XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Climate Seats Retrofit

Old 06-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Climate Seats Retrofit

Climate Seats retrofit

For me it the longest mod for this vehicle, lasting more than a year.

There almost two year till now how the front XFR seats with climate function were bought, about a year they are waits time for alter to Barley color, about 6 months looks for correct color leather and 6 months after installing rides without worked cooling/heating function.

About two or three months tried to find correctÂ*Â*cooling/heating module on online markets without luck, so decided to order new one with part number C2Z25605 (8X23-14B663-AJ)

and connection housing, the main problem was with one of housing, now its obsolete, so about a week looked for used one housing, they are were found with pigtails wiring (for very high price). also there was ordered the Blind rivet for Module, 2pcs., part number C2P5323

The main problem was to find correct connections for wiring, but I have on mine shelves the inner front seats wiring, so they are became the donors for retrofitting.

As you can see the wiring diagrams needs about 29 wiring different colors and length, it was the hardest part of modding - the finding most “correct”color wiring, solve it and connect for correct pin in module and seat harness

After the front seats and floor panel were stripped the floor under front right seat was lifted, were was found the plastic plate which should be replace for climate seats module.

Climate seat wiring was laid along the existing wiring harnesses, all connections in the new wiring were tested and placed in their places in housings.

the next step was solve floor panel, seats and using SDD change CCF file and program new module.

The next step takes about the hour and first launch was successful.

The whole works for this retrofitting lasts about 20 hours of labour.

Now during hot summer days use it option almost every day for a few minutes after starting riding if car was stayed under the sun.

Attached Thumbnails Climate Seats Retrofit-photo85.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo791.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo779.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo709.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo640.jpg  

Climate Seats Retrofit-photo57.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo926.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo517.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo901.jpg   Climate Seats Retrofit-photo813.jpg  

The following 2 users liked this post by 08292:
amirsa79 (01-20-2017), Panthro (05-13-2017)
Old 06-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Wow - I hope you really like them! That's a lot of effort to get cooled seats...
Great to see that there is a way to do it if someone really wants to.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:54 PM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Very impressive as always!

Old 06-28-2016, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
Wow - I hope you really like them! That's a lot of effort to get cooled seats...
Thanks! It's "must have" option for summer days

Old 06-28-2016, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by BlckCat
Very impressive as always!
Thank you!

Old 05-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Well, looks like I may well be that "someone" who will benefit from this extensive work that was performed and described by 08292. I have ordered the climate box and will try to do this because for me this climate control module is also required for the heated seat function, not only cooling! I am however slightly daunted by the wiring of the connections and I predict significantly more than 20 hours

Old 03-19-2020, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring diagram

Originally Posted by 08292
Climate Seats retrofit

For me it the longest mod for this vehicle, lasting more than a year.

There almost two year till now how the front XFR seats with climate function were bought, about a year they are waits time for alter to Barley color, about 6 months looks for correct color leather and 6 months after installing rides without worked cooling/heating function.

About two or three months tried to find correctÂ*Â*cooling/heating module on online markets without luck, so decided to order new one with part number C2Z25605 (8X23-14B663-AJ)

and connection housing, the main problem was with one of housing, now its obsolete, so about a week looked for used one housing, they are were found with pigtails wiring (for very high price). also there was ordered the Blind rivet for Module, 2pcs., part number C2P5323

The main problem was to find correct connections for wiring, but I have on mine shelves the inner front seats wiring, so they are became the donors for retrofitting.

As you can see the wiring diagrams needs about 29 wiring different colors and length, it was the hardest part of modding - the finding most “correct”color wiring, solve it and connect for correct pin in module and seat harness

After the front seats and floor panel were stripped the floor under front right seat was lifted, were was found the plastic plate which should be replace for climate seats module.

Climate seat wiring was laid along the existing wiring harnesses, all connections in the new wiring were tested and placed in their places in housings.

the next step was solve floor panel, seats and using SDD change CCF file and program new module.

The next step takes about the hour and first launch was successful.

The whole works for this retrofitting lasts about 20 hours of labour.

Now during hot summer days use it option almost every day for a few minutes after starting riding if car was stayed under the sun.
Hi do you have the wiring colour code for each wire to splice to sest loom thanks Mike