the shop for various rattles and creaks, some of which have been fixed, most have not. Going back to dealer AGAIN this week. A car of this "Prestige" should not sound like it's going to fall apart while driving. Hopefully they can fix it all this time. Jaguar Customer service has been great, they're going to check back with me next week to make sure it's fixed this time. Not sure what I'll do if it isn't, if they offer a buy back I can't get another 35T b/c they no longer make them and I'm not driving a 4 cylinder!

2. I have the standard Intouch and it sucks. My previous car (2016 Dodge Charger RT) had a much much better system.

The car is a blast to drive, but these issues are hard to forgive. The car sounds like a creaky old mattress sometimes when cornering, braking or accelerating and the headliner rattles like crazy at times. I'm hoping this isn't the norm!

Old 11-30-2018, 06:10 PM

I made several short trips this afternoon and I swear that my screen turn on delay is happening more frequently now than before. Arghhhh.

Search this Thread