XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Xf 3.0 reinstalling hoses to throttle

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 12:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Xf 3.0 reinstalling hoses to throttle

Hey I’m new here and kind of learning how to fix things as problems arise but I am having a 🤬 of a time getting these large air intake ? Hoses back on. Is there so trick to this? I feel like I need a shoe horn or something . Also, I replaced the connector from the water inlet / outlet valve that connects to the engine block. Does the rubber ring go inside? Is there a safe way to do this without tearing it? I can’t find a diagram for my engine online and I rely mostly on what I’ve been reading on here and YouTube. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This piece was broken off in the valve under one of the bigplastic hoses . I know I sound like an idiot I don’t know the name for it. Help me learn lol

Connects to this I am replacing it with copper.

This is the ring I’m worried about the old one was pushed inside sideways I had to fish it out with hooked pliers

This is how I have it now I don’t want to force it in and rip it , I am also unsure if it goes on the outside or inside , if anyone knows , I’d love some advice. Also my tools are limited 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’ll attach pics of the hoses next . I have to sort this first anyway. The hoses connect to the throttle , large hard plastic hoses

Old 05-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-24-2024, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pepix
Thank you so much! I will check that out.

Old 05-24-2024, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nmg3693
Hey I’m new here and kind of learning how to fix things as problems arise but I am having a 🤬 of a time getting these large air intake ? Hoses back on. Is there so trick to this? I feel like I need a shoe horn or something . Also, I replaced the connector from the water inlet / outlet valve that connects to the engine block. Does the rubber ring go inside? Is there a safe way to do this without tearing it? I can’t find a diagram for my engine online and I rely mostly on what I’ve been reading on here and YouTube. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This piece was broken off in the valve under one of the bigplastic hoses . I know I sound like an idiot I don’t know the name for it. Help me learn lol

Connects to this I am replacing it with copper.

This is the ring I’m worried about the old one was pushed inside sideways I had to fish it out with hooked pliers

This is how I have it now I don’t want to force it in and rip it , I am also unsure if it goes on the outside or inside , if anyone knows , I’d love some advice. Also my tools are limited 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’ll attach pics of the hoses next . I have to sort this first anyway. The hoses connect to the throttle , large hard plastic hoses
I just wanted to update, I have reattached the large hard plastic hoses that connect to the throttle there. I used a little Vaseline on the outer edge and it worked instantly.