XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

ABS Sensor Pocket Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ABS Sensor Pocket Replacement

Hi,

Just had the common "ABS and DSC fault" on my 2010 Jag XF Premium Lux 3.0L Auto. Did some research on here (many thanks) and after nothing untoward seen when inspecting ABS sensors or reluctor rings, I decided to have the code read. Front drivers side ABS sensor was the culprit!

After a call to the local Jag dealer and being quoted £130 for a new sensor, I decided to purchase a second hand tested sensor off Ebay, which i duly fitted.

Codes now cleared and all fault indications cleared - happy dayz!

Problem: When removing the clip to remove the defective sensor, part of the plastic (?) moulding on the back of the hub cap that the ABS sensor locates into snapped off. This now means that the sensor cannot be held securely in place using the sprung retaining clip. Whilst I could just try and "bodge" something to hold it in place, is it possible to replace what appears to be the plastic cap on the rear of the hub (which contains the ABS sensor pocket) without having to replace the whole hub? If so, what is the actual part called? Does anyone have a part number please? Anyone know where I can get one?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

You might be able to source it from Fords connector catalog, it's a PDF, model year specific download. Just Google it. I was able to source a new cam phase sensor plug for my XFR from it.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2012 XF similar issue

i have a similar issue with my 2012 XF. how hard was replacing the sensor? i looked at where mine is and see the connection at the wheel, but can't figure out where the darn thing runs to and connects, at the abs module. thanks