XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2018 XF Mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 10:45 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2018 XF Mudflaps

I ranted earlier about how expensive mudflaps from the dealer are. I bought some for our '09 a few years ago from a company in the Orient and they were much cheaper, fit perfectly, and had the "Jaguar" on them. Our new ones from the dealer were over $300 for the set of four. Evidently, the folks in the East haven't copied the new ones yet.

After seeing the rash in front of the rear wheels on our (ill-fated) '17 Maroon XF and the amount of dirt on the side of the car from the wheels, I installed the new set of flaps shortly after bringing our new white '17 home.

The front ones went on fairly easily. One hole needed to be drilled into the wheel well, but the supplied plastic anchored screw was too short; so I got a set of GM fasteners from Autozone and it worked well. It was the type that is just pushed into the hole and it anchors itself.

As for the rears, that's a totally different story. There is nowhere in the wheel well to attach the bottom of them, so a metal mounting bar is included that attaches to the FENDER through HOLES that you have to drill in the fender of the brand-new, beautiful, pristine Jaguar XF.

I fitted everything else securely before marking and drilling the holes (that was painful). Then (of course) the holes didn't line up with the holes in the mounting bar when I tried to attach it with the machine screws. After modifying the holes a few times, a little cross-threading, and a LOT of not-very-nice things being said, the rears were finally on and secure.

If I were to do it again, I would probably just purchase and install the fronts. The rears don't help that much anyway - especially for around $100, but they do look nice with the fronts.

Attached Thumbnails 2018 XF Mudflaps-front-1.jpg   2018 XF Mudflaps-front-2.jpg   2018 XF Mudflaps-rrear-1.jpg   2018 XF Mudflaps-rear-2.jpg