XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Customer Services Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Services Experiences

Dear fellow Jaguar enthusiasts,

I am new to this forum but have been monitoring the topics and comments for several months as I am considering buying a Jaguar XF. While (almost) everyone seems to love the design, performance and appointments of the XF, myself included, I must confess that I am extremely concerned about Jaguar’s commitment to customer service. Has anyone had a pleasant or positive experience with Jaguar Customer Service after the purchase?

The XF I am considering is going to be an anniversary gift for my wife and I don’t have time to waste with customer service reps that (I fear) are not committed to resolving a customer issue or treating the customer professionally and with consideration. After reading some of the stories about Jaguar’s poor customer service on this forum, I am hesitant to buy the XF or any Jaguar.

I would appreciate any feedback you can provide especially if you have experience with any of the Jaguar dealerships in the Dallas area.

Thank you,

Dvill

Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Can't help you with Dallas dealers but the ones in my area are very good. They've done the required scheduled maintenance stuff plus a recall fix for the shifter circuit board while I waited. Outside of premature wearout of the OEM tires and an obsolete nav disk, nothing else has been wrong with the car after 20K miles even though it was one of the first 600 XFs produced. My most annoying problem has been folks crashing into the rear end twice while I'm stopped. Almost seems they have trouble seeing the vapor gray color during adverse weather conditions.

The following users liked this post:
Dvill (03-15-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have never had a problem with the dealer in San Antonio (Barrett). But, you probably don't want to drive all the way here for service.

There's also a dealer in Austin, but I don't know anything about them.

Dvill (03-15-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually bought my XF SC in Houston, but live closer to Dallas. I have gone to the dealership in Plano twice and have had no problems with the customer service. They have given me loaner cars when I go in for service. I did not buy my car from them, so I can't tell you about the car buying experience. But so far, the service experience has been good for me. Hope this helps.

Dvill (03-15-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  19.3 KB

There's always good n bad to see everywhere on all points of car ownership.

As far as dealers go? We get many negative comments about a lot of dealers and also many positive posts too. Unfortunately the negatives shout louder than the positives and thats life it seems.

Here's a comment from a newbie on his dealership experience.....

Lennox -
Hello
So glad to find other Jag fans. I am in Savannah Ga close to Hilton Head.
I own a 2006 S Type in perfect condition. It is maintained by Hilton Head Jag which has an awesome service dept.

Hope to meet other owners in the area

As for me?
I currently own an Audi A6 and many many people also complain about the dealer experience...Mine has been excellent.....10/10 for me!
I fully believe its as much about how you the customer treat them and take the time to get to know them and befriend them.......After all, they're taking care of your baby, or not as the case may be

All the best

Dvill (03-15-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Dvill
Dear fellow Jaguar enthusiasts,

I am new to this forum but have been monitoring the topics and comments for several months as I am considering buying a Jaguar XF. While (almost) everyone seems to love the design, performance and appointments of the XF, myself included, I must confess that I am extremely concerned about Jaguar’s commitment to customer service. Has anyone had a pleasant or positive experience with Jaguar Customer Service after the purchase?

The XF I am considering is going to be an anniversary gift for my wife and I don’t have time to waste with customer service reps that (I fear) are not committed to resolving a customer issue or treating the customer professionally and with consideration. After reading some of the stories about Jaguar’s poor customer service on this forum, I am hesitant to buy the XF or any Jaguar.

I would appreciate any feedback you can provide especially if you have experience with any of the Jaguar dealerships in the Dallas area.

Thank you,

Dvill
Welcome Dvill.

I have owned two Jags since 2003.
We have used Autobahn in FW for ALL our service since day one.
They have treated us very well and provided us with loaners or rentals, and they cover the cost.

Sometimes they tend to keep the car longer than I expect due to them being busy or waiting on parts, I can live with this as long as I have a car at their expense.We live 25 miles from the dealer so the drive can be a pain, but the service is good and it makes the distance easier to live wth.

Service rep is Lee and he knows his Jags and treats us with respect.

Good luck with your purchase.

Dvill (03-15-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your feedback. As I said before, I was concerned about Jaguar’s dedication to the customer after the sale. Given some of the post I have read I couldn’t tell if the issues were isolated events or systemic problems within Jaguar.

The positive post you have given me is what I would hope to hear about Jaguar’s customer service..

Thank you again,

Dvill

Old 03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default J D Power and Associates 2011 US Customer Service Index

I found the following on BMW Blog:
"According to J.D. Power and Associates’ 2011 U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study, MINI and Lexus are among the brands with the best dealership service. The annual study takes into consideration multiple factors of dealership service after the sale has occurred. Five measures are examined to determine overall customer satisfaction with dealer service (listed in order of importance): service quality; service initiation; service advisor; service facility; and vehicle pick-up.
Among the the luxury brands, Lexus ranked at the top (847 points) and it was the top-performing luxury brand for the third year in a row. Rounding out the top four nameplates in the premium segment are Jaguar (837); Cadillac (830); and Acura (828). Among luxury brands, Volvo and Porsche achieve the greatest improvements from 2010.. BMW ranks 6th with 814 points, ahead of Mercedes-Benz and Porsche. Audi, Volvo and Land Rover dealerships lagged at the bottom." Courtesy BMWBlog 15 March 2011

Note that Jaguar were placed very high (2nd I think from this piece). A good sign, although in Austin the Jaguar dealership and Land Rover are now merged and Land Rover is at the bottom. Not a good sign!!

Dvill (03-15-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had ups and downs with the dealer service department, from making me wait 1.5 hours to see the service rep and get a "loaner" (Enterprise econobox). To immediate attention when the passenger side mirror came lose after a repair (the short story is that they messed up the original repair) and they fixed the car while we waited. We have had the car for about one year.

The service advisor has been generally helpful and his boss who runs the service department was sympathetic and apologetic. But it was the sales manager who has always treated us well who came to our aid.

So for now, I will give the service department a B+ based solely on their response to our recent issues. To be clear, at one point I would have given them a D-, so they are improving.

Bottom line, don’t take their nonsense. Some dealer’s still treat women like they know nothing about their cars, mine did, until they met my wife, but that is a story for another time.

Dvill (03-16-2011)