XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE R-Sport badging

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can anyone post some pics of what exactly they removed to get behind the front grill to install the emblems? I spent last two hours trying to get in there and failed completely, taking a big chunk of my inner hand while trying to pull it .... I cant get any more of my hand inside then just past my fingers... I tried removing all kinds of bolts and it really did not get me anywhere. I thought the closest I was was removing the few black bolts in the front bumper under the mask that attach to another piece of metal below but then I Got stuck with the middle plastic plug. I have no way to get my hand in there to squeeze it and pull it out and I am pretty sure just pulling will break it..... I realize I maybe able to buy a new one to replace it but I am not even sure that will get me where I need to go. I do have the 35t premium so it maybe a bit different then some of you.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I fished the metal tabs in through the front of the grille and managed to slip them on the emblem studs along with the lock washers. Then I used a 1/4" drive ratchet with a long extension and a universal swivel with a shallow socket and slid it down through the opening at the top of the grille and got the nut started then switched to a deep socket to tighten it up. It took a little bit of patience but wasn't too bad.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I was able to get my SVR grill badge on by removing just those top 6 bolts and that black center push locking pin along the grille top when you open the hood. I then garbbed a few towels and pulled back the top bumper skin and tucked the towels to hold the opening open to get my arm down there to hold the studs and metal back plates while I put the locking nuts on. I got a few scrapes on my fore arm and top of hand from the sharp plastic but it was very easy and quick to do. Only took me 20 min and the towels helped a lot holding the bumper back a bit without cracking the plastic.

The following users liked this post:
C-Los (04-24-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 08:31 AM

I guess I will try pulling the plastic plug like BigCat did and sticking my arm in there, seems most probable solution to my problem. Were you able to get it out without breaking it? As for Coffee, you must be McGyver or Inspector Gadget to be able to pull that off . I have the swivel extension tool and all that good stuff but I see no possible way for getting those backing plates and the little nuts on the bolts without getting my hand in there . I can't put my fingers through the grill so no other way of slipping them on there other then getting my hands behind it.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:39 AM

So I was able to install the grill emblem, have to say if I need to do this again I am definitely getting a stick on..... way too tight to try to squeeze my hand in there and cause damage to the bumper. My arm is all bruised up today. I wish someone told me to paint the metal brackets before installing because they looked absolutely terrible behind the grill I painted them black through the grill with some difficulty later.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

This'll be my first post in the XE sub forum so be gentle with me.

I was a tad disappointed when I took delivery of my 2017 XE R Sport two weeks ago because it didn't have the distinctive R badge on the lower corner of the grille that I'd seen in all of the R Sport Google search pictures.

The only R Sport badging was on the steering wheel and the door sill plates. The only exterior badging was centered in the side vents on the front fenders.

So I've also ordered a Chinese badge. I'll let you know how it works out.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles Calthrop

I was a tad disappointed when I took delivery of my 2017 XE R Sport two weeks ago because it didn't have the distinctive R badge on the lower corner of the grille that I'd seen in all of the R Sport Google search pictures.
Can you post a picture? I have seen the XE with an "S" badge on front grill for other markets. The US market R Sport is almost or virtually an S, but not exactly.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:40 AM

I'll post up a picture of the fender vent R Sport badge later when I get a chance, moses.

Could you explain the difference between the NAS (US) 2017 XE R Sport and S model in the other markets you mentioned?

Old 04-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Old 04-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

A number of us with XF models experimented with a simple alternative to install the R or S emblem on the grille.
1) Cut a thin piece of clear Perspex a bit smaller than the emblem and drill a small hole in the middle.
2) Put the Perspex onto the screw of a metal toggle bolt then push the bolt through the grille (like you use on plasterboard walls) and the 'wings' spring open once it goes through. Tighten it up (not too tight so you don't crack the grille). Now you have a flat Perspex mounting plate on the grille
3) stick the emblem onto the mounting plate with double sided 3M automotive tape

I did it about 3 yrs ago, haven't touched it since and it's still holding perfectly. And if you want to remove it just peel it off and unscrew the bolt.

It avoids the need for any access behind the grill and you don't put anything sticky onto the grille itself.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (04-13-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by BritCars
A number of us with XF models experimented with a simple alternative to install the R or S emblem on the grille.
1) Cut a thin piece of clear Perspex a bit smaller than the emblem and drill a small hole in the middle.
2) Put the Perspex onto the screw of a metal toggle bolt then push the bolt through the grille (like you use on plasterboard walls) and the 'wings' spring open once it goes through. Tighten it up (not too tight so you don't crack the grille). Now you have a flat Perspex mounting plate on the grille
3) stick the emblem onto the mounting plate with double sided 3M automotive tape

I did it about 3 yrs ago, haven't touched it since and it's still holding perfectly. And if you want to remove it just peel it off and unscrew the bolt.

It avoids the need for any access behind the grill and you don't put anything sticky onto the grille itself.
Is there pictures of any of this? I don't follow at all, and no clue what Perspex is. It would help if someone had some pics

Old 04-12-2017, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
Is there pictures of any of this? I don't follow at all, and no clue what Perspex is. It would help if someone had some pics

Clear acrylic plastic/Plexiglas

Thanks BritCars. I figured I run it up on a lift and pull the front splash pan, but I like your idea.

Still interested in the differences in the US R-sport XE from the other markets.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM

Anyone having an issue with their stick on emblem on rear trunk area? Mine is pealing away from the sticker because it is either perfectly straight or slightly bending outwards.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Sorry. My description was prob a bit rushed and some U.K. Vs US wording. Here is the original thread with post from ttboonie back in 2012 (post #12 in the thread). In case the link doesn't work the thread is called
Look what Santa brought me (S badge)

So mine has been on for 4 yrs now with no issues. And if I ever want to remove it it's just one screw.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...444#post645444

Old 04-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ

Anyone having an issue with their stick on emblem on rear trunk area? Mine is pealing away from the sticker because it is either perfectly straight or slightly bending outwards.
The badge you bought looks like it came with the cheap white double sided tape that lifts. I use the gray color 3M stuff, it is much thinner and never lifts. The trunk I think has a curve in it ever so slightly so that can be an issue also.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by BigCat09
The badge you bought looks like it came with the cheap white double sided tape that lifts. I use the gray color 3M stuff, it is much thinner and never lifts. The trunk I think has a curve in it ever so slightly so that can be an issue also.
You mean you replaced it with the gray stuff or bought a badge with gray tape? Can't really tell what color they are in the ebay listings.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:21 PM

Did anyone purchase an S badge that fit the XE? and if so can post a link to the seller? I tried emailing a couple but they are stating their badge is straight/flat.... so I have a feeling none of them will fit. I also think the R badge may not be as wide and so maybe easier to fit on the XE.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:40 PM

My Chi Com adhesive backed "R" badge arrived today.

I didn't expect much for $13.00 shipped.

Chromed plastic and a double sided adhesive backing that I could peel off the back of the emblem with a thumbnail.

The roundel had a really low quality shiny red/green sticker stuck to it.

I figured the red/green sticker would last about a month in the sunlight and weather.

I stuck it to my tool box.

Let's see what another $13.00 gets me with this:

Grille Frontgrill Front Grill Emblem Badge S for Jaguar XJ XK XF XJR F-Pace L11 | eBay

This XE was the inspiration for my XE order back in December:

Old 04-14-2017, 10:31 PM

for $13 you do not expect much? wow you must have low expectations this is a tiny piece of plastic metal, it probably costs pennies to make, for $13 it should very good quality. I paid $10 for both front and back and it sounds like they are much better quality then the one you got, and they are metal.