XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Bluetooth phone connection keeps dropping

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Update on my LG phone -- since I was still under warranty on the phone, I told them about the Bluetooth dropping issue. They sent me a new phone, but that drops also, but not quite as regularly as the old one did.

Last edited by Long Islander; 10-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Received 969 Likes on 642 Posts

For those of you in North America that have made sure your phone is listed as fully compatible by checking the Jaguar Bluetooth website, there MAY be a software correction newly available. Attached is a new bulletin addressing RE-CONNECTION issues with an already paired phone. IF you have an issue as listed in the Situation: paragraph, see your friendly dealer and ask for the Bluetooth software update.

Cheers,

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JTB00232NAS1Noted.pdf (45.7 KB, 689 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by xjrguy:
Cadillac (08-27-2011), Need4Spd (08-28-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Just picked up my new to me 2010 SC and it was doing this every 30 mins with my blackberry 9800 torch on my drive to NC to Toronto.

Phone works perfectly everywhere else so its something on the Jag side.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by xjrguy
For those of you in North America that have made sure your phone is listed as fully compatible by checking the Jaguar Bluetooth website, there MAY be a software correction newly available. Attached is a new bulletin addressing RE-CONNECTION issues with an already paired phone. IF you have an issue as listed in the Situation: paragraph, see your friendly dealer and ask for the Bluetooth software update.

Cheers,
Thanks for posting the bulletin.

Oddly, mine dropped the connection often during my early ownership of the car. I found that turning off the wifi helped it not happen as often, but it still drove me nuts, so I tried re-pairing it. I've since turned wifi back on all the time (I kept forgetting to turn it off/on), and since re-pairing, have not had the dropped connection problem like I did before. I've now driven the car a few thousand miles and in the last couple thousand, required re-connection again only once.

FWIW, I will still seek the software update (can't hurt) and my phone is listed as compatible (Apple 3GS). Jaguar USA - JAGUAR BLUETOOTH® CONNECTIVITY

Old 10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samsung Bluetooth keeps dropping but iPhone 3GS does not

On the Jag XF 2010, I had lot of problems with My Samsung Captivate (AT&T) with Android 2,2 dropping the bluetooth. My wife did not have the same problem with her iPhone 3GS.

The Samsung does not drop in my Prius 2010.

Now the Samsung is history, I have a Motorola Atrix and its still quite new so not sure if that will have problems.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

My phone just started doing this the other day. It is so frustrating.... I have a HTC HD7 phone and recently updated to the Windows 7.5 "Mango" update. I love the update but now bluetooth drops about every 15 seconds. I've tried repairing the phone, rebooting the phone, etc. No luck yet. I will try bringing the car to the dealer to see if they can perform that bluetooth update.

BTW my wife has the exact same phone and it works great in her 08 MKX. I'm going to have to try her phone in my car tonight.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:32 PM

I am going in tomorrow morning. Will report back. Dropped my Blackberry 9800 and now same symptoms with 9900.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member

I tried my wife's phone and the same thing happened. I guess I either have to revert back to my old phone software or avoid using bluetooth. Every windows 7 phone on the market saw this update so that means anyone with a Jag XF will have problems. Hopefully Jag starts testing it out and an update is released for the car.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Software update on the car last week made no difference for me. Tech popped his head out and said that it was a Jag weakness and that its a common problem with no fix.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM

Has anyone updated their iPhones to OS5 or have the new iPhone 4s yet? If so, is the Bluetooth connection stable? I've been wary of upgrading to the new OS5 due to worries that the Bluetooth implementation might be "different" by enough to run me into pairing/dropping issues. Currently my 3GS phone is stably connected with the last OS4 sub-version (I turned off the address book feature in the car).

Old 10-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

My understanding is to, isthat if you recieve a email it disconnects. Youde have to talk with someone that has this cause i know we hear it here too and its from emails. Ill see if i can find anymore info. All the advisors have iphones and theyre the ones that discuse these issues with customers cause it vitually never in the tech side for a problem

Old 10-17-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brutal
My understanding is to, isthat if you recieve a email it disconnects. Youde have to talk with someone that has this cause i know we hear it here too and its from emails. Ill see if i can find anymore info. All the advisors have iphones and theyre the ones that discuse these issues with customers cause it vitually never in the tech side for a problem
Maybe, but not all the time, at least in my case. I don't have that lengthy a commute, but I usually check email before leaving home and by the time I'm at the office, have a bunch of new emails pending. If it disconnected each time, I'd probably have 5-10 disconnects on the way to work. I rarely ever get a disconnect since turning off the address book (it's been at least several weeks since the last one - knock on wood!).

I think I'll not tempt fate and wait until we get some feedback on OS5 before I upgrade. I did that once on my prior car (can't remember what OS ver. I was upgrading to, but it was an iPhone), and lost all connectivity! Since it's not easy to downgrade to the older OS with an iPhone, I've learned my BT lesson and will wait!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default update...

I wanted to post an update for you all, maybe this will help someone else.

I was having occasional drops with my HTC Imagio (which ran WinMo 6.x), and so I jumped to an Android phone, the Samsung Charge.

This phone was shipped with Froyo (2.2.1) and I immediately loaded a custom ROM, also using a Froyo build. For a few months, I had very few drops, but at some point, likely resulting from some ROM update, I began having Bluetooth drops constantly... a few times every time I drove the car.

A couple weeks ago I did a factory wipe and installed a Gingerbread ROM... and have not had a single drop since. I suspect the Bluetooth APK files in Gingerbread play much more nicely with the XF.

I know many of the posts in this thread indicate iPhone users, and of the droid users, many may already be running Gingerbread, but, if you are running Froyo and have the ability to update to a Gingerbread ROM, I would highly recommend trying that to possibly fix the BT problem.

Jeff

Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Veteran Member

Update on my phone dropping issues:

I told the dealer about my issues and they said there was no bluetooth update available for my car. They performed an injector flush while the car was in there and ever since I got the car back my phone works perfectly...... WTF? No issues dropping what so ever. I never changed anything on my phone? The Dealer never did anything other than try to pair one of their phones which worked fine. I'm wondering if they reset the battery during the engine work and that was the fix? I'd say pop the battery cable off for 30 mins and see if that fixes any bluetooth dropping issues you may have. It can't hurt and it isn't much work.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
Update on my phone dropping issues:

I told the dealer about my issues and they said there was no bluetooth update available for my car. They performed an injector flush while the car was in there and ever since I got the car back my phone works perfectly...... WTF? No issues dropping what so ever. I never changed anything on my phone? The Dealer never did anything other than try to pair one of their phones which worked fine. I'm wondering if they reset the battery during the engine work and that was the fix? I'd say pop the battery cable off for 30 mins and see if that fixes any bluetooth dropping issues you may have. It can't hurt and it isn't much work.
It is possible they disconnected the battery while they had it, but my guess is the switching out of the phones probably fixed the bug in yours. We have found blowing the phone out and re-pairing corrects lots of strange quirks. Can't explain it, but I know it works quite often.

Cheers,

Old 11-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member

I tried deleting the phone and repairing it. Nothing changed. I tried my wife's phone (same phone) and it still had issues. No change when I went back to mine. After the dealer serviced it (tried another phone and reset the battery) now it works fine. Now I'm never going to touch the settings. lol

Old 11-11-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
I tried deleting the phone and repairing it. Nothing changed. I tried my wife's phone (same phone) and it still had issues. No change when I went back to mine. After the dealer serviced it (tried another phone and reset the battery) now it works fine. Now I'm never going to touch the settings. lol

Last edited by xjrguy; 11-11-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Default Iphone 6 bluetooth issues

My iPhone 6 bluetooth connection breaks up and often drops in our jaguars and in my new range rover, but this didn't happen in the porsche cayenne that I just traded in for the range rover. Anyone have a similar issue? It doesn't matter if I'm on a phone call, or listening to music.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Default Jaguar xe loosing bluetooth connection

Originally Posted by IanHardee
Thanks for the suggestion, but it isn't my phone going into sleep-mode that is the problem. Whenever I want to use bluetooth in the car I switch it to discoverable mode and I know (from using it with other devices including other bluetooth headsets, and from the display on the phone itself) that it stays in that mode and doesn't go into sleep mode. It isn't an iPhone, by the way.
I have the exact same problem, my car is 2017 and my phone is the brand new Samsung s10 and visable and awake yet it always drops the connection. At first i worked out that when my phone has low or no signal it drops the connection, but it shouldn't do this anyway. But now i drops the connection whenever and when im playing music its really annoying. I to have no idea how to fix it but would love if someone could help.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bluetooth drop

Originally Posted by Rachel Rees
I have the exact same problem, my car is 2017 and my phone is the brand new Samsung s10 and visable and awake yet it always drops the connection. At first i worked out that when my phone has low or no signal it drops the connection, but it shouldn't do this anyway. But now i drops the connection whenever and when im playing music its really annoying. I to have no idea how to fix it but would love if someone could help.
My 2016 XF has the same problem. The dealer told me that it is a compatability issue between android op system and the car. Affects land rovers as well. They have promised an update for months but time just keeps marching on. If this is true a lot of owners should have the issue, but the dealer seemed clueless and surprised, so I am not sure that I am getting the full story. I wish I had a way around the issue as my work phone isn't going to change. Anyone know of a way to escalate an issue beyond the dealer?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth phone connection keeps dropping