XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XM and exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XM and exhaust questions

So after buying the car and getting home I realized Jaguar is apparently the only car company that doesn't have XM ready as a standard. What has anyone done to add XM? I know we can do the little standalone units that connect via aux (or even worse fm) but there's really no place to mount one plus I hate to have an afterthought mounted in a new car. Is there really and truly no way to get XM in a car that came without it?

And secondly and a totally different topic. What options are out there for a base 35t as far as changing the exhaust tips? I liked the previous generation supercharged curved tips MUCH more than the two round tips more in the middle of the car that I've got now. They just don't say "power" to me. Anyone done anything different? On the website it looks to me like all the models are the same and there's no other option.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:53 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by buffyfan
So after buying the car and getting home I realized Jaguar is apparently the only car company that doesn't have XM ready as a standard. What has anyone done to add XM? I know we can do the little standalone units that connect via aux (or even worse fm) but there's really no place to mount one plus I hate to have an afterthought mounted in a new car. Is there really and truly no way to get XM in a car that came without it?
Not sure whether it is possible to add the XM hardware after the fact, but I wouldn't bother with it. If you have a current XM subscription just install the app on your phone and stream via Bluetooth. also works with Spotify etc...

Old 09-13-2017, 07:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ololly
Not sure whether it is possible to add the XM hardware after the fact, but I wouldn't bother with it. If you have a current XM subscription just install the app on your phone and stream via Bluetooth. also works with Spotify etc...
I ran into the same issue, after I purchase the car. Totally missed it prior to purchasing the car. I've been told several times that we can't add the Xm module and the only way to do it is either order a new XF with it or stream it via your phone. In my car it sounds better when I have the phone connected via USB verse streaming bluetooth but that's my opinion.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:46 PM

This is going to be the wife's daily and she shot down the idea of streaming fairly quickly. She both doesn't want to mess with the phone while driving and doesn't want the extra data usage. Looks like I'll be looking into the crappy add on xm devices after all

Am I the only one that thinks the twin exhaust pipes look rather wimpy on the current model? And unless I'm wrong they seem to be on all trims. I really miss the previous models pipes!

Old 09-14-2017, 02:02 PM

This is going to be the wife's daily and she shot down the idea of streaming fairly quickly. She both doesn't want to mess with the phone while driving and doesn't want the extra data usage. Looks like I'll be looking into the crappy add on xm devices after all

Am I the only one that thinks the twin exhaust pipes look rather wimpy on the current model? And unless I'm wrong they seem to be on all trims. I really miss the previous models pipes!
At first yes, I agree with you and had that same thought when I was first looking at the car. Was looking at the one I bought and two CPO 2015's (one black sport and one portfolio). I got over it real quick....doesn't bother me and I don't see it since I'm driving it. Now, if your following your wife around that might be a different story. My wife loves the XF too, and I tell her to take it all the time. She's holding out for a J-Pace.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 PM

The wife was actually wanting an F-Pace (she's had SUV's for years and was coming from an SRX) but saw a 2013 XF on a lot and decided she liked it. Ended up with a killer deal on a "used" (1,800 miles) 2017. Apparently the first owner bought it then came back for an XJL because the XF was too small. The eventual goal is to get myself an F-Type to keep the XF company in the garage. I really want an R but there's a 2014 sitting at the dealership in the exact color combination I want that was very tempting! Maybe I'll get over the pipes eventually but right now I think someone needs to make an aftermarket rear panel and some prior bodystyle pipes for it IMO! I DO spend too much time behind it!

Old 09-14-2017, 02:39 PM

The wife was actually wanting an F-Pace (she's had SUV's for years and was coming from an SRX) but saw a 2013 XF on a lot and decided she liked it. Ended up with a killer deal on a "used" (1,800 miles) 2017. Apparently the first owner bought it then came back for an XJL because the XF was too small. The eventual goal is to get myself an F-Type to keep the XF company in the garage. I really want an R but there's a 2014 sitting at the dealership in the exact color combination I want that was very tempting! Maybe I'll get over the pipes eventually but right now I think someone needs to make an aftermarket rear panel and some prior bodystyle pipes for it IMO! I DO spend too much time behind it!
Funny, the black XF sport showed up on my wife's facebook page one day when I was sort of car shopping. I never thought it would have showed up on her facebook page???, and she calls over to me "Are you looking at a Jaguar?""No honey", I replied. She say's "Come look at this car, it looks really nice" I get up, walk over and am like what the heck. I respond, oh just forget about that car..well, it is really nice and I bet I drives really nice. I bet I can score a really good deal on it. Look the local Jaguar dealer has been sitting on it for over 60 days....

Well, they might not have budged on that used XF on it but they gave me 28% off a new one and 5 years of warranty and maintenance for just 4k more....

Enjoy your XF, and get that F-Type...

Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM

So the wife found out today that the car is smarter than she is. She walked out to put a bunch of stuff in the trunk and when she went to close it with the button it just beeped at her. She couldn't figure out why it wouldn't close until she realized she'd set her purse in the trunk too and in the purse was the key. XF - 1 Wife - 0

The following users liked this post:
uab9253 (10-04-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2016 came with SiriusXM as a source option on the radio, not sure why yours wouldn't? I even qualified for the free trial period and I bought it pre-owned.

You might try a local Best Buy or car electronics shop (are there any left?) for ideas. Those shops can be full of alternate ideas or suggestions.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

So the wife found out today that the car is smarter than she is. She walked out to put a bunch of stuff in the trunk and when she went to close it with the button it just beeped at her. She couldn't figure out why it wouldn't close until she realized she'd set her purse in the trunk too and in the purse was the key. XF - 1 Wife - 0
Thanks for my morning chuckle!!