XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Burning Bridges

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

I wish there was more I could do for you. I remember having a NAV button go out but I cannot recall the resolution. Please keep on the dealer and Jaguar. We had a problem with our Wrangler and were very persitent. It paid off although the stupid thing still leaks cause its a POS.

The following users liked this post:
Wife's Tech (05-18-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Waiting on a call from the dealership after dropping the car off yesterday morning... For what it's worth, they were overly accommodating and apologetic about my last experience. I also had the chance to politely explain my frustrations and concerns in a "classy" manor rather than an angry tirade (which would have happened last week). Pointed out all my concerns with their work to the service manager and he listened with concern. This is what really got to me last time... we have a long-standing relationship with this dealership and I was being treated like a stranger... The manager of the dealership sat down with my wife and I yesterday while waiting on a loaner car and spoke of a bad situation that unfolded at their shop, coincidentally, the same time my car was there last time... I'm not one to hold grudges either so moving forward; I have a better feeling about things.
Just thought I would say good things when they happen... or potentially happen

Old 05-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Default Frustrated

Car has been in the shop for two weeks tomorrow I have to say, I've never had a "new" car that has been at a shop for this long in my life! It also is in a garage whenever not in use and I'm hoping this is the case at the shop, but somehow, I don't think so. Just posting an update and realizing that as vehicle become more technological, the repairs become more difficult to daignose?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope they at least gave you a nice loaner (2 weeks in the shop). Sorry to hear your troubles, I just got an XF a few days ago (am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best).

Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 AM

A Nissan Altima... acceptable but way under powered... My XF will feel like a rocket... lol

Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Wife's Tech
Car has been in the shop for two weeks tomorrow I have to say, I've never had a "new" car that has been at a shop for this long in my life! It also is in a garage whenever not in use and I'm hoping this is the case at the shop, but somehow, I don't think so. Just posting an update and realizing that as vehicle become more technological, the repairs become more difficult to daignose?
Sorry about your trials and tribulations with the XF. I've been following your thread and am curious about your first post. What year is the XF and what problem caused the orginal 10 day stay at the dealer.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry S
Sorry about your trials and tribulations with the XF. I've been following your thread and am curious about your first post. What year is the XF and what problem caused the orginal 10 day stay at the dealer.
I have an XF S/C which I bought last July with 20K on the clock. It is a Jaguar Certified vehicle with a warranty for 6yr/100,000 miles (thank God). My original stay at the dealership was for the routine 30K service... while there I informed them of the issue with my "navigation/infotainment unit. It would cut out and lock me out for periods of time where sometimes the navigation tab wouldn't be available to me for days at a time. While there they replaced an "infotainment module" and found an issue with alignment in the right front that caused me to replace the front tires (they replaced the rears when I bought the car).

After getting the car back, everything seemed normal until driving out to my graduation where the head unit cut out completely and I could not access anything for long periods of time and the navigation locked out for good... or until I dropped it off 4 days later. So here I am... another stint at the shop which is in its 15th day... hopefully the call will come today as I'm sick of waiting and the new loaner car is a POS... lol

Old 06-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Wife's Tech
I have an XF S/C which I bought last July with 20K on the clock. It is a Jaguar Certified vehicle with a warranty for 6yr/100,000 miles (thank God). My original stay at the dealership was for the routine 30K service... while there I informed them of the issue with my "navigation/infotainment unit.
The reason I asked about the model year is that some of 09s had a problem with the optical fiber link and connections between the dash-mounted screen unit and the trunk-mounted Nav unit and, if present, the CD changer. It sounds like you may have this sort of problem.

Last edited by Jerry S; 06-01-2012 at 08:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Wife's Tech (06-02-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 AM

I mention things to the service manager that I read on this forum and get blown off (for the lack of a better phrase). There has been a change in "positions" at my dealer so hopefully this time will be the charm. Supposedly, the optical fiber link was addressed/repaired the last time and this time she told me that the navigation unit had to be replaced... I'm hoping it's the entire head unit; that would make up for my aggravation... lol Hopefully today is the day... I'll keep updating my progress.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:28 AM

Just brought my car home last night... the personnel in the service department has all been changed.. i.e. service director, manager and assistant!! Guess the problem went deeper than me this time which makes me feel better in some odd sort of way... lol

Anyway, the unit itself was changed out and the new service manager could not believe the price of what it cost (them) as well as replacing another issue that I didn't even know about yet (express window switch(?) and they also replaced the under-dash cover.
I'm thinking these last two were ignored when I originally bought the car... but I'm now happy and I can install my new Mina exhaust this weekend!!

Hopefully the last update and on to bigger, better things....

Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Default So Long Jaguar Land Rover

My experiences at Albany Jaguar Land Rover have finally pushed me over the edge and as of yesterday, I am no longer a fan or an owner of either. The cars and rovers are awesome vehicles but if service becomes like pulling teeth, then I'll go to the dentist. My last experience (2 out of three) have been nothing but insulting, condescending and 100% unacceptable at Albany Jaguar Land Rover.

Just had a disturbing time at my dealership. My Jag (and/or any other vehicle) is my baby and I always treat my cars with care and never beat them other than higher speeds on suitable roads. Long story short, I had rear brakes replaced last November and an oil change right before putting the car away for the winter. The only trips I took was about 40 miles from my house in January. The rest was only to and from work due to not driving it during bad weather or when there’s salt on the roads… told you I baby the car.

Driving down last weekend, a friend met me for breakfast and he followed me down to our destination… when we got off the Thruway he told me something was hanging from the bottom of my car… low and behold, there was a bolt/or screw missing from the skirting under the car and it was flapping in the breeze… When I got home, the first thing I did was go out to the barn and crawl under the car to refasten the under skirting and found not 1 but 2 bolts missing…. Eff that, I’m raising hell over this… it’s a Jag and their rates are through the roof.

Took me from Monday until Wednesday afternoon to get a call back after calling on each day in the morning. Longs story short… just got back and they told me it was my fault and I must have hit something like a curb… or did I use valet parking… I told them no and he showed me pictures of what looks like scratches under the car and were probably there for years. Then he told me it was forced up and the bolts went through the composite plastic… BS again… I was under there and there were no screws/bolts to be found… just two threaded holes above the spot where the bolts should have been… Treated me like I was scamming them for free stuff… trust me, if I broke it I would own it and ask them or someone to fix it expecting to pay for it… They screwed up again!!!

This guy (new service manager) made his mind up before even speaking to me even though this was the first interaction we had since the past service manager of 30 years retired… There was another who kept this new guy’s seat warm and he was also good but my fear is this new service writer has “polluted” my reputation as no one has even made an attempt to reach-out and ask me how I felt… Yes, there was a small scene with me holding my ground….

Then Jaguar Land Rover called me directly after a 20 minute phone conversation where I had my chance to tell them my side... They basically stated that they were sorry for what I perceived at my last service encounter and to call them if I have any future troubles... I'm done and will steer anyone and everyone away from this dealership.... I've fallen out of love with the brand and have moved on. My wife sold her Range Rover and I sold my Jag....woefully... no one even blinked an eye at Jag/LR or the dealership. I can not see the brand gaining momentum in the Capitol District area if this is what they're going to get.... unless they are truly clueless about the condition, mechanical, maintenance issues with their vehicles or.... have very "naive" deep pockets....

Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

We have 3 Jag/LR dealerships here and are all owned by the same person. I have had lousy service at one of them and do not plan to return to it. Another one has been very good so far and is further away, but I plan on using it in the future. So, even same owned dealerships can be totally different in customer service.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
We have 3 Jag/LR dealerships here and are all owned by the same person. I have had lousy service at one of them and do not plan to return to it. Another one has been very good so far and is further away, but I plan on using it in the future. So, even same owned dealerships can be totally different in customer service.
The next closest dealership for me would be far to inconvenient for us and we labored over this decision but travelling to Long Island from upstate NY or over to Hartford or Rochester is out of the question.... I was floored when customer service at corporate basically said sorry to me as a customer and politely washed there hands of my concerns.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ahhh lovely, its the customers fault. For the 15 minutes and the cost of two bolts they chose to "take a stand" and ultimately lose not one but two customers. Not that anything will be done, nor will it change your mind, but consider reporting the dealership to the Better Business Bureau. Granted at this point this may be an exercise in futility. But it may be a way to put others on notice.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Wife's Tech -- I'm very sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. I had a similar experience w/ Columbia Jag here in MD. My car doesn't even go out in the rain. Took it in for service and they indicated that my tires were bad -- so they replaced. In doing so, they damaged 2 of the rims and also took a huge chunk out of my front facia. Service manager (who is no longer there) told my that I must have hit a curb and not known it AND my car must have been in a parking lot and got hit by a shopping cart! It just had to be my fault!! Maybe that guy moved up to NY!!!
When are people going to wake up and provide good customer service.

I hope you can get things fixed up so you can just enjoy your experience w/ your car.