XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Set up Router

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set up Router

I'm trying to set up my WiFi hotspot but keep getting message to set SIM card to connect to network.

What are the settings? Is there something to be done outside the in-car environment?

Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Welcome to the forum Fartleby,

I had to go digging into your registration details to find you have a 2016 XF but there are no further specification details. I'll take a wild guess it has InControl WiFi and you have a compatible phone.

If so, InControl Wi-Fi can be switched on or off using the touch screen. From the Home menu screen, navigate to the Extra features menu screen/s, then select WiFi Hotspot.

The WiFi Hotspot screen displays the Wi-Fi network ID and password. It also allows adjustment of the basic system settings. More advanced settings, including changing your security password and Access Point Name (APN) configuration, can be carried out by accessing the Wi-Fi Hotspot Router menu on your phone.

To access the Wi-Fi Hotspot Router menu:
1. from the WiFi Hotspot screen, select Help.
2. the Wi-Fi Hotspot router address displays on the touch screen. Copy this address into your phone’s internet browser. The Wi-Fi Hotspot Router menu displays on your phone. Log in using the details displayed on the Help screen.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 04-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Graham - good guess. I've done what you suggest but keep getting a message to insert a SIM (which I have done). I've logged onto the Wi-Fi Hotspot router and that's where I get lost as I don't know the settings for the various options - is there a guide to what these settings should be?

I can connect to the car Wi-Fi but there is no network connectivity so I'm assuming that the router settings are wrong as the SIM does work elsewhere.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:40 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

I suspected the SIM but, assuming the car is new to you rather than you've had it from new, you could be hitting a problem from the PO's configuration settings.

A "hard reset" is the nuclear option for removing settings from volatile memory but is best left as a last resort.

Have you gone through the Jaguar Owner's Handbook website for inspiration? Here's a link to the UK spec 2016 XF section:
Jaguar Owner Information

Worrying that the SIM works elsewhere as a hardware fault with the InControl is likely to be a frightening cost.

Graham

Old 04-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Fartleby

I can connect to the car Wi-Fi but there is no network connectivity so I'm assuming that the router settings are wrong as the SIM does work elsewhere.
what do you mean by this? Is this a phone card you pulled from your phone? I suspect this card should be configured as access point as if you were planning to use it in your tablet (or devise other than your phone - hotspot for example. No voice...)

I would call to your network provider and confirm this.