XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

cat removal 2010 xfr?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 08:56 AM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cat removal 2010 xfr?

I was wondering if anyone remove the catalytic converters on their xfr I would like to get more growl more of like an American Muscle sound I have to MagnaFlow Mufflers in the back and it's literally sounds like a V6 so someone suggested I take out the catalytic converters to give it more growl please let me know if anyone has done this before I have removed both resonators and I have an x-pipe and it's still too damn quiet

Old 03-17-2020, 01:32 PM
Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Enzo Valetti
I was wondering if anyone remove the catalytic converters on their xfr I would like to get more growl more of like an American Muscle sound I have to MagnaFlow Mufflers in the back and it's literally sounds like a V6 so someone suggested I take out the catalytic converters to give it more growl please let me know if anyone has done this before I have removed both resonators and I have an x-pipe and it's still too damn quiet
You can definitely remove the CATS, but I would advise against it for lots of reasons (environmental, smell, noise, etc...), I would encourage that you install hi-flow CATS instead, that is what I have done with my XFR-S, and it has definitely changed the tone of my exhaust and aided in performance gains, go through my posts, and you'll see where I have posted in the past regarding upgrading to hi-flow CATS

Old 08-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have removed resonators and mufflers.

Originally Posted by Enzo Valetti
I know im a little late but I have a 2010 XFR and have removed the two resonators and two mufflers in the back replaces it with an X-pipe and it’s comparable to the idle of a hellcat. I only say this because my buddy has one and you genuinely can’t tell which is making what idle sound when close together! Try it out, goodluck!

Last edited by Austin Lewis; 08-29-2020 at 02:28 PM.