XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Did the X pipe, nothing left to do now but enjoy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
Did your tone change? Curious how it would be with the Mina you have and x-pipe.
It's a little deeper.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
It's a little deeper.
I'm guessing it has less snap, crackle and pop as well?

Old 10-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MarkN
The underbelly of your car is cleaner than my kitchen!

I paid $900 for my Mina....$140????
I paid $500 for my Mina, found it on EBay while doing a Google Search. Guy had it on his cat for a week but found it 'too reserved".

Old 06-16-2017, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

The sound, sorry for the late response..lol

The following users liked this post:
Datsports (06-30-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
The sound, sorry for the late response..lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUcRK3RfEZ8
Hi there, do you feel you have any power loss of low to mid range torque with the x pipe? i've only added electric cutouts to my stock exhaust and everything else is in place. i thought all was good and i mostly drive around with the cutouts open for the awesome sounds. i was doing some spirited driving with the cutouts closed recently and was surprised that the car actually felt a lot faster because of more low to mid torque.. was the backpressure reduction causing an adverse effect?
i am looking into a tune in the future, but am also looking at some baseline mods like the x pipe, but i wonder if these mods will cause temp or permanent torque losses where i need it for the gain of top end HP where i seldom operate..

Old 07-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an axle-back and experienced the same thing. Wondering if an x-pipe will restore torque or deduct it even further (for top end hp). I miss being able to waft past other cars without sounding too much like I'm exhausting myself.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam J
Hi there, do you feel you have any power loss of low to mid range torque with the x pipe? i've only added electric cutouts to my stock exhaust and everything else is in place. i thought all was good and i mostly drive around with the cutouts open for the awesome sounds. i was doing some spirited driving with the cutouts closed recently and was surprised that the car actually felt a lot faster because of more low to mid torque.. was the backpressure reduction causing an adverse effect?
i am looking into a tune in the future, but am also looking at some baseline mods like the x pipe, but i wonder if these mods will cause temp or permanent torque losses where i need it for the gain of top end HP where i seldom operate..
The x-pipe is meant to help flow by evening out the exhaust pulses and better scavenging. The lack of back pressure from your cutouts is what's causing you to lose power down low.

Not sure if you're familiar with motorcycles, but there is a valve (Yamaha used it under the Exup moniker) used in the exhaust system of many sport bikes to vary the back pressure to give better low/mid range power. It then opens fully for better to end power.

So if you like your cutouts (I know you do from your videos) and don't want to suffer when they are open, you need to add an intake and a supercharger pulley at the very least. Or go with a tune as well. It will then have enough power that you won't ever feel it it's soft. And the intake will make it feel faster because of the increase in supercharger whine.

Adam J (07-09-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member

Yes, the tune is what allows you to utilize the increased air flow, and make more power.

Adam J (07-09-2017)