XF (X260) 2015 onwards

What brought you to an new XF?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:01 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts
Default What brought you to an new XF?

Hey, wondering what and why you guys ended up owning an new XF?

There has been a lot of chatter over on the S-Type list of how S-Type owners aren't really interested in owing a current Jaguar, other than F-Types, particularly due to the current styling.

Everyone over there thinks the current Jaguar don't seem visually distinctive and don't really see anything that sets them apart from Audis, BMWs, Mercs, Teslas. No one can figure out why someone would own a Jaguar if nobody knew what it was...

So, what brought you to a Jaguar and would buy another XF or an XE, etc.?

Personally, when my car reaches the end of the road I believe that I will look for a CPO XK coupe, 5.0 NA.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '08 S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past Ours: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green

Old 03-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a green XF R-Sport is on order, dealer said it will be a 2017. Love my Merc E class, and originally planned on waiting for the next generation, but I became impatient last fall. I've chosen the XF because I wanted something more nimble than the E Class, yet the Jag also seems to offer a comfortable ride- I ordered the Adaptive Dynamics and hope this will help me get either as required.

I initially liked the new E Class interior, but it seems way too busy and reminiscent of costume jewelry looking at today's photos.

I agree that the XF isn't the head turner it could be. The rear end is particularly generic, but it's still an attractive vehicle. There are so many boring Mercs and BMWs on the road, and Audi is too bland.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheluxe
I have a green XF R-Sport is on order, dealer said it will be a 2017.
I'm confused. 2017? When do you expect delivery? Any differences from the 2016 that you noticed?

Old 03-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

None that I am aware, other than the possibility that Adaptive Dynamics may be included on the R-Sport rather than as a $1K option. There is the unknown... I ordered it in January before we left for a Winter trip away from the icy weather, and we hope it will be in by the end of April or early May. That is apparently the cusp of the year changeover, and I had a choice of a '16 or to wait for a '17, so there may be a delay. I understand since the XE and FPace will come out as '17 models, the are just bringing the XF along to be in sync.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that. Interesting. I'm guessing that means no substantive changes ...

Old 03-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All, I just joined this site today and am in the market for a 2016/17 XF-S. This seemed like the perfect thread to be my 1st post. I have my financing in hand and just need to find the car. I am a BMW 535 owner at the moment. My car is getting up there in age (11' w 67K miles) but she still drives great. To answer the authors original question, I am going to own a new XF-S because I believe that this vehicle deliver's the most bang for the buck of any vehicle in it's class. IMO the XF-S is a great balance of power, style, functionality and fun. The car does so many things well. I agree with the other poster here that the back end is a little boring (it might be just the tail lights) but the rest of the car is very sharp. Anyway I do have another question which is off topic to this thread so I will post in a new thread, hope you guys can help me figure it our so I can make my purchasing decision. Tnx

Old 10-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zdrd2000
Hello All, I just joined this site today and am in the market for a 2016/17 XF-S. This seemed like the perfect thread to be my 1st post. I have my financing in hand and just need to find the car. I am a BMW 535 owner at the moment. My car is getting up there in age (11' w 67K miles) but she still drives great. To answer the authors original question, I am going to own a new XF-S because I believe that this vehicle deliver's the most bang for the buck of any vehicle in it's class. IMO the XF-S is a great balance of power, style, functionality and fun. The car does so many things well. I agree with the other poster here that the back end is a little boring (it might be just the tail lights) but the rest of the car is very sharp. Anyway I do have another question which is off topic to this thread so I will post in a new thread, hope you guys can help me figure it our so I can make my purchasing decision. Tnx

By now you have presumably bought your XF-S. I replaced my 2011 BMW 528i with the 2016 Jaguar XF AWD Prestige which is more than adequate for my driving uses. It beats the 528i hands down. I test drove a C300, examined the E class, the Audi6(my 2nd choice) and of course BMW. I am satisfied with my choice. Best wishes
AL