XF (X260) 2015 onwards

I'm Devin - This is my XF Sportbrake

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 12:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great, thanks for the update! Have you done any suspension work? Maybe it's just the mid-corner shots messing w/ me

I've had some OZ Ultraleggera's on order for months and it looks like they'll finally be in next week!

The following users liked this post:
DeviLSh (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 01:36 PM
Received 131 Likes on 72 Posts

Thanks! I wish I had suspension work, its just the cornering load getting captured. Certainly a nice preview of what it would look like though.

I have been chasing that info for a while on if lowering this car is possible or not and haven't really found anything conclusive. My thought is you could run lowering springs for the sedan (H&R has XF springs, and VAP has XE springs, not sure if either are compatible with the front XF-S Wagon being 3.0 and AWD and electronic dampers) and the rear bags will either self adjust to the rake/downward pitch, or maybe you could run a calibration procedure at a lower height to keep the electronics happy. I suppose adding front air suspension isn't out of the question either, but I am not crazy about merging the OEM setup with aftermarket air. Springs and some tuning sounds more affordable! I know some x250 Sportbrake owners overseas int he UK and beyond have done just what I have proposed, but cannot seem to find any x260 owners who have done this to give me the confidence to proceed. Its on my bucket list for this car as a 1-1.5" drop would look awesome on it!

Where did you order the OZ's from? I got a great deal on mine from TireRack but had to buy a gold pair and a gunmetal pair, and re-coat them all but at a great discount. Would love to get a 5th for a full-size spare if they are back in stock.

Panthro (09-24-2023)
Old 04-14-2022, 03:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered them from TireRack back in late December! I've been checking availability weekly since then and it seems that they were just delivered to South Bend this week. I'll be picking them up in Delaware after they ship there (no tax!) next week, I hope. I went with 19" as the PA backroads I drive around here are usually pot holed. So I didn't get a great deal from TR but I did get "last year's" prices which were slightly better. I'm in a bit of a predicament because I bought the car w/ snows and I don't have the OEM wheels from the PO (yet).

IIRC you have the 20" and all I see in stock there ATM is Hyper GT HLT Star Graphite and not for what I'd consider a "deal" unfortunately (especially for a spare). Good luck and thanks again for sharing.

Old 12-08-2022, 03:09 PM

Hey everyone -

Car is now at just under 35k miles so I have a couple updates to share. Some fun, some not so much fun.

Let start with the good and great!

I picked up a set of OEM roof rails and OEM cargo box from two separate SB owners. Thanks guys! Loving the look and will be using this for future road trips.

My rear brakes are approaching their wear limit, so I began looking deeper into upgrades. Everything from OEM replacement, to after marketing rotors & pads, to 2pc rotors or big brake kits. Not a lot out on the market unfortunately, and OEM parts proving to be fairly expensive. I was able to identify that a Brembo GT kit exists as well as a kit for the XE from a company called Paragon. After reaching out to them and exchanging multiple emails, we determined that the XE kit should work on the XF (front kit). They offer it in two sizes, 355mm & 380mm. The stock front rotors are 350. Both kits use the same pads, lines, and calipers (Alcon 6 piston fixed calipers with a radial mount bracket). They did not offer anything for the rear, so I asked if they would consider making an gem replacement 2pc rotor in the stock (325mmx20mm) sizing and they obliged!

I have ordered the 380mm front BBK, and a set of the custom 325 2pc rotors for the rear. I will be running OEM pads in the rear, and Paragons Street pads up front with their kit. As a result of this collaboration with Paragon, you can now find this kid and an updated version with XF fitment on their website.

Mono6 Kit (front)
Track Kit (front)
Rear 2pc Rotors

Stay tuned for an update on this kit along with more detail on weight, install, and driving impressions.

Lastly, It appears my car has been subject to the rear inner tire wear/damage issue found on some other XF/XE's. Seemingly out of nowhere, my tires have become completely shredded on the very inner edge, on both sides. Car has always had regular alignments,rotations, and inflation. 30K or less on the tires. While not young, they were fine about 5,000-6,000 miles ago at my last service visit. No abnormal loads or scenarios. No symptoms like tracking or noise. I immediately had the car put on the rack and the results came back fine, so Im leaning towards a bushing or tire failure.

Panthro (09-24-2023)
Old 12-10-2022, 05:28 PM
rbr
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

These cars seem EXTREMELY sensitive to alignment even when "within spec". Might also be the Pirellis... my car did the same thing to 2 sets, about 8k miles each. I had the alignment guy reduce rear camber about half a degree, put on Hankooks, and now have gone 20k w/o any sign of wear. Also @ stock spec it wanted to oversteer when pushed into a corner, 1/16 more toe in fixed that.

DeviLSh (12-11-2022)
Old 12-04-2023, 09:14 PM

Hi all - I have posted a FS ad for this car. As we approach the end of warranty period on this car, we are looking at getting into something different. If it doesn't sell I won't be heart broken though, we love this car. My local Jag dealer network has been so-so, and with the R-S in our stable as well, owning two of these cats is a great thing, but its also a cumbersome and unpredictable. With a growing family and daily driving needs we need to make an adjustment. Just wanted to update here that the car is listed on this forum, and FB marketplace.

Let me know if you have nay questions or interest.

I am also selling my OZ wheels, Winter tires, spacers, and likely my OEM roof ox and cross bars. PM if you are interested. I also have a set of 15mm and 20mm bolt-on spacers I never ended up running.

Old 01-18-2024, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SDCard location

We have a white 2018 sport break and I’ve been trying to up date the navigation system and I’m to take out the SD card. The arm rest has a SIM card, two USB ports, and an eathernet port. Is the SD card located somewhere else?