XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Incontrol touch pro + Remote App

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incontrol touch pro + Remote App

Hello Fellow Jaguar enthusiasts,

I recently bought a XF 20d r-sport, form 05.2016 with a few KM on it, was a great deal! Loving the car!

Some questions i have regarding the "incontrol touch pro"

1) The remote Jaguar car app.
--> Installed according the manual, all working well but the first 3 / 4 days i did not have the function to start the car... after that somehow it appeared and was working well (could start the car and set the heating).
Then after i while i had to change the sim card... Data is working fine, unlock the car with the app etc all working... except i lost the Start and heating function again... and its not coming back....

Things i did:
- Reinstalled the app on Iphone and android
- Setup the whole thing again.
- Changed country setting.
All with no result.... and its getting winter here so i would like to heatup the car in the morning

2)Incontol touch pro "Live"
--> So simcard in the car, have data connection (can browse internet and satellite nav). Logged in with LIVE with my account but i done see anything that i can install or other options....

I have incontrol subscription till 2020
Protect subscription till 2020

Please see pictures below!!

Anyone can help me out here, or struggling with the same issues? The car dealer is not a big help.... :-(

Car origin: Germany

Old 09-18-2017, 06:13 AM
jbn
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello niro, welcome to the forums.

The only bit I have in common with you is that I am in Switzerland - I do not have InControl Touch Pro or InControl Apps. However, it does look on the face of it like you have some data connectivity issues. Have you tried connecting your iPhone directly by cable to the car? Also, the Owner's Manual mentions the phone needing to be connected on Bluetooth; judging by the photos yours is not.

Regarding the rest, sorry that I cannot help...

Link to Owner's Manual: Jaguar Owner Information

Last edited by jbn; 09-18-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:19 AM

Hi JBN,

Thanks for the feedback... with the cable the Incontrol apps work all fine, like it should....

But as advertised, i should have many apps in the LIVE option (if i understand well)

So far i found one app available online, when i login into my incontrol... a bit weird and useless if its like this...

Also the remote app is questionable.....

Hope someone can help me out here...

Old 09-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have ITC pro but you should have 5 options from the Remote app. The home screen, climate control/remote start, Journeys, Assistance, and Settings.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:21 AM

Hi uab9253,

I know i should have 5 options in the remote app..... but as you can see i only have 4.... does someone know the Jaguar support email account?? i cannot find it on the site...