XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Three weird issues, curious if anyone else is having them;

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Three weird issues, curious if anyone else is having them;

My car is scheduled to go in the shop on Friday for the Jaguar Vehicle Enhancement Update. Dealer suggests they will have my car for a week and will be dropping off an F-Pace loaner. While in the shop, I'm sure all will be addressed and resolved although I'm curious if I'm a lone wolf here with some additional issues in my X260.

1) SOS Limited Availability alert warning comes and goes pretty much every day. Sometimes I have no warning light and everything is good, other times the warning light appears.
2) When locked, after a few hours alarm goes off (very sporadic). Everything points to the hood/bonnet as when I figure out how to access the last alarm prompt in the vehicle information screen, it informs me that it was triggered by the bonnet. I have to believe it's a bad sensor. Today when I was driving the car alerted me that hood was open, then all was good, then it was open again. The hood was clearly closed and latched the entire time.
3) This leads me to this Vehicle Information menu, I can't seem to consistantly access the oil level or where the last alarm was...sometimes I can access the last alarm but it's very inconsistent. However, I can always access tire pressure information.

I've read the manual several times, and I love the car...drives and performs wonderful. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, who knows....dealer will have an opportunity to get everything sorted out.

Am I alone, or is anyone else having similar frustrations.

Thanks - Jeffrey
2016 XF Prestige AWD

Old 05-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

As for #1, could be a loose connection in the roof console. haven't seen any issues with this system as its still fairly new.
#2 - Most likely the latch that has the sensor has failed.
#3 - This could be a software issue, as there has been a bulletin for software update due to Service Interval not clearing, the Jag dealer should be able to look up if your vehicle falls into VIN range for this.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 345 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Yehaman
My car is scheduled to go in the shop on Friday for the Jaguar Vehicle Enhancement Update. ......
Let us know what the software update includes please. I've received a notice to schedule service for the update but have no issues so I'm hesitant. As far as the oil level.....I think the car is particular about when you check it. It has to be X time since the motor is turned off (10 minutes?) and the motor has to be sufficiently warm.

The following users liked this post:
Yehaman (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 02:12 AM
jbn
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For #3 there is a slight variation in the Vehicle Information menu that shows when the engine running as opposed to when just the ignition is on. Probably varies according to your exact configuration but for example with ignition on I can see a Service sub menu containing estimated range based on current level of Adblue (diesel engine) plus time/distance to next service; with the engine running this does not show.

The following users liked this post:
Yehaman (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 08:42 AM

#3 resolved, thank you mleskovar and jbn

Old 05-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had #1 happen to me once in the last few months. It came on, but then went away after less than a minute. From what I understand, it relies on the cellular network in the area, so its possible the nearest cell tower it connected to was having issues. But since it has only happened once, I can't say for sure.

As for #3 - I don't think I've ever been able to see the oil level for some reason. I'll have to look at the manual to figure out the steps to view it.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:05 PM

As mleskovar and jan stated, my #3 issue (actually non-issue) is only available with the ignition on and the engine off (not running).

if you press the start button, and do not put your foot on the brake you will have access to this information.