XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drivers seat

I am on my way to visit family for the thanksgiving holiday. The drive is about 9 hours. After 4 hours of driving, my rear end is sore from the cushion in the front drivers seat. Do any of you have the same uncomfortable feeling?

If so, what have you done to correct?

Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The foam does wear out. My mercedes seat did that. Not sure how old yours is, but any auto trim shop could put some new soft foam on top of what is there.

On the other hand, when driving for a long time it is good to adjust the seat, bottom angle, etc to make it more bearable. The body doesn't like sitting in the exact same position for 4 hours.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Seats seem firm when new but get better as they get more use. Typically, Europeans demand firmer seats than North Americans.

The base model seats are flat as well as firm and the bond grain leather is quite stiff so takes some breaking in. Premium luxury have soft grain leather seats which are more immediately comfortable, but same flat shape.

If you have an XFR or XF SC then the seats have bolstering which can add a bit if pinching to some NA physiques.

Nothing can be done about factory seat shape.

BTW, it is use not to drive continuously for four hours without stopping for a stretch. In Europe the recommended safe standard is around 2 hours between stops but they get much heavier traffic which is more tiring. However, the seats are designed with this interval in mind.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Oops duplicate post seems theres no way to delete a duplicate

Seats seem firm when new but get better as they get more use. Typically, Europeans demand firmer seats than North Americans.

The base model seats are flat as well as firm and the bond grain leather is quite stiff so takes some breaking in. Premium luxury have soft grain leather seats which are more immediately comfortable, but same flat shape.

If you have an XFR or XF SC then the seats have bolstering which can add a bit of pinching to some NA physiques.

Nothing can be done about factory seat shape.

BTW, it is use not to drive continuously for four hours without stopping for a stretch. In Europe the recommended safe standard is around 2 hours between stops but they get much heavier traffic which is more tiring. However, the seats are designed with this interval in mind.