XF (X260) 2015 onwards

new XF 2017

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new XF 2017

My new car certified used car (8k) miles did not have factory fitted parking sensors installed. It has rear camera but no warnings if you get to close to things. Any suggestions. Dealer sales person said that jaguar only installs options on new cars and does not retrofit options, is this true.?
My car is only 3 days old and already the cops are following me waiting I think for me to go over the speed limit which is soooo easy to do with this car.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by richxf
My new car certified used car (8k) miles did not have factory fitted parking sensors installed. It has rear camera but no warnings if you get to close to things. Any suggestions. Dealer sales person said that jaguar only installs options on new cars and does not retrofit options, is this true.?
My car is only 3 days old and already the cops are following me waiting I think for me to go over the speed limit which is soooo easy to do with this car.
I would speak with Service Manager. Sales people sell cars...

Old 11-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

There is an aftermarket system for parking sensors from ALP that will exceed the performance of anything Jaguar has to offer, and this system will also integrate a radar detector as an option with stealth installation and bluetooth display on your smartphone. Addressing both your concerns!

Did I mention you can set it up to defeat laser speed traps too? This ALP system is the best on the market...period. The cops can still pace you, but if they are hitting you with laser from behind or from the front, they wont "'See" your car for a reading.

The radar detector offered by ALP is also one of the most sensitive and electronically discrete on the market, helping filter out false signals.

AL Priority - The Best Multipurpose Parking System Available

I'll find a pic of my installation and post in a second...look carefully at the grille...you will see the optional radar module just above the growler logo, and the two parking sensors are the smaller and lower modules on each side of the grille.

I cannot say enough good things about this system, I have probably driven by 5 or 6 traps at above the limits, the officers just scratch their heads as I blaze by....

Attached Thumbnails new XF 2017-document.jpg  

Last edited by Austin7; 11-19-2017 at 09:19 AM.