XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 Jaguar XF Turbo install?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Jaguar XF Turbo install?

Anybody know if it it's possible and/or what it would take to turbo a 2010 Jaguar XF? It's a 4.2L V8... I've seen some on sale online that say they are specifically for this model but not sure what it would take to do, just seeing if anyone has done this or knows anything about doing this. Any feedback would be great!

Old 07-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 469 Likes on 279 Posts

It's certainly possible, but not without a lot of work.

First thing to bear in mind is that a lot of sellers online will advertise something as specifically for a certain model when in fact they have no idea whether it would fit - so you're doing the the right thing by coming to the forums to check.

Most people will tell you that it will cost you more to turbo your existing engine than it would be to simply sell your car and buy a more powerful one (like the 5.0 V8 Supercharged), but I appreciate that's not the question you asked. I'd imagine that to do this, you will need at a minimum:

* Forged pistons (these are available online)
* 2x turbos (because it's a V8). And don't cheap out on these buying turbos listed on eBay as fitting this car unless you want bits of metal in your engine. I'm sure people with more turbo knowledge could recommend some.
* Custom exhaust manifolds. These definitely won't be cheap.
* Likely bigger injectors
* Custom engine management, including mapping
* All the ancilliaries: oil feed/returns for both turbos (and finding a place to tap these safely), intake piping from turbos, intercooler, etc.

All of this is likely to add up to a huge amount of money (and time, which depending on your skillset can equal more money) whichever way you look at it, which is why people almost always recommend just buying a more powerful car in the first place.

It's only when you start with the most powerful car as your base and you're looking for BIG power that it makes remote economic sense to consider this kind of work, and then of course you're into big money.

The following users liked this post:
Dfern12 (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the timely reply!

I had figured it was going to be complicated and that thinking it would be easy would be simply naïve, which is why I thought the forums would be a good place to come to.. and I'm glad I came!

Sounds like a lot more than my budget would allow anyways, just thought I'd see if there was any simple way for it to be done. I've just barely been looking into things I can do in terms of upgrading my car, I've had a lot of fun just researching and I'm just trying to learn as much as possible before actually doing anything.

Again thank you so much for the help!

Old 07-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

you could go the squires turbo route. it is remote mounted in the rear.