XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE R-Sport badging

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

raffiNJ, you're absolutely right. I have very low expectations for anything I can purchase for a European (or in this case, British) car for $13.00 or less.

Maybe a quality gasket, double lip seal or an "O" ring or two. Perhaps a small Mahle oil filter; a couple of Bosch (or NGK) spark plugs. A quart and a half of good engine or transmission oil from a reputable manufacturer. A handful of OE fasteners. A copper base light bulb. You get the idea.

Spending 30 plus years dressed in various shades of blue polyester with my name stitched above my right shirt pocket as I stood under, leaned over, or peered into automobiles while I was humping the line in different dealerships and independent specialty shops has made me a little cynical.

No, after reading my last run on sentence, it's made me a lot cynical when it comes to parts that I can buy for less than $13.00.

I certainly don't expect anything high quality when it comes to exterior trim, emblems or badging, for $13.00 or less, especially when they're manufactured in China.

Anyway, maybe later, I'll tell you how I really feel about it.

But I'm a glutton for punishment and I ordered another one. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I absolutely agree with you about the quality of products coming out of China.... but you can get decent stuff from there if you get lucky..... I know $13 is not a lot but the dealer charging $80 for a tiny piece of metal is a total rip off. In reality for $13 you should get a very well made emblem, but should and will is two different things.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

As I mentioned earlier the R emblem I bought on eBay which I think came from China faded in 3 months. The green color which has some yellow changed to a whitish green and looked awful. I coughed up $78 for the real one from the dealer. Might as well since the car cost $57k.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Joearch
I coughed up $78 for the real one from the dealer. Might as well since the car cost $57k.

Do you have the factory badge's part number?
I think I'm gonna' quit screwing around and go this route....

Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry I don't. I went to dealer parts department that is close to my office. They gave me. 10% discount.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rgun2515
Back too...
its on the wrong side. badge goes on the right *** cheek

Old 05-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joearch
I added the R badge and removed the messy 3.5 AWD stuff.

FYI I started with a Chinese badge for $7 which faded to an awful green color and recently went to the dealer and coughed up $78 for the OEM one.

I did my XF Rsport in the same way. I paid 12.99 for my badges on ebay so we'll see if they fade. It had black gummy adhesive pad on the back and so fare they are holding.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 AM

I'm more interested in grille badges than anything else.

"R" Grille Badge part number: C2D31237

"S" Grille Badge part number: C2Z29873

Those Jaguar part numbers look like 60's vintage Ford engineering numbers to me....

These aren't XE specific, but I'm sure I can make one work.

I'll keep you apprised of my progress, or lack thereof.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
its on the wrong side. badge goes on the right *** cheek
I was going to say the same thing

Old 05-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Here is a pic of my grille badge. I've only had it about a month so we will see how bad it fades. I have another on the right *** cheek. I know it's not exactly "R" as in R-Sport, but I don't care. I want my stinking badges....

Also I had ordered some emblems that had Rsport, thinking I could use those but they are the same size as the vent inserts so I decided to try one on the interior since I find the passenger side dash to be a bit boring.

It looks pretty natural. My son didn't even notice.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fair2
This is my take on R Sport badge.
I have been looking for that mini R-sport badge (the one shown under your 25t) but I can't seem to find it anywhere, only the regular size one which is too big to fit where I want it (on the back left underneath the XE badge)
The badge I'm looking for is the same ones they put on the side vents of the R-sport models.
Please let me know where you found this, thanks.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Slim_bobby
I have been looking for that mini R-sport badge (the one shown under your 25t) but I can't seem to find it anywhere, only the regular size one which is too big to fit where I want it (on the back left underneath the XE badge)
The badge I'm looking for is the same ones they put on the side vents of the R-sport models.
If you look at my pics - I have one on the dash. I got them from Ebay

Old 05-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Slim_bobby
I got mine from a side vent for an XE second hand from flee bay.
Robert

Old 05-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Cool

The latest attempt at grille badging arrived from China today via Rotterdam.....

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

This "S" badge also has the same low quality red/green glossy paper roundel sticker and cheesy double sided adhesive that the previous "R" badge had. Another eight dollars toward my education......

This one will end up being stuck to my ridiculous tool box with the other one.

I'll be ponying up for a genuine Jaguar badge.

Last edited by Charles Calthrop; 05-10-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Isn't that R badge a bit low and to the right? When I did my temp SVR badge on the grill I put it in the same location as Jaguar does.

The SVR badges I got look perfect but I am replacing them with R-Sport badges whenever they arrive. Up badging is a crime so I am deleting them soon even though these looked so good.

Originally Posted by uab9253
Here is a pic of my grille badge. I've only had it about a month so we will see how bad it fades. I have another on the right *** cheek. I know it's not exactly "R" as in R-Sport, but I don't care. I want my stinking badges....

Also I had ordered some emblems that had Rsport, thinking I could use those but they are the same size as the vent inserts so I decided to try one on the interior since I find the passenger side dash to be a bit boring.

It looks pretty natural. My son didn't even notice.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I clicked on the link you provided for the S badge and I wish they made the same thing for the R badge. The closest I can find is this:

I suppose you could drill a hole in the through the R backing, use a fastener like the S badge has below and it should work?

Originally Posted by Charles Calthrop

My Chi Com adhesive backed "R" badge arrived today.

I didn't expect much for $13.00 shipped.

Chromed plastic and a double sided adhesive backing that I could peel off the back of the emblem with a thumbnail.

The roundel had a really low quality shiny red/green sticker stuck to it.

I figured the red/green sticker would last about a month in the sunlight and weather.

I stuck it to my tool box.

Let's see what another $13.00 gets me with this:

Grille Frontgrill Front Grill Emblem Badge S for Jaguar XJ XK XF XJR F-Pace L11 | eBay

This XE was the inspiration for my XE order back in December:

Last edited by coloradocat; 05-12-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by coloradocat

I suppose you could drill a hole in the through the R backing, use a fastener like the S badge has below and it should work?

Probably, but you'd still have really low quality badge.

You can hit Home Depot and look for a crown bolt something like this:

Crown Bolt 1/8 in. x 3 in. Zinc-Plated Mushroom-Head Toggle Bolt Anchor (4-Piece)-00447 - The Home Depot

Make sure you counter sink the hole so the badge lays flat on the backer.
I've given up on the big auction site for Jaguar badges.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member

I choose to stop being a poser and up badging my XE and finally removed my SVR badges and added the proper R-Sport badging. Seems to look okay but I had to move the AWD tag to make it look correct as it didn't any other way I tried.

Take note of how I used towels to proper the bumper skin out so it wouldn't crack or warp the plastic and still give me lots of room to fit my fat hands in there to place the badges. I painted and cleared the bolts and brackets black to ensure they can't be seen from the front. I just wish I found a bigger grill badge but this will do.

The following users liked this post:
Fair2 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member

OH, I forgot to add that I removed that poor white thick tape and used my good OEM type 3M tape for the badges to stick on. I highly feel this is needed as that white tape is junk and can be seen all around it.