XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Sad day for Black Beauty

Old 09-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joearch
I had a small down with the lease. I will be asking for the down payment loss by the shortened lease and a number of other items from the insurance company of the party that hit me. When I look at the picture and I saw the car with the rear portion taken apart it is still a surprise it is a total loss. My payoff is around $41k and high KBB is $45k.
I was always under the assumption you always lost your cap cost reduction or "down payment" with a lease. Good to know that's not always the case.

Sorry about the wreck. That's a beautiful car but good look with the Alfa.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by guppydriver
I was always under the assumption you always lost your cap cost reduction or "down payment" with a lease. Good to know that's not always the case.

Sorry about the wreck. That's a beautiful car but good look with the Alfa.
Let's wait until the dust settles to see what he gets back. I thought the same with you. Hopefully Joearch will keep us posted how it ended. Plus we need picks of the Alfa.

A new to me Alfa dealership opened and I drove by this morning. Had a nice inventory of Giulia's out front.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Here are a couple of photos. I am very pleased so far. Have not fully settled with insurance yet.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member

Well done, that car is amazing looking! I have seen that paint in person and it pops. Nice wheels with yellow calipers... Very cool. Surprised to see a molded dash, I though it would've been stitched.

Have you owned an Alfa before? Once you have it becomes "always looking for another". The Alfa bug is hard to knock. How does it compare to the XE?

Old 09-19-2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Well done, that car is amazing looking! I have seen that paint in person and it pops. Nice wheels with yellow calipers... Very cool. Surprised to see a molded dash, I though it would've been stitched.

Have you owned an Alfa before? Once you have it becomes "always looking for another". The Alfa bug is hard to knock. How does it compare to the XE?
The paint is very similar to the metallic black on the Jag. The stitched leather dash is an option that I was not able to find paired with the other items I wanted in the car.
First Alfa for me. Much different that the XE R. More go cart like in handling. Feels more nimble. Not as much raw power yet very quick. Alfa uses the same ZF transmission but i like the shifting pattern much better in the Alfa. This car has the Harmon Kardon sound system that sounds great.

More sporty than luxury. The Jag was the opposite. The wheels are a real selling point for me.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

The wheels are a real selling point for me.
Did you get tire/rim insurance? I would if you have not already.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple of photos. I am very pleased so far. Have not fully settled with insurance yet.

Man. Those wheels are choice. That's a pretty car. I never has the cajones to pull the trigger on an Alfa. I thought I was going out on a limb reliability wise with the JLR.

Do me a favor and keep us updated on the insurance thing. I was too lazy to sell my old car so I used it as cap reduction, which I normally would never do.

Enjoy that gorgeous Alfa. That's a head turner. It makes the (at least here) exclusive XE look ubiquitous.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alfa's are notorious for unreliability. At least in the past, good looking car tho. Good luck with it.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by guppydriver
Man. Those wheels are choice. That's a pretty car. I never has the cajones to pull the trigger on an Alfa. I thought I was going out on a limb reliability wise with the JLR.

Do me a favor and keep us updated on the insurance thing. I was too lazy to sell my old car so I used it as cap reduction, which I normally would never do.

Enjoy that gorgeous Alfa. That's a head turner. It makes the (at least here) exclusive XE look ubiquitous.
Been awhile since i checked in here. The insurance settlement was quite nice. They paid off the balance of the lease and i received a check for over $8000. They valued the car close to sticker, which was nice for a year old car.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by daftshadow
Alfa's are notorious for unreliability. At least in the past, good looking car tho. Good luck with it.
I have had the car for 5 months and love it. I have had no issues, in fact less than i did with the Jag. The Alfa is amazing. Remeber what we used to think of Jags 15 years ago. Both company’s seem to be making reliable cars.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,423 Likes on 1,936 Posts

I had a look at a Giulia in the dealer near me, (Mangoletsi in Cheshire). What a beautiful car, and I have to say it knocks the XE into a cocked hat stylewise ! The auto gearbox is the same ZF 8-speeder as the XE.

Maybe, maybe.........

(at one time, if you said you were driving an Alfa, people looked at you as if you should be in a lunatic asylum. That is what Alfa Romeo have to overcome, the perception that the cars are elegant but cr*p)

Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
I had a look at a Giulia in the dealer near me, (Mangoletsi in Cheshire). What a beautiful car, and I have to say it knocks the XE into a cocked hat stylewise ! The auto gearbox is the same ZF 8-speeder as the XE.

Maybe, maybe.........

(at one time, if you said you were driving an Alfa, people looked at you as if you should be in a lunatic asylum. That is what Alfa Romeo have to overcome, the perception that the cars are elegant but cr*p)
The ZF gearbox software seems to be a bit different on the Alfa. Faster more poiitive shifts with the paddles but in sport mode the Jag ran higher RPM’s which i liked.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

The porschesque taillights do look awesome..

Old 02-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Maserati and Alfa seem to get a lot more out of the ZF than Jaguar does.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

The Alfa giuilia doesn’t use the same ZF box as Jaguar does. XE uses 8HP45 for the 4 cylinder engines and 8HP70 for the V6. Alfa uses 8HP50 and 8HP75.

The 8HP75 is newer, 3kg lighter and more efficient, can also take a lot more torque too.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you liking the Giulia how is it different in speed, handling etc? I'm between that and an XE R sport or S

Old 03-03-2018, 07:51 PM

I am loving the Giulia. Best sport sedan I have had. Like it more than the Jag and the Audi S4 which were all fine cars. Starting with the looks, l get constant comments on how beautiful the car looks and i think it is amazing. The handling and performance are ideal for me. I had tune put in the ECU which has the hp around 340+ and a bunch of additional torque. So with the car weigh somewhere around 3500lbs is very well balanced and is quick. For me it is more fun tomdrive than the XER Sport or S4. More nimble, but not as much raw power as the Jag which i also had tuned. I would highly reccomend a test drive.
I Wnr out of my way to get a RWD car this time and am ver pleased with that decision. My car is a Ti with sport and performance package that i would recommend. Best of luck with your decision.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

Alfa came out swinging on both the Stelvio and Giulia!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree! Just a bummer they didn't make an XE S competitor I'm sure stock for stock the jag is way faster no?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:31 PM

The Giulia Ti is quick with 280 hp on 3500 lbs. The XE S V6 is 380 on 3900 lbs. the Jag is faster. The Giulia is more nimble. With the ecu tune the Giulia is a blast.