XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

ECM Help! Please Please and of course PLEASE :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM Help! Please Please and of course PLEASE :(

Good day ALL! First, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum. I have used it plenty of times to find out things about my Jaguar that I never knew. All of your posts and guidance are appreciated. I have been able to get by just reading posts but I have a major issue and may actually need some help on this one.

I blew my motor about 2 months ago. Apparently, the ECM failed and locked my engine once fuel got in there. I just replaced the engine, starter, and with labor that cost me a ton of money. Now, my car wouldnt start because the fuel pump and injectors werent operating. My mechanic said its my ECM and it would need to be reprogrammed. I sent to AutoECM (Great company by the way I found out about thru you guys here), they were very professional but stated it was the processor and something they cannot repair. So now, I am somewhat confused as to what to do next,...

A piece of me is irate that I bought this car two years ago from Jaguar's showroom and now I have this issue... I bought it used but really, it only has 70k and I expected a lot more from my Jag. The dealership wants 2000 for a new ecm, but of course I would like to know if I can get it programmed anywhere else.Someone at a different ECM repair company stated some locksmiths do it but I'm not sure and don't see anything online.. Not sure what options I have but you guys seem to know everything so i figured I'd ask. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this and I am grateful for any guidance at all.. ESPECIALLY IF SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE OR HOW I CAN GET THIS PROGRAMMED...

--Your now broke friend,
Charles :0(

Old 10-20-2016, 01:21 PM

It's a 2011 Jaguar XF 5.0 w/o Supercharger by the way. Sorry guys, im new at this

Old 10-21-2016, 03:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

So far you seem to have what might be called allegations about it. To me they ring false.

I'd be looking for a jag tech who actually knows stuff.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:20 AM

Hey JagV8 - thats actually why I'm here lol.. I don't know any jag techs personally but JaguarForums seems like the best place to find one. If not than at least someone who can point me in the right direction. Thanks for the reply bro, all guidance is appreciated!

Old 10-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

You may have to fone or visit someone.