XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

UNBELIEVABLE update to iNcontrol Pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

You’ll need to update to the latest maps too.

The following users liked this post:
GucciPilot (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 06:47 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GucciPilot
I just purchased and picked up my 2017 XE tonight. I had seen this thread and informed the dealer to perform the updates and the campaigns found in Topix. They said they moved me to 3.0, but I am not seeing the navigation speech commands. Anyone care to help a noob?
Does it look like the pictures in the first post? The older version is a black theme, while the new one is white.

GucciPilot (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ian D
You’ll need to update to the latest maps too.
I’ll have to figure out how to do this. I also need to figure out how to get a faster SD card (I think), but will search the forums later for this.

Originally Posted by alphakinase
Does it look like the pictures in the first post? The older version is a black theme, while the new one is white.
When I picked up the car, I went into settings and changed it to auto. Then the white appeared. I just cannot find the third screen anywhere, or find SMS setting.

I am not able to connect to incontrol, but that may be an email provider problem, and will contact the dealer today to have them change my email address, as I am not able to create an account using my hotmail account.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I’ll have to figure out how to do this. I also need to figure out how to get a faster SD card (I think), but will search the forums later for this.

When I picked up the car, I went into settings and changed it to auto. Then the white appeared. I just cannot find the third screen anywhere, or find SMS setting.

I am not able to connect to incontrol, but that may be an email provider problem, and will contact the dealer today to have them change my email address, as I am not able to create an account using my hotmail account.
Can you keep the black screen if you want? Not sure I will like the white. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 AM

Very easy to update the maps on the Pro, the Pro doesn’t use an SD card, you’ll need a USB 3.0 memory stick with at least 25GB space.

Go to https://jaguar.here.com/ and grab the latest update. I did that and all my navigation voice commands are working!

On the main menu press the double cog icon and select the black/white/auto setting to change to black background which is what I have.

Last edited by Ian D; 03-01-2018 at 10:18 AM.
GucciPilot (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Byrus
Can you keep the black screen if you want? Not sure I will like the white. Thanks.
Yes, you can change it to black, white, or auto.

Very easy to update the maps on the Pro, the Pro doesn’t use an SD card, you’ll need a USB 3.0 memory stick with at least 25GB space.

Go to https://jaguar.here.com/ and grab the latest update. I did that and all my navigation voice commands are working!

On the main menu press the double cog icon and select the black/white/auto setting to change to black background which is what I have.
Oh sweet! Does it have to be USB 3.0 stick, or can it be a 2.0 stick? I was excited to see that it is Here navigation. I have been using that on my phones since it was owned by Nokia (now owned by Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, I think).

Old 03-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh sweet! Does it have to be USB 3.0 stick, or can it be a 2.0 stick? I was excited to see that it is Here navigation. I have been using that on my phones since it was owned by Nokia (now owned by Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, I think).
Thanks. Others have reported problems with 2.0 and I think 3.0 is what's suggested in the manual.

GucciPilot (03-01-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 06:16 AM

HERE is a Dutch company partly owned by Intel, Bosch, Continental, Pioneer, Audi, BMW and Daimler as you mentioned.

Last edited by Ian D; 03-02-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:14 PM

Just performed the maps update. WOW! Between the new incontrol update and the maps update, the system works very well. I’m loving the voice recognition. Oh and I used a USB 2.0 thumbdrive and it worked just fine.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I do not yet have the new update. Are you able to enter destinations by voice? Do you have to input them state first, then city, then street, and then street number, or will the system accept a simple spoken “10 President Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215”?

Old 03-03-2018, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by booklaw1
I do not yet have the new update. Are you able to enter destinations by voice? Do you have to input them state first, then city, then street, and then street number, or will the system accept a simple spoken “10 President Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215”?
I pressed the voice and said Navigate Home, and it took me home. I then tried Navigate Costco, but it then said please say street name etc. So probably. I can check tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:40 AM

You can say for example go to Starbucks and it’ll list all the ones near on the map.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can say for example go to Starbucks and it’ll list all the ones near on the map.
I have updated system and maps and voice control for navigation still doesn’t work. It just acts as if it didn’t hear me and stops.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:52 PM

Strange that, as mine works spot on after I performed the update.

Are the nav commands listed in voice?

Old 03-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Strange that, as mine works spot on after I performed the update.

Are the nav commands listed in voice?
yea, everything shows as if it’s abailable. Just doesn’t respond. Text messages either, BUT, jaguar tech did say right out? The system isn’t compatible with my iPhone X

Old 03-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

That seems odd... iPhone X runs on the exact same OS as the 7 and the 8.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manuals for new InControl Touch Pro

I get the upgrade for my XF next week. Are there any manuals available, either printed or online, for the new system?

Old 03-06-2018, 04:56 PM

Only for the original system, it may get updated in the online manual on the jaguar website in future though.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only for the original system, it may get updated in the online manual on the jaguar website in future though.
Thanks.

Are settings in the old version (radio presets, navigation destinations, phonebook, audio settings, etc.) retained after the upgrade or must they be set again?

Old 03-08-2018, 02:23 PM

All my settings were retained after the update.

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE update to iNcontrol Pro