XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

auxiliary "key" position

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default auxiliary "key" position

The one frustration I have with the keyless ignition is that if I - for example- leave the sunroof open after turning the car off, I then have to restart the car to close the sunroof or operate the windows.

In a car with a key, I would simply turn the key to the auxiliary position and operate windows etc.

Is there an equivalent procedure with the XF (mines a 2011 if it makes any difference)? Can you operate windows/sunroof witht he engine off?

thanks,
ken

Old 09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just press the start button without foot on the brake....same as aux key position

Old 09-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

My Canadian spec XF also has global close/open. To open or close all windows and sunroof (or any that are open or closed as the case may be) with ignition off simply press and hold the lock button in the car or on the remote until all windows and sunroof are closed, or the unlock button to open. Also works with ignition on or engine running.

Very nice feature on a very hot day to global open all windows and the sunroof as you approach the car, then drive off and global close all as the AC turns cool enough.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jagular
My Canadian spec XF also has global close/open. To open or close all windows and sunroof (or any that are open or closed as the case may be) with ignition off simply press and hold the lock button in the car or on the remote until all windows and sunroof are closed, or the unlock button to open. Also works with ignition on or engine running.

Very nice feature on a very hot day to global open all windows and the sunroof as you approach the car, then drive off and global close all as the AC turns cool enough.
US cars have this, too. It's buried in the setup menus somewhere, as I stumbled across it one day. Default is non-enabled. Find it and enable it. I think there are choices to separately turn on global open and turn on global close. I turned on only global close on mine. I was worried a stray signal might tell my car to open itself up...when it's raining.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 AM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Spd
US cars have this, too. It's buried in the setup menus somewhere, as I stumbled across it one day. Default is non-enabled. Find it and enable it. I think there are choices to separately turn on global open and turn on global close. I turned on only global close on mine. I was worried a stray signal might tell my car to open itself up...when it's raining.
And exactly what is this "raining" of which you speak?????

Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CP1
Dusting? I seriously hope you guys down there have some decent amount of rain soon. We have had droughts in California before and I know they're no fun.

Maybe it works like Murphy's Law. If you program your car so there's a risk that you come back to it and all the windows are down and the roof is open, and it does that, it will rain!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Spd
It's in the vehicle settings, but on some models, like my 2010, it won't stay enabled. It will automatically revert back to disabled. If that's the case, your dealer can enable it for free, as they did with mine. That allows you to close all windows by pressing just the door lock button on the console, and also allows closing all windows + SR if you press the little black square on the door handle and hold it down. You can't close things up from the outside of the car using the remote (I suppose for safety reasons).

Old 09-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CP1
I have been dying to find out how much fun I can have in this XFR thing in the rain! I reckon it is now the best part of a year since we last saw a proper downfall here, might be waiting a while yet.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the closing of the windows with just the smart key accessible with a 2009 XF? Please say yes because this feature is a must!