XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

any ideas on 2010 xfr exhaust,sc pulley,power chip etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas on 2010 xfr exhaust,sc pulley,power chip etc.

i want to put a nice sounding exhaust and some other power mods but im not sure about how the car will react with all that. should i put the stuff on then have it tuned?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by BigD660
i want to put a nice sounding exhaust and some other power mods but im not sure about how the car will react with all that. should i put the stuff on then have it tuned?
Not much to do as our car is not heavily supported with aftermarket performance. You could add exhaust but will only notice a difference in sound. There are a few vendors that make a exhaust for our cars. I have the Mina rear boxes. You could do hi flow cats, and you would be the first for the XF. Pulley, again a few places sell but I would buy the Mina. A air filter would make no difference but sound as well. The best combo as of now is exhaust, pulley, and a tune. Remember, the tunes for our cars are not custom to your mods. They are canned tunes so you putting a bunch of bolt ons and thinking your gonna get a tune is not happening. Look up BigCat, he has done about all you can do on our cars outside of hi flow cats or internal engine work.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:13 PM

Ohh, Chris over at TCPerformance just put together a beautiful upper intake for our cars, it eliminates the two snorkels and gives a smooth flow of air. Looks great!!! When I get back from Michagan I'm placing my order.

The following users liked this post:
Blackcoog (11-11-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesnt even need any mods being how fast it is already but a figured a little more couldnt hurt lol. i was looking at ardens cat back system but i dont want to buy an exhaust based on what i hear off my computer speakers. i already have k&n air filters but i dont expect much from that other than hopefully making the hwy mpg a little better. any preferences on exhaust?

Old 09-02-2013, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by BigD660
it doesnt even need any mods being how fast it is already but a figured a little more couldnt hurt lol. i was looking at ardens cat back system but i dont want to buy an exhaust based on what i hear off my computer speakers. i already have k&n air filters but i dont expect much from that other than hopefully making the hwy mpg a little better. any preferences on exhaust?
If I did it all over again, which I may. I would probably go with the new Paramount sports exhaust. There is a vid of it, but it is aggresive, there is no mufflers. But I like that sound. My only thing is I'm worried about the drone, I get a little in my cabin and I have the Mina exhaust. But you could replace your center resonater with one Varex and then you could open or close the butterfly as needed. I'm really considering doing some hi flow cats. It would be a first and that seems to be where the most restriction is on our cars. But they are pricey. I will probably buy some magnaflow and use my existing pipes, just cut out the stock and weld in the new. Not sure yet.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Saw an article on a 2012 XFR being modded in European Car magazine. They did a custom exhaust, Mina pulley and their own tune. It was a shop in So.Cal. so I'm very interested to see what they were able to get with regard to power and price compared with others I've seen. They are supposed to release the dyno info. next month and I'll update when I see the article which hopefully has prices.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arden exhaust

I've owned 4 BMW M5's and decided to go back the Jaguar. I bought an XFR and love it! I'd like to know if anybody has the Arden exhaust. the UTUBE sounds clip sounds GREAT! does anyone have that exhaust and would welcome comments as far as any drone at 1500-2000 rpm. how does it sounds under acceleration? can you hear the great sound with windows open?

Old 11-08-2013, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
Saw an article on a 2012 XFR being modded in European Car magazine. They did a custom exhaust, Mina pulley and their own tune. It was a shop in So.Cal. so I'm very interested to see what they were able to get with regard to power and price compared with others I've seen. They are supposed to release the dyno info. next month and I'll update when I see the article which hopefully has prices.
Called that company. The name is GSR, all they did was a Mina Pulley and Spires coil over with Eibach springs. And the exhaust was just a axle back like the Mina. They used Vibrant mufflers.