XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Wiper scratching the hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

That is sad.... Especially after the fact that Jaguar already had more than a year to produce XE (in Europe) and iron out any issues with production.

I think the most important thing for Jaguar is to improve its perceived reliability. That is the major reason why people stay away from such a cool brand.

Hearing about your wiper problem, I see that they do not agree with my opinion.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Wait…

Come on, now. Now you know every car manufactured by the general car makers, gets rolled off the factory, and TRANSPORTED by a 3rd party agency to your DEALERSHIP storage and care. It doesn’t magically get “blinked” to your showroom for you to pick up.

Once your new car is damaged during that transport/delivery process, (and you KNOW several cars a month are damaged during delivery----that’s what your “dealer delivery fee” or “dealer prep fee” is secretly paying for), WHO is responsible for fixing the damage before you find out about it?

DEALER. Not the factory. (the dealer may not even notify Jaguar when they've accidentally damaged one of their transported cars).

…I doubt that the dealer has “extra parts” waiting around when your brand new 2017 or 2018 Jaguar gets dinged during shipping. HE chooses to whip up whatever gimmick he can to make it look like nothing at all has happened to your car---if he doesn’t come up with a solution FAST, you’re not going to complete the transaction, and he’s stuck with a car for a few more weeks.
NO WAY the dealer is going to let that happen.
He’ll pull a wiper off another car and Krazy glue it to your car, if he feels it will take at least a week for you to start noticing that, “hmm, something, err, something isn’t right here with this thingy,…hmm”.

Then when you take it back to the dealer, enough time has passed that he can pretend he has no idea what the problem is, or how the wiper arm got switched, or how his mechanic’s partial finger print got on the wiper (including the cream cheese stain under the wiper arm, because his mechanic LUUUVS cream chesse).

If we think about it, which conclusion seems FAIRER for us to arrive at?
A- Trust Jaguar factory, and suspect the culprit is the dealerships who try to banboozel me out of every free discount that’s coming to us at service time?

Or,
B-- Consider Jaguar factory the prime suspect, and defend the dealership because “the dealership is our friend, and never lies to us, and is as kind and trustworthy as cows milk is white on freshly-fallen snow,… on top of an extra layer of cows milk”?

Last edited by NewLester de Rocin; 05-18-2017 at 08:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (05-18-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NewLester de Rocin
Wait…

Come on, now. Now you know every car manufactured by the general car makers, gets rolled off the factory, and TRANSPORTED by a 3rd party agency to your DEALERSHIP storage and care. It doesn’t magically get “blinked” to your showroom for you to pick up.

Once your new car is damaged during that transport/delivery process, (and you KNOW several cars a month are damaged during delivery----that’s what your “dealer delivery fee” or “dealer prep fee” is secretly paying for), WHO is responsible for fixing the damage before you find out about it?

DEALER. Not the factory. (the dealer may not even notify Jaguar when they've accidentally damaged one of their transported cars).

…I doubt that the dealer has “extra parts” waiting around when your brand new 2017 or 2018 Jaguar gets dinged during shipping. HE chooses to whip up whatever gimmick he can to make it look like nothing at all has happened to your car---if he doesn’t come up with a solution FAST, you’re not going to complete the transaction, and he’s stuck with a car for a few more weeks.
NO WAY the dealer is going to let that happen.
He’ll pull a wiper off another car and Krazy glue it to your car, if he feels it will take at least a week for you to start noticing that, “hmm, something, err, something isn’t right here with this thingy,…hmm”.

Then when you take it back to the dealer, enough time has passed that he can pretend he has no idea what the problem is, or how the wiper arm got switched, or how his mechanic’s partial finger print got on the wiper (including the cream cheese stain under the wiper arm, because his mechanic LUUUVS cream chesse).

If we think about it, which conclusion seems FAIRER for us to arrive at?
A- Trust Jaguar factory, and suspect the culprit is the dealerships who try to banboozel me out of every free discount that’s coming to us at service time?

Or,
B-- Consider Jaguar factory the prime suspect, and defend the dealership because “the dealership is our friend, and never lies to us, and is as kind and trustworthy as cows milk is white on freshly-fallen snow,… on top of an extra layer of cows milk”?
Agreed. My point is it is a bigger issue if it happened in the assembly line.