XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Jaguar neglecting XF Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar neglecting XF Performance?

I understand in almost all Jaguar models that have previously come out, they always wait a year or two to add a performance model. However, this current generation of the XF has been out since 2015, and there has been no mention or even rumors of a new XFR or XF SVR. We have the F Type R, XJR and that's it as far as mass produced performance models with the supercharged 5.0L V8. Yes, they came out with the XE SV8 which was incredible, but that was a very expensive, limited production version. There have been rumors of a F-Pace SVR or R model which makes sense as most of the current market is SUV's and cross overs, so a performance version would probably sell well.

But still no mention at all for the XF and even the XE. I have a 2011 XFR and absolutely love it. I get a ton of looks in it as people have no idea what it is (especially people with performance cars) and have no intention of selling it anytime soon. However, it is sad to see that the new generation of the XF has been out for almost 4 years, and there is no mention at all of a new XFR or XF SVR/SV8. Jaguars sedans bearing the R badge have always sold in low volume and are pretty rare, but they've always offered them. Has Jaguar abandoned the idea of a performance XF/XE?

Old 11-24-2018, 11:45 AM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Yes, as a matter of fact they've even eliminated the V6 option from most of the trims. Then they will complain that sales have dropped.

The XE does have the Project 8, so someone there is thinking about performance, but not many.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:46 PM
Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

Dealers are telling me the sedan is out of favor. If you survey autotrader
dealers are dumping XF sedans and of course the Sportbrake.
i have a 2016 v6 with Velocity tune. I also had from new a
2013 XFR. I think it is up to us if we want a go fast XF. The sedan is
just not selling as a rule for any manufacture. We are in
an electric or suv world at the moment!

The following users liked this post:
Magnumforc (12-24-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stwsam
Dealers are telling me the sedan is out of favor. If you survey autotrader
dealers are dumping XF sedans and of course the Sportbrake.
i have a 2016 v6 with Velocity tune. I also had from new a
2013 XFR. I think it is up to us if we want a go fast XF. The sedan is
just not selling as a rule for any manufacture. We are in
an electric or suv world at the moment!
Is your 2016 a regular XF or XF S? How does your car perform with the tune compared to stock?

Old 11-26-2018, 03:03 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

..... We are in an electric or SUV world at the moment!
This appears to be the current Jaguar obsession to the exclusion of all else. They must be confident of developing a new customer base because it is certainly alienating long standing repeat buyers like myself.

Graham

Old 11-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Look at ford going to 2 sedan models only, going to larger markets now for suv's and trucks

Old 11-26-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Yehaman
Is your 2016 a regular XF or XF S? How does your car perform with the tune compared to stock?
A bit of background. I have an f-type s 6 speed that I run the tune and lower pulley. I just put a new purchase tune only on my non-s prestige. Without the pully, it will break your neck from a dead stop, sport mode 1st gear. It does not pull as hard as the f type with pulley because the pulley adds a bunch of torque. But the tune will blow you away. It also allows the car to redline fully with a strong pull of increasing power to red line. Before, I could feel the car fall off over 5,000 rpm. No longer, it literally screams to redline.

The acceleration say from 45 to 80 happens so fast, you really cannot believe it is the same car. This would crush most of the bmw's out there. Not saying it will run with a M5 but I am saying it is dramatic. I will be adding the pulley in the spring. No since doing it in the dead of a PA winter.

BTW, I had a 2013 XFR with an ECU tuning group super charger pulley and a tune. I ran k&n's with xfr-s rear cans. The car was a screamer, made thunderous sound, but it would not snap of the line like this car with the tune and AWD. Needless to say the new XF handles much better because the XFR was a bit of a boat when you pushed it in the turns. I never drove an XFR-S except around the block so I could not speak to it. My good friend bought my XFR so an impending drag race or two are in the works. But, I want the added pulley first, I like to insure my bets. By spring I am going to attempt to install a set of ftype front and rear rotors and calipers if they bolt up. I installed Carbon Ceramic brakes on the ftype so the brakes are paid for to try on the xf. I currently run ftype staggered 19" propeller wheels on the xf and have no issues. it makes the car more of a head turner with the fatter wheels in the rear. If I can get the brakes to work, I have a set of new Gyrodyne 20" F type wheels to try out.

Anyway, as I said in prior post, at this point if we want a performance XF, we are kind of on our own. thanks for the response!!

Yehaman (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 05:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A bit of background. I have an f-type s 6 speed that I run the tune and lower pulley. I just put a new purchase tune only on my non-s prestige. Without the pully, it will break your neck from a dead stop, sport mode 1st gear. It does not pull as hard as the f type with pulley because the pulley adds a bunch of torque. But the tune will blow you away. It also allows the car to redline fully with a strong pull of increasing power to red line. Before, I could feel the car fall off over 5,000 rpm. No longer, it literally screams to redline.

The acceleration say from 45 to 80 happens so fast, you really cannot believe it is the same car. This would crush most of the bmw's out there. Not saying it will run with a M5 but I am saying it is dramatic. I will be adding the pulley in the spring. No since doing it in the dead of a PA winter.

BTW, I had a 2013 XFR with an ECU tuning group super charger pulley and a tune. I ran k&n's with xfr-s rear cans. The car was a screamer, made thunderous sound, but it would not snap of the line like this car with the tune and AWD. Needless to say the new XF handles much better because the XFR was a bit of a boat when you pushed it in the turns. I never drove an XFR-S except around the block so I could not speak to it. My good friend bought my XFR so an impending drag race or two are in the works. But, I want the added pulley first, I like to insure my bets. By spring I am going to attempt to install a set of ftype front and rear rotors and calipers if they bolt up. I installed Carbon Ceramic brakes on the ftype so the brakes are paid for to try on the xf. I currently run ftype staggered 19" propeller wheels on the xf and have no issues. it makes the car more of a head turner with the fatter wheels in the rear. If I can get the brakes to work, I have a set of new Gyrodyne 20" F type wheels to try out.

Anyway, as I said in prior post, at this point if we want a performance XF, we are kind of on our own. thanks for the response!!
Guess I'm ordering the tune..thanks for the feedback

Old 11-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is this tune you speak of, and who gets my money? I am pretty new to Jaguar's, and I need to know!!!!

MeowMeow (01-18-2019)
Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 AM

who gets the money? The software company like any other tune you are buying.
these guys are well known in the XE and F type forum
Velocity Automotive Performance, Inc.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:19 AM

Our Black Friday Sale runs until November 30th at Midnight. Enter Coupon code 'BF2018' to receive a 25% discount on select exhaust, tuning & lowering spring products for:

- Aston Martin

- Jaguar

- Range Rover

- Audi

- Lamborghini

- McLaren

Shop Now: http://www.velocityap.com/Default.asp

Old 11-29-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Garbone
What is this tune you speak of, and who gets my money? I am pretty new to Jaguar's, and I need to know!!!!
below are the guys. Well know in XE and F type forum

I guess the link above. Sorry for the posting error. Velocity AP.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!
I was getting to the point where I thought there was zero aftermarket support for our cars...this is good to know!

Old 11-29-2018, 11:32 AM
Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

I had 3 Xfs, but had to go with the XJ this time mostly because of the lousy, low-rent interior of the new car.
They should upgrade the sub-KIA interiors first

Last edited by yidal8; 11-29-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Hi Guys,

Our Black Friday sale runs until the end of the day tomorrow. Coupon Code BF2018 will give you 25% off on tuning and pulleys. Tune gets you 416BHP, crank pulley & tune gets you 450 BHP and 440 ft/lbs. We do these across all the JLR platforms so well into the hundreds of vehicles now.

Jaguar F-Type V6 & V8 Supercharger Crank Pulley

Jaguar XF V6 Supercharged ECU Tune 2014-2017MY

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 11-29-2018, 11:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hi Guys,

Our Black Friday sale runs until the end of the day tomorrow. Coupon Code BF2018 will give you 25% off on tuning and pulleys. Tune gets you 416BHP, crank pulley & tune gets you 450 BHP and 440 ft/lbs. We do these across all the JLR platforms so well into the hundreds of vehicles now.

Jaguar F-Type V6 & V8 Supercharger Crank Pulley

Jaguar XF V6 Supercharged ECU Tune 2014-2017MY
I can vouch for the VAP 450 BHP crank pulley and tune, I have had this on my F-Type V6 S for 10 months now and the car really flies.
Not a single problem with the tune or pulley, it now pulls hard all the way to 7,000 RPM where before it started to wilt at around 6,000 RPM, and as an added bonus the supercharger whine went from almost nothing to a nice "scream" at WOT!

Old 12-24-2018, 10:39 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You are spot on. JLR is trying the BMW approach to make so many vehicles that one fits everyone. No exclusivity to own a Jag anymore. Two years ago my 2016 XF was the only one I would see for months on end, now some Jaguar badged vehicle is seen multiple times a week. Like the old Chevy dealer said...There is a seat for every **** and an **** for every seat. Looks like JLR is trying to fit that bill.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stuart - can you let me know how much grief I'm gonna get at the dealer when I bring my car in for service if it has the Pulley and ECU tune...thinking about getting the Quicksilver exhaust as well...I mean am I just gonna bring too much heat and they just cancel the whole warranty on the spot or I got a bit of wiggle room from the wrath?

Old 01-18-2019, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by MeowMeow
Stuart - can you let me know how much grief I'm gonna get at the dealer when I bring my car in for service if it has the Pulley and ECU tune...thinking about getting the Quicksilver exhaust as well...I mean am I just gonna bring too much heat and they just cancel the whole warranty on the spot or I got a bit of wiggle room from the wrath?
VAP recommend that you flash the stock tune back on before taking the car in for a service, as any software updates the dealership might perform as part of the service could be problematic otherwise. You can then flash the VAP tune back again after the service, although you may need to send your now possibly changed stock tune to VAP again so they can redo the enhanced tune and send it back to you.
But I'm not sure how well (or not) the car will run with the larger crank pulley but the stock tune, that could cause a problem or it could be perfectly OK, Stuart would know.
Thing is the ECU keeps a "non-standard calibration" code even after the stock tune has been flashed back and the dealer can/will see it when they connect up their SDD equipment, so there's no hiding the fact that a tune has been applied,
As for warranty the dealership or JLR head office is not going to cancel it just because the tune has been detected, but if you have any engine related problems and try to claim the cost of the repairs under the warranty you are out of luck, your claim will be rejected. JLR will also try to use the tune as an excuse to deny a warranty claim for all sorts of things not just engine related, but you have a chance if you fight it (you will need a lawyer!).

Old 01-18-2019, 09:30 PM

Car runs fine on larger pulley and stock tune when setting to stock for dealer visit. Did this numerous times. You will know if dealer made map changes because VAP powegate runner will give you an error when trying to reload VAP tune. Simply contact VAP and they will help you read your updated JLR tune, adjust theirs and update your tune. Quite easy. But I ran VAP tune years on ftype and never had dealer create a conflict file on my car. But VAP has your back if an adjusted tune is required.

Quick Reply: Jaguar neglecting XF Performance?