XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

No Audio

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts
Angry No Audio

The audio is not working on my car. Does not matter the volume or source. Even the phone does not come out of the audio. Tried starting the car a few times and no change. Pressed mute on/off; made no difference. Any ideas?

Old 05-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Weird...

I am not sure about this but you can try turning the car off, locking it for 1 minute or so and then restarting it.

Does sounds like a trip to Sudbury to me though

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
Weird...

I am not sure about this but you can try turning the car off, locking it for 1 minute or so and then restarting it.

Does sounds like a trip to Sudbury to me though
I have an appointment planned for next week (4th tire in 6K has a bubble). I'll give them a call today if your steps do not work. I lock the car in my garage, so actually after I type this I will check the audio again...

Old 05-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Oh NO!

Hey there, Mosesbotbol---I was hoping never to hear that about any 2017 or 2018 XEs. I have heard it happen with earlier or different models.

I’d like to think it’s a bad/blown fuse linking the amplifier to the speaker system. If you’re still getting bleeps, dinging, and ringing from the parking assist and door-alert devices, then I think your speakers themselves are getting information when they need to.

But your head-unit (apparently the Intouch brain in your dashboard), OR your music amplifier (mysteriously referred to sometimes as “the entertainment unit” by some schematics I’ve seen) may have blown its fuse.

In the 2017 US version XE the fuses for both of these are located in the “main” fuse panel on the righthand side of the luggage boot. There are TWO separate fuses, one for “Audio Unit”, and one for “Entertainment” (why I don’t know).
You’ll need to go through your online owner’s manual to find the diagram showing you which fuse is which device.

If you pull the fuse for the Audio Head Unit, it MAY disconnect you from you InControl gps journey tracking system (that’s the blue and red Assistance buttons over your head in the car). If that happens, you’ll need to log into your Incontrol website, and re-introduce your car all over again to get the website to track your vehicle’s journeys like it used to.

I have not had to pull the fuse for my “Entertainment” fuse yet, so I can’t tell you for certain if pulling it will erase any of your favorite radio presets or base/fade settings. So prepare yourself for the chance that it might happen.

This seems to have solved the problem on some owners I’ve read about.
Even if the fuse “looks fine” to your eye, try replacing it anyway. There are spare fuses in the very same panel you’ll be opening.

…If pulling and inspecting either of these fuses doesn’t solve the problem, then taking it to a dealer for some software diagnoses is what those owners did.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member

Demetre's suggestion worked.