XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Dealer messed up my bluetooth system, anyway to fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer messed up my bluetooth system, anyway to fix it?

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a good weekend. So as the title says, my infotainment system is kinda messed up right now, thanks to the dealer in my city. So a little back story here- I took my car in a while back for an air bag recall and when they were fixing that, they scratched some of the buttons on my dashboard. So I told them about it and they agreed to replace them. Replace they did, but with the wrong buttons, so I didn't have the ability to turn off the eco mode on my car anymore. This was really frustrating because I hate that mode with all the passion in the world. I thought reprogramming one of the buttons to turn off the ECO mode would work but they told me that each button ha it's own circuit that controls whatever it's programmed to control, so the buttons would have to be ordered again. Anyways, I took it back, they replaced it again. Now this was yesterday. I realized today that now, with these new buttons in (and I guess new programming) the system deletes the bluetooth connection to my phone everytime I turn off the car. So now I have to set up a new connection everytime I start the car. This is really annoying me. Another minor thing is the infotainment system shuts down everytime I turn off the car even when I have something running through the bluetooth connection (say an audiobook). This never used to happen before if something was running. It only turned off when I locked the doors to my car after shutting the car down. I ran through the settings and couldn't find anything that I could use to fix this. So I wanted to check with people here to see if anyone had seen something like this before and if they had an idea on how to fix this. I really don't want to take this back to the dealer again, I just don't trust them anymore and I pretty sure they will break something again while fixing this issue. Haven't seen such incompetent bunch of folks anywhere. My car is a 2013 Jaguar XF (V6).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by aimulaidni; 02-09-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Back to them, sadly.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts

Call Jaguar North America.

Explain in detail the series of events and the problems you have experienced.

I have had to do it several times with repairs that do not get fix after several trips. (My trips are 180 mile round trip to nearest dealer).

Make sure you explain that each trip causes a new entry in the service history in not only the Jaguar system but also Carfax/auto check systems that tend to show how “unreliable” the car is to perspective buyers and it reduces resale values.

When it took 10 trips to fix a squeaky seat, blown speaker, and clunking in rear, Jag NA sent me a check for $2100 (to cover loss of use/excessive mileage and stepped in to be my liaison to EVERYTHING right. At the time, my car had only 20,000 miles on it and over 10% of that was driving to and from the dealer for repairs. They basically gave me 3 months of payments back to cover the miles and time spent in the service bays.

Stay persistent, and get it fixed correctly. In the end, Dealers LOVE it when you give up and go away.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 PM

Thank you for your detailed reply, 10 XF Premium!. And I apologize for not getting to this earlier, got caught up with a number of things. I didn't realize each trip caused a new entry in the service history. This would be disastrous, I seriously need to follow up with Jag Customer Service to see if anything can be done. I didn't reply to any of the surveys from Jaguar asking about my experience since this was the only dealership in town I could go to and I didn't want them to be pissed at me for leaving a bad review. Thank you for letting me know about this!

Last edited by aimulaidni; 03-10-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 PM

Thank you for your reply, Jag V8!