XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2010 xfr hellcat engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 03:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 xfr hellcat engine swap

Any body want to help me out here and give me a walk through tutorial or run down on the whole engine swap process what I will need any tips ????? Thank you really would help a lot I figured instead of buying the 60k hellcat I値l just buy the motor and toss it in my 2010xfr that I recently blew the motor on so hey why not will be a hassle but seems like it値l be a fun project I mean come on 707hp in an xfr sound like every jag fans dream 😉

Old 06-13-2018, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by murderedxfr
Any body want to help me out here and give me a walk through tutorial or run down on the whole engine swap process what I will need any tips ????? Thank you really would help a lot I figured instead of buying the 60k hellcat I値l just buy the motor and toss it in my 2010xfr that I recently blew the motor on so hey why not will be a hassle but seems like it値l be a fun project I mean come on 707hp in an xfr sound like every jag fans dream 😉

Old 06-13-2018, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

You take a metal saw, cut the old part out, then glue the new one in place. Should be done in an hour or so by yourself.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by SinF
You take a metal saw, cut the old part out, then glue the new one in place. Should be done in an hour or so by yourself.

thanks for for your sarcasm

Old 06-13-2018, 11:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

So you're thinking there's a few people on here that have swapped a Dodge engine into their XF, and you'd like them to share the steps they used to do it??

If not a Dodge to an XF, maybe you're just thinking there's a lot of Jaguar owners on here that swap other car/engine combo's during their spare time and they are just waiting around to help someone on this forum??

Dude, no one is going to take you seriously that you can handle an engine swap if you can't even figure out how to google:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...swap+an+engine

By the way, it's one of the hardest things you can do to a car if there isn't a kit specifically made for that car and that engine.

Trust me, you will dead ten times over before you manage to pull it off this swap on your own. If you're going to pay to have it done, then don't bother asking how to do it, and just get out your wallet!

Last edited by lotusespritse; 06-13-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
So you're thinking there's a few people on here that have swapped a Dodge engine into their XF, and you'd like them to share the steps they used to do it??

If not a Dodge to an XF, maybe you're just thinking there's a lot of Jaguar owners on here that swap other car/engine combo's during their spare time and they are just waiting around to help someone on this forum??

Dude, no one is going to take you seriously that you can handle an engine swap if you can't even figure out how to google:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...swap+an+engine

By the way, it's one of the hardest things you can do to a car if there isn't a kit specifically made for that car and that engine.

Trust me, you will dead ten times over before you manage to pull it off this swap on your own. If you're going to pay to have it done, then don't bother asking how to do it, and just get out your wallet!
Mans you guys love riding on your ****ing high horses on the internet never mind if you don稚 have anything helpful to say why even say something ??

The following users liked this post:
bfarrell (05-05-2019)
Old 06-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,767 Posts

How did the engine get blown?

Old 06-17-2018, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by murderedxfr

Mans you guys love riding on your ****ing high horses on the internet never mind if you don稚 have anything helpful to say why even say something ??
Not on my high horse, I am helping you by trying to help you figure out that this is a really stupid idea. If you are coming on to a Jaguar forum (yes there's a certain type of people on here) to ask for steps on how to swap a Dodge in the Jaguar, then you have made it very clear that you have no clue about anything, and likely lack the resources to pull of such a swap, which at the end of it, won't be worth more than $10K after putting in a $100K.

I am sure you are a sweet kid, and it's fun to dream big, but when you are older, you'll know I was right.

The following 2 users liked this post by lotusespritse:
89 Jacobra (06-17-2018), SinF (06-21-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,147 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
Not on my high horse, I am helping you by trying to help you figure out that this is a really stupid idea. If you are coming on to a Jaguar forum (yes there's a certain type of people on here) to ask for steps on how to swap a Dodge in the Jaguar, then you have made it very clear that you have no clue about anything, and likely lack the resources to pull of such a swap, which at the end of it, won't be worth more than $10K after putting in a $100K.

I am sure you are a sweet kid, and it's fun to dream big, but when you are older, you'll know I was right.
He's absolutely correct. If you look at My user Name, 89 Jacobra. It would be a tip off that I'm in the process of Installing a 460 CI. Ford engine (Cobra) into a 1989 Jaguar XJS thus creating a Ja-Cobra, a Marriage of 2 completely different animals as they say. I have a very long and extensive amount of experience, to allow me to pull this off. The next thing is, I have "No Electronics" to deal with, in other words. I can run a distributor, and a carburetor, and not have to integrate 2 incompatible electronic systems. So what he's trying to tell you, is if you don't know what you're doing, stay on the couch. Sorry if that stings a little, but it's the truth.

Jack

Old 06-18-2018, 02:00 AM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

What has been stated should be ringing alarm bells, as has been said its sometimes difficult enough just to change the older cars with NO electrics apart from the ignition side. To try to integrate another manufacturers engine into a newer XF is something that people tend not to do. It might be possible if you can use all the control ECU’s and TCU units so the engine and trans (I am assuming here that you will use the Dodge trans) can talk to each other?