XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

My two biggest complaints with my XE. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 12:21 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I have had exactly the same experience with my 19” all-season Pirellis.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

All four of wheels are bent. Been through about 5 blown, torn, bubbled tires in 3 years.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

My previous car had 19" wheels with Goodyear RS-A2 and then Continental DWS 06 and I never had any problems. My XE has (had) 19s with Pirelli Cinturato P7 and I had a bubble just after Christmas. I replaced all four with Michelin A/S 3+ which so far seem to be much better tires and we'll see how it goes.

The following users liked this post:
AZBob (01-22-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 06:16 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Ask any mechanic at a dealership if they would have the ultra-low profile tires with the big wheels on their own car.

They look at you like you're nuts.

I'm sure its worse where we have real winters and the corresponding pothole - covered roads.

That combination of limited suspension travel, big wheels, high-pressure ultra-low profile tires, and bad roads is a killer.

We got the car last August and blew a tire last week. The wheel/tire insurance is almost a necessity on these cars.

Old 02-24-2023, 09:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree about the door armrest. It was a complaint when I just purchased the car, but now I just don't care. I think I got used to it!

Currently my biggest complaints are:

1. Slow infotainment, without carplay, etc. I'm seriously considering an upgrade.
2. The Premium trim is over the hill. I'm considering passing some matte wraps over the chrome.

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
Austin7 (02-25-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 09:24 PM
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Regarding tires I had a lot of issues with the Pirelli tire's sidewalls. I switched to Michelin and have had no issues since (I am running 19s).
My complaints:
1) No dead pedal
2) I agree the lack of an illuminated volume button drives me crazy on a car of that price range.
3) They used the cheapest of all possible plastics on the visors.

Other missed opportunities are:
Why did they have to use a differing steering wheel mounting than the F-Type (which has a spline)? If they hadn't we could have heated flat bottom steering wheels as an option!
Why couldn't they get rid of the seam in front of the hood and instead run the hood to the grill and seem it there?

All that said, I love this car! and am looking for a shop who will wrap my visors in leather! LOL

Enjoy the drive!

Old 02-27-2023, 11:52 AM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
One thing I just remember I dislike on all JLR cars are the wipers. Get rid of the auto sensing wipers! The intermittent wipers setting are worthless. There's no difference between minimum and maximum... Just use a simple wiper technology and that is all that's needed... Save the money & engineering for something else.
On the XE you can turn off the rain sensing wipers in the Settings. The wiper stalk turning portion then becomes the control for setting the intervals for intermittent wiping, and I've found this works well. I much prefer this to rain sensing wipers which never seemed to work well - sometimes not coming on until I could not see anything through the raindrops and other times scraping over an almost dry screen after a couple of drops of rain fell on it.