XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Radio and Sirius Favorites Questions. ICT

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio and Sirius Favorites Questions. ICT

Quick question from a newbie with regards to the ICT (base) entertainment system. I'm a read the manual kind of guy, but have to say, this manual leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway..

1. Is there a way to simply clear the favorites (pre sets) once you select them on your FM/AM/XM? I wanted to simply clear them and start over but couldn't figure it out. I had to go to general settings and clear ALL my personal data to do this. I would think there would be a way to simply delete you favorites.

ALSO..

2. Is there a way to cycle through all 18 (three pages of six) of your favorites using your steering wheel button as opposed to it just cycling through the six on the screen that is currently shown? Seems tedious to keep having to use the touch screen to get to the next set of six favorites.

WHILE I GOT YOU....

3. Does anyone know of a setting to have the steering wheel audio controls cycle through individual channels in sequence as opposed to it only cycling through the favorites? I often just want to scan through my XM and FM channels as opposed to the steering wheel only cycling through faves.

Thanks so much in advance.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:35 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Greetings, and it’s nice to finally encounter someone ELSE who is a manual reader like me! I was grinding vigorously through the various XE manuals nearly three weeks before I talked to a dealer about purchasing.
…And sadly you’re right. Jaguar did not put any respectful effort into the manuals, written ones NOR the online ones. TRAGIC!

There is a way to clear the radio’s presets, but it is considered a “manual” method. The audio unit in the instrument panel still operates like sort of a “radio head unit” from our 1980 car player days, so there is a fuse located in the trunk (boot, says Mr James Bond). Pull that fuse, leave it out overnight, and the audio unit’s memory is wiped.

Careful Note: Your manual does show the location of two audio unit related fuses, but doesn’t make clear distinction why TWO fuses. I have pulled ONE of them before, and it not only wiped my sound settings, but also disconnected my GPS link to my “Journeys” tracking website (that little blue light in the console over the driver’s head). I had to go on the website and re-register my vehicle to restore my journey tracking.

Careful Note: I have not tried pulling BOTH fuses, and don’t have any idea if this would affect any of my personal SatNav settings.

I don’t believe there is an option allowing you to flip through the presets via your steering yoke buttons. But I don’t have XM in my car---yours may just have one somewhere.

Scanning stations via your steering yoke buttons is done by selecting something called “enable manual tuning”. I spent my first three months with the car tuning stations manually, until I got tired of using the yoke buttons so much.
Jaguar is a little ambiguous about what they mean by “tuning”. We Americans have grown up with different definitions for “tuning”, “scanning”, “auto-scanning”, etc. I’m not so sure Jaguar agrees, so you’ll need to experiment with that “manual tuning” menu option.

Also note, your ICT screen secretly imitates some of the characteristics of Apples phones and trackpads. You CAN change stations up or down by simply “swiping” a hand or finger left or right across the screen.

Let us know if you accidentally find something new and cool I haven’t found yet. Without an informative manual, word of mouth is the only reliable way for us owners to get educated.