XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

What made you select the XE over other cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 08:02 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>whenever I see a rare Jaguar (XJ, XE, XF, F-Pace - have yet to see an F-Type in the wild), my head turns.

Whenever a Jaguar arrives, people notice...

================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine

Old 04-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I see F Pace's, daily. White seems to be a popular choice. Not so many F Types in my current locale, but did seem them regularly when I live in Boston (now live in Metro West).

Old 04-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've seen more F-Types lately than F-Paces, which is interesting. Then again I live right outside of NYC where I know a couple of guys with the convertibles. There's someone in my neighboring town with an S.

As far as XE, I've seen about one every week for the last month. Blue, black, silver and sapphire. Gotta say, not a fan of the grey/silver at all.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

For me, the reason was this photo at the "Reveal" campaign a few YEARS ago. Never owned a Jaguar in my life. But saw that one photo, it stuck in my head and, years later, had it's affect:

The profile of the car in this photo.
The emerging lighting, the brick wall around it, like a large animal being led out of a cage on a tight leash by a short trainer.

Oh, and not to forget, the chic. That woman.

Attached Thumbnails What made you select the XE over other cars?-2016-jaguar-xe-sedan-first-official-photograph-company_100474274_h.jpg  
Old 04-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

That photo does nothing for me except the contrast, all I can focus on is that sexy red S model!!!

Old 04-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry for the dark shot. All the good versions of this photo are becoming hard to find now. Here's a little better jpg. STILL not the complet photo I originally saw, but better lit.

Attached Thumbnails What made you select the XE over other cars?-jagemille590px.jpg  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Just Gotta Be Different

Hello All,

I am new to this forum as well as the Jaguar line. This will be my first true performance sedan and I looked high and low for something that is high performance, top quality, and not something you see everyday. This is why I went with the Jag.

I looked at the 340xi, RC350, MKZ, Q60S, all perform well but the Jag just is just better suited to my style and day to day needs. I have been doing my homework and when I saw the 2018 'S' model released, I went for it.

Ordered it today. XE S 380HP / AWD / Technology Package / Premium Paint / Black Package / Lighted Door Plates. Have to wait 12 weeks for production and delivery. Very excited indeed.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Congratulations! I have the 380hp 6 in my F type, it is an awesome engine. Enjoy!

Old 04-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Shagman25, and welcome to Jaguar! Can't wait to hear about your new ride. I would have loved the S, but I couldn't have waited. Almost two months of ownership, and I still feel like I did when I picked her up.

As dirty as she is in this picture (she was newly waxed, but had a long dusty drive to get to Nobska Lighthouse), thought I'd share anyway. THIS is why I selected the XE over other cars. 'Nuff said.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
Congrats Shagman25, and welcome to Jaguar! Can't wait to hear about your new ride. I would have loved the S, but I couldn't have waited. Almost two months of ownership, and I still feel like I did when I picked her up.

As dirty as she is in this picture (she was newly waxed, but had a long dusty drive to get to Nobska Lighthouse), thought I'd share anyway. THIS is why I selected the XE over other cars. 'Nuff said.
Familiar locale... Go Clippers...

Name:  a_20141227_133755_zpse6a9200f.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  139.0 KB

The following users liked this post:
babyjag91 (05-05-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

I gotta say the exterior design of the XE hit me right in the sweet spot! Love at first sight.

I really dislike the Predator Face of the Lexus brand, and Mercedes was out of the question due to terrible service reputation. I needed a four door, so that also eliminated many others.

I had to take American Honda to mediation to get repairs covered on a faulty Acura, and just got ripped-off by Volkswagen (they are paying $14 Billion for this mistake, search TDI Lawsuit.)

Once I researched the XE's mostly aluminum architecture, and saw it had like 40 to 60 Pct higher rigidity vs everyone else, I began salivating.

Then I researched the v6 engines Porsche heritage and design, saw that there was already a ecu tune on the market to get it up to 416Hp.

Went to jaguars website and found it could all be had under $45K! Done deal.

I'm very happy with the decision....if its getting noticed you'd like...I have people in cars worth over twice as much slowing down or speeding up to stare.

So far a few drivers have even wanted to "check" the performance......it really disappointed an Infinity Redsport owner that challenged me just this morning, not to mention all the BMW front bumpers I've seen getting smaller and smaller in the rear-view mirror...

Old 04-27-2017, 06:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks all for welcoming me.

Can't wait to get my vehicle and supply some feedback on my experience. Counting down the days currently the expected delivery date is 7/20/2017 which I will check with the dealer on a regular basis to see where she is at in production.

For me, and what seems to be most posters here is the fact that we are different, in a good way. I see so many BMWs, Lexus's, etc. it's nice to know that I am getting something special. Not to be flashy, as this car surely has its flaws, however I purchased for performance, handling, flair, and practicality, in that order.

I'm envious until I can actually join the official club of owners.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The diesel option, my wife prefers diesel cars and the car was for her. The right now(2017) in Canada we have 5 diesel options that aren't Trucks: Chevrolet Cruze, BMW 328D, Jaguar XE/XF(2018)/F-Pace...thanks VW/Audi for the scandal I'm not putting my wife in a Cruze, I actually care for her safety. Wife didn't want to be associated with the BMW drivers. So that left me 3 options. We tried all three and my wife felt most comfortable driving the XE. I was happy that the R-Sport trim had lots of safety features on it. The car picked itself.

Also a local dealer had a similar built to what she would have chosen(color and options), and we got a pretty good deal on it.

Now I just have to figure out winter tires for her. Not sure where I can get rims and TPMS aftermarket. If anyone can help please PM me.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink

Like most of you at this point in your lives, I've owned many cars, but with a difference. Probably more than 50, but less than 100. I don't know for sure any more.

I've primarily owned cars that were the unwanted misfits from the wholesaler's lot from the various dealerships or independent shops that I was employed by.

I'll admit a fondness for the dented, the terminally ill, and the orphans that populated the fenced back lots, way, way behind the used car department: The laughably ridiculous trade-ins.

Rusty 914's and 912's that were so abused they dropped an exhaust valve in frustration. SAAB 99's with broken water pump drive jackshafts. 325's with broken timing belts, 12 bent valves and a crushed rear quarter panel.
240's with cooked BW55's and a broken windshield. Four door Diesel German Taxi Cabs with leaky injection pumps.

You get the idea.

In my entire adult life, I have only ever bought three automobiles brand new and I special ordered all three. All were mildly exotic:

A Forest Green 1984 SAAB 900 Turbo 3 door. It had 8PSI of boost, and a five speed, both fairly big deals for 1984. And an ignition switch that was on the floor of the center console behind the shifter and a quick change clutch. Kinda' exotic.

A Green 1991 Volvo 740 turbo. It was like driving your living room around if it was shod in Pirelli P7's and had a manual transmission with an electric overdrive. Weird enough to be sorta' exotic.

Fast forward 25 plus years through a fleet of Volvo 240's and enough Harley-Davidsons and Ford F150's to make a modern day Roger Corman biker exploitation film.......

I retired. The mortgage was finished. I widow of opportunity presented itself.

I saw this picture online while I was looking for something else:

And that was it.

After a lifetime in blue polyester breathing carcinogenic dust, aromatic hydrocarbons and airborne solvents, I figure this will be the last new automobile I ever buy.

I wanted something different and mildly exotic.

Last edited by Charles Calthrop; 05-07-2017 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Spelin an gramer and because I can
The following 2 users liked this post by Charles Calthrop:
mosesbotbol (05-08-2017), ololly (05-07-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 09:17 AM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Top 5 Reasons Why I Chose the XE

1.It's a very unique car that people do not see on the daily-

For one thing Jaguars are pretty uncommon cars in my area. I do see some F-types (especially if I drive near the more affluent suburbs, which are pretty close to me), quite a few F-paces, I do not see any XE's.

2. Driving dynamics-

The handling is superb; YOU are the driver of this car, and immediately it shows. The exhaust of the V6 is one of the best for a stock exhaust in its class.

The ZF gearbox is very good, fast shifts and responsive. Overall this is a driver's car.

3. Looks-

It's a sexy car in pretty much any color and the wheel choices are very good. The interior has a very nice design as well, very clean lines.

4. Features-

This is a luxury car and it shows. The R-Sport trim comes filled with tons of features that are optional on many cars.

Moonroof? Check. Blindspot monitor? Check. Nav? Check. Adaptive headlights? Check. Heated seats/mirrors? Check. Rear view camera AND parking sensors? Check. Free maintenance? Check.

Simply amazing. Some things I would have not gotten if they were not standard, but having them makes this car just a touch above a BMW where many of those features are options.

5. Lease price-

The lease deals on this car (on also the F-type I have heard) are so much better than its other European competitors. I'm paying about 200 less per month for a car that's higher in msrp than other brands I was looking at.

Finally:

It's a Jaguar.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Agreed KC; it's a lot of car in comparison to others with far fewer amenities but with a much higher cost.

Or, just more bang for your buck.