XF (X260) 2015 onwards

I'm Devin - This is my XF Sportbrake

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 09:23 PM
Received 131 Likes on 72 Posts

Went to a cars & coffee today, with my buddy who bought my previous wagon from me and got it running (replaced the engine & transmission). The two rare wagons got plenty of attention and comments. So cool to see them side by side.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (09-24-2023)
Old 10-11-2021, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 316 Posts

Terrific thread. I just picked up a sportbrake this weekend - grey with black pack and black wheels. First time with black wheels and they look great.
It definitely was tough to get away from the black/white/silver color options - I'm not normally a fan of grey but this Corris (Or Corlis?) Grey is just a lovely color. (There's a deep red one with what Jag calls the "brogue" interior, which is a saddle brown, up at a carmax in northern CA. I'm imagining it's the only one of its kind. It was just a little pricey for me.)
I'm also now a 2-jag owner (2011 XKR 'vert that just rolled over 100,000 miles) and, yeah, once you get used to that supercharged 5.0 nothing else really works for you. But I'm still loving this car and am amazed at the handling.

The following 2 users liked this post by pk4144:
DeviLSh (10-11-2021), middleagebottlerocket (10-12-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 02:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes this is it! I thought it was black and was brushing it off but clicked on it just to take a look and was amazed at the color. take a look at the picture of the door jamb and you get a better idea of what it'll look like in the light.
https://www.carmax.com/car/20885148

Also another Firenze red on there as well. There are currently 4 of these available across the country if you count the ones up on cars.com. I could have sworn i read on here that there were only 4 of them in the country- 1 in each corner. I wonder if thats true.
https://www.carmax.com/car/21015080

Old 10-14-2021, 09:44 AM
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

My source was the GM of the dealer where I purchased my Firenze Red Sportbrake --- so purely anecdotal. He said that Jag had sent over four for each corner, at least two of which were used as press cars. As far as I know, mine was not one of those -- at least not the one used for Car and Driver article -- They publish track sheets which lists the VIN ending in 62672 (see attached). Interestingly, none of the cars listed on Cars.com has that VIN either. I only see three listed on Cars.com with pictures to verify -- one of the three is the same car located at the Car Max in Charleston. I've seen the Utah based car before and am connected with the owner on social media - surprised he's selling. So these three, plus the C&D press car and mine makes 5 that I am aware of (maybe 6 if counting the one in Michigan with no pictures). I have a spreadsheet started to track VINs of cars that pop up for sale online.

Attached Files
Old 10-14-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JaguarJack12
My source was the GM of the dealer where I purchased my Firenze Red Sportbrake --- so purely anecdotal. He said that Jag had sent over four for each corner, at least two of which were used as press cars. As far as I know, mine was not one of those -- at least not the one used for Car and Driver article -- They publish track sheets which lists the VIN ending in 62672 (see attached). Interestingly, none of the cars listed on Cars.com has that VIN either. I only see three listed on Cars.com with pictures to verify -- one of the three is the same car located at the Car Max in Charleston. I've seen the Utah based car before and am connected with the owner on social media - surprised he's selling. So these three, plus the C&D press car and mine makes 5 that I am aware of (maybe 6 if counting the one in Michigan with no pictures). I have a spreadsheet started to track VINs of cars that pop up for sale online.
oh sorry I didn’t realized the third one was a Carmax car. And that’s great about the numbers. I thought it was 4 total not 4 for each region. If true that means there should be at least16 SBs in FR. My favorite color, second only to cesium blue- recently saw a CB over brogue in San Francisco. It was priced a bit higher but was gone in only a couple of days.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:05 AM
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, to be fair, I was originally under the impression that it was 4 vs. 16. But given I have seen 6, perhaps he meant 4 for each corner. In any event, I have to imagine that there are very few of them.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:19 PM

id love to know about 2019s as well. most ive seen are 2018 and ive seen a handful of 2020s but yea, its almost like no SBs were made in 2019.

JagWire_5280 (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 01:29 PM

Please keep the inventory/availability talk (as much as I love it honestly) to this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...gistry-252107/

Wanna keep my timeline lean and organized please

Old 10-15-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by DeviLSh
Please keep the inventory/availability talk (as much as I love it honestly) to this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...gistry-252107/

I can help with that. Been watching your vids on youtube weekly to enjoy the sounds these things can make. Stunning!

The following 2 users liked this post by joeybananaz18:
DeviLSh (10-26-2021), Panthro (12-11-2023)
Old 10-21-2021, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by DeviLSh

...why?
Never an issue on the x150 site. I've made a couple of posts there.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also new to the community, welcome and have fun with the car

DeviLSh (10-26-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by pk4144
...why?
Never an issue on the x150 site. I've made a couple of posts there.
I just want this thread to be about my car/sportbrake, not all of them in the US. There are other threads dedicated to that.

So the other day, my rear passenger soft close stopped working. If I leave it to rest, I can hear the mechanism whirring/moving, but it doesn't want to latch close. Wondering if this is common and if I should take it in to be looked at. The door shuts just fine if I give it the "normal" amount of momentum.

Happy Fall! Couple Cell phone shots from yesterday.

The following 2 users liked this post by DeviLSh:
middleagebottlerocket (10-28-2021), Panthro (09-24-2023)
Old 10-27-2021, 04:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,828 Likes on 12,179 Posts

I've removed 2 posts in this thread by JagWire_5280 at his own request.

For those searching for the Registry thread linked in post #28, I closed it down and BANNED the OP FireFox31 for 28 days.

Graham

JagWire_5280 (10-28-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 05:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete: I too was/am new to the XF. In my initiql changing of oil it came up as overfilled. The oil change shop insisted they put in the correct amount but I had them remove a quart. Still showed overfill. Took it to the dealer who did the same thing. I discovered that the digital dip stick is slow to equilibrate. The only time during the day to get an accurate read is first time you get in the car. Don't start it, check the oil. You may find as did I that you're on the money, full. After you drive it, you're reported as overfull and get the warning.

Jeff

Old 01-02-2022, 08:59 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

How do you like the OZ Leggera HLT now that you've had them for a while? Thanks!

Old 01-04-2022, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by middleagebottlerocket
How do you like the OZ Leggera HLT now that you've had them for a while? Thanks!
So far they are great, you can really tell they are lighter, especially now that I have gone back to winters for the season. It took a while to get used to the look for me, as I typically go with wheels that have more surface area, but these suit the car well and give it a sporty look.

middleagebottlerocket (01-04-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 08:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey deviLSh,
I've been reading on this forum for a while and thank you for the info your threads share specifically on the sportbrakes! I was fortunate enough to have one sitting here in town since it arrived at the dealership in late 2017 as an '18 model, and nobody wanted it until I came along!

Wondering if you have any opinion the on the tuning option below from VRtuned? It's not an ECU flash like I'm used to for my Fords, and they told me it will not void the warranty. Obviously I want more speed but do want to be safe with the warranty since I have it for a few years.

Any thoughts?

John

https://www.vrtuned.com/tuned-ecu-tu...152690943.html

DeviLSh (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by ROCsportbrake
Hey deviLSh,
I've been reading on this forum for a while and thank you for the info your threads share specifically on the sportbrakes! I was fortunate enough to have one sitting here in town since it arrived at the dealership in late 2017 as an '18 model, and nobody wanted it until I came along!

Wondering if you have any opinion the on the tuning option below from VRtuned? It's not an ECU flash like I'm used to for my Fords, and they told me it will not void the warranty. Obviously I want more speed but do want to be safe with the warranty since I have it for a few years.

Any thoughts?

John

https://www.vrtuned.com/tuned-ecu-tu...152690943.html
John, thanks for posting. Unfortunately I do not have any info, experience, or context on the VRTuned product for this application (or any other),so you'll have to keep searching or asking around. I don't believe tunes, for any manufacturer has ever been deemed "warranty friendly" based on everything I have seen and experienced, so I would not go into tuning anticipating that you are protected, but I suppose there are still dealers out there that don't flag this type of modifying or combinations of tunes/makes/Service writers that get through the process. proceed at your own risk.

On a related note, it looks like VAP (velocity) has started more R&D on a 3.0s/c XE. So I am looking forward to what develops there in hopes that it applies to the (small but mighty) sportbrake crowd. I am starting to feel the need for more oomph!/response out of the wagon and I think a tune and pulley is something that would be just right amount for me. The car is plenty quick as is, but the throttle response, shift strategy, and low end tq could use some boosting in my opinion. It doesn't help that my other car is the XFR-S so driving them back to back is pretty noticeable.

Panthro (09-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2022, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey deviLSh,

Agreed, it's such an unknown what dealerships will do. I will keep reading about it and if I end up with it, will report to this gang for sure.

I want to dive into some of the work that you've done to make the supercharger just make more noise. I know it's under there, but why can't I hear it haha. I believe your running the MINE's intake? I thought I read that you had also taken the air filter covers off and that improved noise?

Thanks guys!

John

Old 04-13-2022, 10:50 AM

Just rolled over 26k on our trip to the VW event "Wookies in the woods", an event/show that takes place at the Tail of the Dragon US RT 129 in TN/NC. Great roads, great people and we had a blast in the Sportbrake. Just before the trip I did an oil change, cabin air filter change, put the summer wheels (OZ's) back on, and installed the full Mina Intake kit. After doing a spirited run through those roads, about 10-15mi of on and off throttle and curves. I pulled over and felt the tube. It was cool to the touch. Car feels about the same if not more responsive with the intake kit on there. So, Jury is still out for me on if this thing hurts or helps. But I will say one thing for sure - the noise of this motor screaming in the woods/mountains is divine.

Enjoy some pics!

The following 2 users liked this post by DeviLSh:
middleagebottlerocket (04-14-2022), Panthro (09-24-2023)

Quick Reply: I'm Devin - This is my XF Sportbrake