XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE bumper repair cost

Old 12-28-2017, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XE bumper repair cost

The car in front of me and I were turning left on a protected left turn. Midway in the intersection, he slams on his brakes to do a U turn. I can't file a claim on my insurance. Had a near fatal accident that I had to sue my own insurance and it took 4 years to resolve. I was also rear ended. When I got my Jag, I got rear ended again. None of those wrecks were my fault, but my insurance company. will drop me if I file a claim. I can pay for the repair myself. Wondering if anyone has had there front bumper repaired and the cost. I am going to get several quotes but wondering ball park. The bumper needs to be replaced. It is putting pressure on the left fender and hood. Nothing else was damaged. So anyone have any cost estimates?

Old 12-28-2017, 06:10 PM
GGG
Received 16,748 Likes on 12,141 Posts

Welcome to the forum magpul,

I've deleted your identical question from Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre. The Feedback & Suggestion Centre is for posts about the forum and NOT for technical questions.

Jaguar bumpers are rarely repairable unless there is only surface damage or very small splits. There are many different XE bumpers depending on specification. I'd be contacting the dealer first to identify the correct part number and item cost before going to body shops for estimates.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
magpul (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum magpul,

I've deleted your identical question from Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre. The Feedback & Suggestion Centre is for posts about the forum and NOT for technical questions.

Jaguar bumpers are rarely repairable unless there is only surface damage or very small splits. There are many different XE bumpers depending on specification. I'd be contacting the dealer first to identify the correct part number and item cost before going to body shops for estimates.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham
Thank you. I did it on my phone and I couldn't tell if it changed categories.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I had the front bumper cover replaced on XE. Some backed into me while my car was parked. Insurance job $1400.00 and it was just the cover, paint, and a couple of trim pieces.

In my state, the insurance company works with the offenders insurance company so there would be no issue to my policy as there was no impact to my liability.