XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Must Have Options

Old 07-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must Have Options

Hi,

Trying to build my 2017 Jaguar XF online and I was curious as to thoughts on must have options/packages while trying to keep cost down. So if you had to make sacrifices which options or packages do you think are "essential" to make owning a Jaguar a true experience ?

Personally I am set on Brogue interior so I think as minimum I need to go with R-Sport for that to be available.

I don't need AWD.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

InControl Touch Pro is the first one I would look at. It adds so much - from the virtual display to the high end Meridian sound system, and has performed flawlessly so far. I waited specifically for the 2017 model year when it first became available.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by steves1101
InControl Touch Pro is the first one I would look at. It adds so much - from the virtual display to the high end Meridian sound system, and has performed flawlessly so far. I waited specifically for the 2017 model year when it first became available.

I agree. I waited for 2017 for the ICTP. I am currently in a loaner and have the ICT. There is a big difference. The only issue I have had is while listening to Sirius it freezes and all I have to do it hit source and go to another source, i.e. my Nano and go back and it unfreezes it. I did have the latest software update recently.

I have the comfort and convenience pack. Besides heated and COOLED front seats it comes with heated rear seats, soft close on doors (which I don't care about) but the soft close on the truck is sure nice.

Last edited by yntski; 07-09-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I have ICT and if I did it again I would go for ICTP (pro) as others have recommended. I felt like the base 380W of the stereo was sufficient so I didn't need the upgrade. What I wish I had (that is Pro) is the ability to customize the driver info panels in the dash. However, some folks prefer the traditional gauges of ICT and aren't as picky as I am about the driver info panel.

I would get the vision pack again. I've had blind spot monitoring in other cars but not cross-traffic and while I don't have anything to compare the cross-traffic to, it seems well done in the Jag. Previous car had lines for backup camera that would move w wheels but I like the extra dotted lines for mirrors in the Jag. I feel like I have an excellent sense of exactly where my car is.

Depending on your life (passengers/streaming media, conducting business on the road) the in-car wifi is nice AND I like that it's only $10 a month added to AT&T bill after the trial vs. a minimum of $30 thru OnStar like in hubby's GM car. My trial just ended and I'm probably going to pay the $10 but no way in hell will I pay the $30. It's not a "have to have" for me (I don't come close to my data limit) but, it's worked out well so I'm glad I have the option.

Someone else will have to pipe in with HUD comments. I don't have it.

But, the big one for me is ICTP. (Note: I have had issues w my base ICT since early on so that is most likely influencing my push to Pro).

Old 07-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with a R-Sport w/Brogue as a lot of goodies are added from the other formats for not a lot of $$.

Mine has Adaptive Dynamics; seemed like a no-brainer at $1K for combined comfort/performance, though I haven't really experienced a vehicle comparison with/without. Anyone?

Comfort and Convenience pack is expendable IMHO, and though I prefer auto trunk/liftgate on cars, the air conditioned seats aren't useful for the brief summer heat spells in northern climes.

While the ICT dash is vanilla, it does the job, and the standard screen and apps are absolutely fine and easy to use. The base stereo is quite good IMHO, and I speak as a longtime fussy-about-my-band-sound musician. It's obviously a personal cost/benefit decision.

I am considering black aftermarket rims.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:31 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Does the new XF come with a winter package including the heated windshield? I had one in an X-Type I owned a few years ago. I miss it every single frosty morning!!

Not having to scrape the windshield (at least not until the ice had loosened) was so very, very, nice, considering that my car is outside and I live in New England...
==================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition"
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green

Old 07-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pab
Does the new XF come with a winter package including the heated windshield? I had one in an X-Type I owned a few years ago. I miss it every single frosty morning!!

Not having to scrape the windshield (at least not until the ice had loosened) was so very, very, nice, considering that my car is outside and I live in New England...
==================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition"
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green
I've always ordered the heated front windshield. Unfortunately its always an option (not expensive), even on the S model but I do agree worth every cent.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Comfort and convenience package and the vision package. I would have liked the better stereo, but I agree as another musician who has a home studio, the sound in the base audio system is pretty spectacular. Would have liked to have had the LCD dashe and the changeable mood lighting in the ICTP upgrade, but I bought off the lot and I got what I got.
It also has adaptive dynamics

Old 07-13-2016, 11:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jms515
Hi,

Trying to build my 2017 Jaguar XF online and I was curious as to thoughts on must have options/packages while trying to keep cost down. So if you had to make sacrifices which options or packages do you think are "essential" to make owning a Jaguar a true experience ?

Personally I am set on Brogue interior so I think as minimum I need to go with R-Sport for that to be available.

I don't need AWD.
I have every option on the 2016 XF S and after a few months driving, it would be difficult to pick out something I could not live without, other than perhaps adaptive cruise control. It works very well but with our freeways being so crowded there just is little chance to realize it's true potential. On a long trip it would be invaluable in my opinion but not for short trips. Plus, I like to drive the car, not have it drive me.

I had the cross traffic sensors on my last vehicle and would not be without them. The warning when backing out of a parking space is great as it also senses people walking near on the sides.

I have the HUD and really like it for basic information and navigation. The '16 model was not available with ICT Pro so no idea how that plays out. If I had the Pro version, the HUD might be overkill.