XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Live Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Live Traffic

Hi..I'm interested in possibly coming back to jaguar and wondered if someone could tell me on the Pro Navigation system...does the live traffic require that you have your phone connected (and uses data from your phone)? I test drove a Jaguar XF and XE with the advanced nav system and the sales guy didn't know much about it. So, I'm trying to derive what is fact/fiction here with users. I watched a video on YouTube and this guy who was demoing the system said "we have a weak internet connection so only this or that will show" For example, he was looking at HD radio stations (if I recall correctly). So, the essence of what I'm wanting to know is what is dependent on your phone being connected to use what features on the nav system?

P.S. The guy said that you had to log in with your iphone password each time it connects through to the nav system? Is this true?? In my questions above I'm referring to the larger pro system. Thanks!!

thanks for your help!!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

They are not very clear on what you need to do what.

Without a phone attached and I don't have a data plan active for the car, I checked and the nav is still providing traffic information.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Traffic info could be supplied via paid XM radio subscribtion

Old 03-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ololly
Traffic info could be supplied via paid XM radio subscribtion
On some systems it is, not on the XF's system. When I renewed, traffic was not listed as supported by this car (you pay extra for it).